Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1092348 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: The Attack of the Rabid Vacuum Cleaners
« Reply #705 on: December 12, 2013, 02:06:33 pm »

An @ function?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 12, 2013, 02:10:33 pm »

Xantalos, I'd guess it's just his preference. I do the same thing for Roll To Medium.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #707 on: December 12, 2013, 02:12:34 pm »

This mission has been fairly quick so far because the upper level was supposed to test the stealth part of the game.
This level is supposed to test a different kind of action and a more linear level design. If you think this is getting boring I could just skip you to the "fun" part of your currently chosen locations.
((I think this whole thing is great. Even though I'm dying all the time :P
Question though, is there a particular reason you don't show the rolls?))
Dunno, thought it would be more fun that way. Want me to show you the rolls?
An @ function?
Some forums, like xda, allow you to mention users in a thread (@Parisbre56 for example) and have that user be notified that he was mentioned if he has chosen to in his profile settings.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 12, 2013, 02:16:14 pm »

((I'm good, just wondering.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 12, 2013, 02:22:26 pm »

Sorry, continue my original action of sneaking up to them.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 12, 2013, 02:31:28 pm »

Eria looks through her host's memories "Anyone have 'grenades'? No? I'm going to try something stupid."

Rush their cover and try to freeze the bottom of the hiders
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #711 on: December 12, 2013, 05:30:05 pm »

Toaster & Xantalos & GWG
"Uhhh... will these help?"
Summon a suite of medical/surgical tools.
Parts begin appearing. Wires and electrodes connect and form a helmet that falls on your head. The helmet is covered by metal and plastic plates, isolating you from the rest of the world. You can't see what's going on, but you feel something heavy slowly extending from your head to cover your chest, arms and hands, like a shirt made of lead. It feels stiff.
You can vaguely feel something in front of you, where you remember Alan was. It feels like a faintly heard melody that invites you to listen to it more closely or a fleeting image that begs for a more detailed examination.
"Don't you dare die on me!"
Attempt to drop the name-knowing power, trying to get something more useful in return.
Continue healing him.

You gain the ability to extend and weave your hair into dense keratin armor that covers most of your body, trading extra toughness for reduced mobility. Not very helpful right now, but it might be useful later on. Especially with a wild Vacuum Cleaner lurking around.
You continue healing Alan. It's not looking good. His lower body is slowly being repaired, but he's still loosing too much blood and he's getting paler by the second. You don't think he's going to make it.
You take glance behind you and notice that John has had his upper body covered by a white and red plastic suit. Syringes, cameras, tubes and various medical tools like scalpels, clamps and defibrillators cover it, sometimes moving around on their own and rearranging themselves with the help of their small robotic amrs. Looks like he got a medical suite built into a medical suit. Damn hard of hearing genies powers.
Unconciously summon Pepto-Bismol.
You hallucinate pieces of cake dancing a ballet. The act ends with the pieces of cake falling inside your mouth one by one. But this act has so many dancers... You don't think you'll ever be able to eat them all. You're going to get a tummy ache if you keep eating all of them, you're sure.

DAF
"No, no no! Nothing sharp please! Just stay on guard, we'll get to work on saving him."
Zechariah didn't have healing abilities, that was for sure. Well, at least physical. He could try focusing his will into the victim, but he was pretty sure that wouldn't work.
"Hey, man, you're gonna be okay. We're not letting you die here. Just think about little ducklings... Little duckies."
Zechariah gave the best smile he could before Alan passed out. Hopefully he was in duckland.
"Angel, can you take care of him? I'm going to help Irine."

Head back to help Irine, unless something comes up. I'm more of use next to fire anyways.
After giving the unconscious Alan some truly inspiring and life changing advice, you turn around and start heading back to the elevator and Irene. You make it about halfway there.

Lenglon
Good, now for phase two
through interface, to D: <I think I'm fine, but if this next part doesn't work then I might want that. Just make sure I don't melt the device.>
((also, though Irine isn't aware of the danger, she's small enough that fire suppression foam might cover her and suffocate her.))
CAREFULLY pick my point on the elevator roof to do this, and gather up all the loose fire and send it up through it, leaving the only fire on this level my smokeless orbs. the fire that I'm sending through the roof I want to spread out in a thin sheet up above, forming a visual barrier.
through interface, to D: <What will happen to my host when we're done? What will she remember?>

"I'll tell you to run away if it comes to that. Hope you can run fast. I don't know what kind of foam they're using exactly, so it might not be safe for you."

"Well, IF you're either lucky enough or good enough for your host to survive, then she's going to have a very strange experience. Some data like our existence will be erased, other memories will be altered to seem more... normal but most of the memories will remain. There will be a few suggestions implanted in her mind that will hopefully make everything seem normal to her or at least keep her from going crazy, but she will probably remember today as one of the strangest experiences in her life. It's not every day you suddenly gain supernatural powers and skills and start acting completely out of character. If we were going for something more long term we could try for a better solution but right now the chances of more than one of you getting out of here alive are really slim so there's no reason to be concerned. We'll just focus our efforts on whoever survives.
From what I see in this guy's mind, your host was already a very weak pyrokinetic, so perhaps it won't be too difficult to convince her everything that happened here was normal."

You manage to do exactly what you wanted! No fiery explosions, no destroyed primary objectives, not even any leftover flames. Sure, a few wires had their covering melted and a few lights were destroyed from the heat as the flames passed through a gap in the beams and winches above the elevator platform, but nothing important was damaged. Surprising, huh?

There's still a bit of smoke in here and the fire alarms in the hallway are screaming, but the ventilation system should clear that out soon and the smoke alarms will hopefully reset sometime soon.

Fniff & Harry Baldman & scapheap
"So... anybody care to flush them out? My abilities mostly just let me sense people, they're no good offensively."

Suggest.
Hey, looks like the lizard and the mercenary are going to flush them out. Great! You'll just do all the shooting from behind this nice cozy cover.
Continue my original action of sneaking up to them.
Eria looks through her host's memories "Anyone have 'grenades'? No? I'm going to try something stupid."

Rush their cover and try to freeze the bottom of the hiders
Jordan starts sneaking towards the consoles but a moment later Eria decides it's better to Banzai-charge them. Jordan sighs and starts running behind the lizard. A few moments later a man's voice can be heard from the speakers, screaming "Now! Now! Now!"

Eria runs with tremendous speed, reaching the nearest console to find a terrified woman in a white lab coat crouching behind it, raising the fifth lever in a group labeled from 1 through 5. Eria grabs the woman from her hand. She screams "No! Please! Don't kill me!" as she tries and fails to get away from Eria's scaly grip.

Jordan is a bit slower than Eria. As he tries to run through the threshold of the final pair of pillars, he feels as if he has hit a scorching hot concrete wall. He bounces backwards, hitting a similar hot barrier behind him. Hmmm... Looks like he's trapped and his face is going to be as red as a lobster's.

On the Northwest side of the room a man in a white lab coat gets up from behind a console and starts banging on the door they're supposed to go through, screaming "They're through! Please let us in! It didn't work!".
Ike tries shooting him but the same shimmering effect that has trapped Jordan stops his bullet. His senses can detect a thin barrier forming between the two pillars every time that shimmering effect activates. The barrier is riddled with fist sized holes near the pillars.
((As much as I'd love to show scapheap the effects of icing a human (heh, icing) from up close I don't know what Eria's opinion is about murdering unarmed civilians is.))

Everyone
"The guys above just gave the order to use explosives to open the elevator doors. You don't have much time. I suggest you hurry up and finish your objectives."

EDIT:((Dammit, I wanted to make a map about where everyone was in the Fniff/Harry/scapheap group but I forgot about it and hit post. I'll post it later.))
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 05:32:54 pm by Parisbre56 »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 12, 2013, 05:34:27 pm »

Keep going! I can't let those guys use explosives on that elevator!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 12, 2013, 05:37:12 pm »

Catch the cake in a bucket so I can eat it later.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 12, 2013, 06:17:01 pm »

"Oh for fuck's sake, why did you choose me to capture? I'm just a guy! The walking lizardperson who will definitely win you a Nobel prize for dissecting is right there! You are a bunch of amateurs..."
Try to jump up and grab a ceiling light, convenient hanging wire, or similar ceiling object, then try to hoist myself up and swing to the other side of the forcefield. If this is not possible, climb up a pillar and jump to the other side.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 06:24:33 pm by Fniff »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #715 on: December 12, 2013, 06:20:19 pm »

Map, as promised.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Keep going! I can't let those guys use explosives on that elevator!
((Those guys are planning on using explosives to breach the reinforced doors of the elevator shaft a good distance above you. You are on the other side of those doors and a good distance below them. How exactly do you plan to stop them?))
EDIT:
    ._.
   TD |
    | |
    |ED__

T is them, E is the elevator, D are the reinforced elevator doors.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 06:27:35 pm by Parisbre56 »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 12, 2013, 06:26:54 pm »

Well, Irine is spinning up fires, and so I can use the light to create hard barriers, since the more time I spend reinforcing the barrier, the better. So yeah.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 12, 2013, 07:03:52 pm »

((Well, since things went perfectly, when they open the doors and look down they'll see a sheet of flame going across the entire elevator shaft. they'll hopefully think twice about jumping blindly into an inferno.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 12, 2013, 07:19:43 pm »

(Correct that Eria has issues with killing civilians. I do see one thing with this set up those)

Holding the scuff of the lab coat, Eria looks pointedly at the levers and then at her reddening teammate "But you were trying to kill us, right? Speaking of."

Use foot to lower levers 5 to 1(well 4 to 1)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 12, 2013, 09:21:18 pm »

"Mmphh mmmphh mmmpphh!"

Fix Alan.  Make it fast- at least get him stabilized.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 521