Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This isn't an update. This isn't an update at all!

Patience, young Padawan
- 24 (9.5%)
Bribe lazy owls
- 28 (11.1%)
Prod lazy owls
- 25 (9.9%)
Beat lazy owls
- 25 (9.9%)
Savagely beat lazy owls
- 33 (13.1%)
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
- 66 (26.2%)
Abandon thread
- 18 (7.1%)
Get our own LP, with blackjack and hookers!
- 33 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 179

Author Topic: Expendable Princess [Week 12: Hoops]  (Read 268332 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Expendable Princess [Week 17: <3 and </3]
« Reply #540 on: January 01, 2014, 11:19:36 am »

SCANDAL BOOMBAYAY!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 01, 2014, 12:03:36 pm »

Scandalous.

I just want to see who we get.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 01, 2014, 12:07:16 pm »

I changed my vote to scandalous.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:17:20 pm by Broken »
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 01, 2014, 02:27:06 pm »

Voting to dance with someone older.

This is why I keep pushing for Intrigue! We are failing everything

Kind of agree. Never played the game, but it seems pretty clear that there aren't going to be many military challenges this early in. I suggest we focus on social and intellectual skills. Maybe do one training of reflexes once since it has a high bonus right now and is so close to 50, then refocus and train some skills that will obviously be useful. We're a Queen. Public speaking, foreign affairs, world history, courtly manners...skills like these might not be very exciting skills, but they're obviously going to be important, and we've been slacking on them.

Also, I wonder if maybe we're focusing too much on the lumen. It seems like it will take a lot of effort to get into the treasure and get the thing, and then once we have it we'd need to spend a lot of time training with it. I wonder if it might be better to simply skip magic and take a different path. We don't need to be Lizzy Shinkicker, and there seem to be plenty of other paths we can take.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 01, 2014, 02:27:44 pm »

This will end in disaster. O.o
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 01, 2014, 02:30:06 pm »

I'm assuming that since we failed the intrigue test, anyone we choose would be scandalous.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 01, 2014, 02:40:30 pm »

Kind of agree. Never played the game, but it seems pretty clear that there aren't going to be many military challenges this early in. I suggest we focus on social and intellectual skills. Maybe do one training of reflexes once since it has a high bonus right now and is so close to 50, then refocus and train some skills that will obviously be useful. We're a Queen. Public speaking, foreign affairs, world history, courtly manners...skills like these might not be very exciting skills, but they're obviously going to be important, and we've been slacking on them.

Also, I wonder if maybe we're focusing too much on the lumen. It seems like it will take a lot of effort to get into the treasure and get the thing, and then once we have it we'd need to spend a lot of time training with it. I wonder if it might be better to simply skip magic and take a different path. We don't need to be Lizzy Shinkicker, and there seem to be plenty of other paths we can take.

Magic may not be mandatory, but there's PLENTY of reasons to keep after it! I mean, we're single-minded, we've already worked our hardest to fail at noble interactions, we've plunged the world into darkness with ignorance, and the assassins WILL come.

So, if we're going the socially awkward introvert who knows a little too much about weapons, wars, and gossip route, we may as well back it up and be a magical introvert rather than a normal one.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 01, 2014, 02:49:11 pm »

Well, after a bit of thought, let's go with Scandalous. I think it would be folly to pick a man, only to trip over their feet and utterly cause the nobles to raise their collective eyebrows. So, let's distract them by dancing terribly with whoever we think can cause a scandal with!
BIRDS.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 01, 2014, 02:51:26 pm »

Magic may not be mandatory, but there's PLENTY of reasons to keep after it! I mean, we're single-minded, we've already worked our hardest to fail at noble interactions, we've plunged the world into darkness with ignorance, and the assassins WILL come.

So, if we're going the socially awkward introvert who knows a little too much about weapons, wars, and gossip route, we may as well back it up and be a magical introvert rather than a normal one.

+1 to Magic Awesome

Someone our own age please!

...though I'm starting to suspect that someone scandalous would be a woman...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 01, 2014, 02:51:54 pm »

Glad I'm not the only one...

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 01, 2014, 02:54:37 pm »

I'm personally hoping that we dance with the Duchess of Ursul O.o
BIRDS.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 01, 2014, 03:06:26 pm »

I've only ever done one, and it isn't scandalous, so I'm hoping it's with a completely non-noble.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 01, 2014, 03:26:24 pm »

I'm personally hoping that we dance with the Duchess of Ursul O.o
I knew I couldn't be the only one this came to mind for.

Speaking of which, let's see what the tallies are at:

Scandalous 7
Our Age 5
Older 2

No update yet, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 01, 2014, 04:10:03 pm »

Scandalous, sure.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 01, 2014, 04:29:01 pm »

Our age
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 179