Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 134299 times)

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 40 - Diamond Nights
« Reply #945 on: February 22, 2014, 09:20:40 pm »

Hehehehehehe.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 23, 2014, 02:55:59 am »

All I can gather from this is I suck at introducing questlines. Which kinda makes sense. I know what the main quest/objective is, so I sorta assume you guys do, so I just don't mention it.

GMing is hard.

((Oh, I know what the quest is. It's just that Lyu doesn't, as he was never informed of it, and only now noticed that he was in the middle of an unidentified quest. He's oblivious like that.))

"Firstly: We've fought more demons travelling here than staying here. Secondly: Do you really think you can keep going at full capacity without even a couple days here and there to rest and recuperate? Thirdly: Demonfish are hardly a serious danger compared to things we know actually exist."

"Firstly, when you have an advantage of no demons in the vicinity, the reasonable thing to do would be to press it, not sit on it! Secondly, you can easily rest while traveling, you big baby! What else do people even do on a boat, or a carriage, for that matter? Thirdly, it certainly would be amazing if you were right!"

I have a suggestion then. I'll head over to the local temple and talk to the people there. Lyu and Baldur, you speak to the duke and convince him of our deeds. Maybe you two can actually get us paid. Ekoka, you can go shopping for gloves and fletching supplies and shaded spectacles.

Afterwards we'll spend the night reading the books and getting prepared before we all head out to the east. Sound good?

"That's certainly my kind of plan, with all the running around it entails! Let's go!"

To the duke! Utilize priestliness to its utmost potential to reach the old dirty bastard as soon as possible!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 23, 2014, 10:56:26 am »

"Firstly: How do you propose we press it? By exhausting ourselves? Being properly rested is an advantage all its own. Secondly: In the wilderness, we have a multitude of things to worry about, same on a boat. We have next to none here, one or two. Thirdly: Why do you think I am wrong? Have you seen demonfish? Have you seen land-demons?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 23, 2014, 11:13:31 am »

"Firstly: How do you propose we press it? By exhausting ourselves? Being properly rested is an advantage all its own. Secondly: In the wilderness, we have a multitude of things to worry about, same on a boat. We have next to none here, one or two. Thirdly: Why do you think I am wrong? Have you seen demonfish? Have you seen land-demons?"

"Firstly, moving about in a timely fashion is hardly exhausting, and you look very well rested already (beaming with sheer listlessness, even!), so any complaints of that nature can be safely written off as laziness and tendencies toward procrastination! Secondly, boat rides, at least for the passengers, are shockingly relaxing and physically undemanding unless you get motion sickness. Thirdly, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm simply stating that it would be really great if you were right, because then we would have pretty much nothing to worry about on a boat, which really does support the argument that we should go on a boat ride as quickly as possible."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 24, 2014, 01:56:29 pm »

((So, I'll just use navy text to signify that Felice is conversing with the sphere in his head. It seems easier to do it this way.))

Felice, seeing as he will have quite some free time being locked up in his room, decides to try and get this sphere worked out.

"Okay, sphere, if that's your real name. It seems to me that we're going to be stuck together for some time, so we might as well make the best of it. I'll promise to not metnally punch you out fo frustration anymore, if you promise not to almost send me falling down a stairwell.

It would also help if we could work out some form of communication. Do you come with a manual or something?"

Think above, attempt to establish communication with the sphere

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: February 25, 2014, 06:07:27 pm »

Okay, so, GWG, Harry and Pancaek have finalised their actions. if BFEL and USEC could move, we can get this party started!

In a similar vein, I'm now employed. This means my Telling-BFEL-no-you-may-not time is fairly limited during the week. I'll try to be around as much as I can, though.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 26, 2014, 07:02:28 am »

(oh. Oops :P)

Off to the temple, leave Lyu and Ekoka to their argument and go ask the priests about our new destination. And possibly other things lapdances
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 26, 2014, 04:35:35 pm »

Uh... Go wandering around the city and browse the markets.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 26, 2014, 05:40:10 pm »

Don't tempt me, BFEL.
Check out my RtD!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 27, 2014, 01:46:03 am »

Now I always read BFEL as Beful (Bea-Full) and now I've really grown attached to that name.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 27, 2014, 02:16:07 am »

I've always pronounced it as Biffel, personally. You're just ED-E in my head though. Yes you are now a robot.
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 27, 2014, 07:09:07 am »

Its actually Befell. As in "disaster befell the party over, and over, and over" :P

Pronunciation of Bee-fell if you're curious.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 27, 2014, 09:01:33 am »

I always mentally pronounce it Bee'ee'efel.
(The apostrophes wouldn't be there is there was a better way to separate the five e's into three syllables.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 27, 2014, 09:11:39 am »

I always mentally pronounce it Bee'ee'efel.
(The apostrophes wouldn't be there is there was a better way to separate the five e's into three syllables.)

WHERE DID YOU GET ALL THOSE E'S?
GWG DID YOU ROB E-SURANCE AGAIN?

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 27, 2014, 09:16:47 am »

E is the most common letter in the English alphabet. You have as many in your question and accusation as I did in my transliteration. I make the e's myself, thank you very much.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 74