Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 133622 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 41 - Apotheosis
« Reply #975 on: March 02, 2014, 10:47:18 am »

As the team morality pet, I am NOT for it.
Although that IS a good point, might help explain how the Gods got all chopped into pieces.

((Which is why it would be cool if we could get empirical confirmation of the fact, so we know what's going on when the gods get killed off next time!

It doesn't even have to be an arrow. We could just do that test that the university guy did, poking someone with a lodestone rod. Or, failing that, just ask an angel if they react terribly with iron.))

Also, I just had a horrid realization. Lyu has 10000 gold right now.

HOW THE HELL ARE WE EVER GONNA GET THAT AWAY FROM HIM?
I mean, he's basically the team rogue. Or bard. Either way, not the best people to trust with ALL THE MUNNIES.

((Lyu realizes perfectly well that it's best to spread your assets around, so that if someone gets robbed, one is not completely screwed. Besides, he has nothing to really spend it on, as real estate does not seem like a wise investment in the current apocalyptic climate.))

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 02, 2014, 11:39:44 am »

I offer good price on apocalypse bunker! Very safe. Only ten thousand! Is cheap!
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 02, 2014, 02:21:22 pm »

And I've got a bridge to sell ya. Leads straight to Brooklyn!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 02, 2014, 04:50:48 pm »

As the team morality pet, I am NOT for it.
Although that IS a good point, might help explain how the Gods got all chopped into pieces.

((Which is why it would be cool if we could get empirical confirmation of the fact, so we know what's going on when the gods get killed off next time!))

One would assume part of our job as heroes would be to keep other gods from getting torn asunder.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 02, 2014, 06:36:49 pm »

I would like it If buying some property turns this game into a property management simulator.

Just my thoughts, you know.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 02, 2014, 07:03:56 pm »

I would like it If buying some property turns this game into a property management simulator.

That'd be my luck. The five stalwart heroes spend the next two years buying and selling property like it's all of a sudden RtD Banished.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:40:24 am by Niccolo »
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 04, 2014, 09:29:29 am »

That'd be my luck. The five stalwart heroes spend the next two years buying and selling property like it's all of a sudden RtD Banished.

I MAY have put thought into derailing an RtD into "follow around the most boring NPC alive for 20 turns" just for the potentially massive Henderson rating, but I like this game too much to do that to it.

I'm saving that for something that turns out crappy :P

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 05, 2014, 06:21:18 pm »

Okay, so, uh, it looks like some people have just utterly vanished. While we wait on them...

BFEL, everyone else is doing fairly long-ish actions, so you and I are going to have a small RP for a bit while we wander through your actions.

Stare at the orb some more. If that doesn't help, touch my finger to it.

You stare hard at the cracked and broken orb, even bend closer to get a better look. The break is smooth, with none of the jagged lines one would expect from fractured rock. It's as though the rock was sheared in two... You glance skywards, to where the old sun once hung, and remember that awful day two weeks ago. When stories began filtering in through the pitch-black day from villages on the coast of the continent on the far side of Maska. Mages relayed the story of how at midday the sun flared an angry red for an instant, before being cleaved in two by an unseen force. A concussive blast of fire and light seared the Elven lands into desert and glass, leaving no survivors anywhere on the continent except for the coastal cities and villages.

You remember hearing that the sun was split almost exactly in half but not quite, rather like this orb. Huh. The sacred object must be a more powerful artefact of faith than you thought.

Shrugging, you poke the smaller piece with your finger. Nothing happens. So you poke the larger piece. Again, nothing happens.

Lost, you look to the priest. He's still smiling that annoyingly serene smile. You notice that the bandage over his right eye is glowing faintly, as though light was spilling forth from the eye beneath.

Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 05, 2014, 07:08:55 pm »

Lost, you look to the priest. He's still smiling that annoyingly serene smile. You notice that the bandage over his right eye is glowing faintly, as though light was spilling forth from the eye beneath.

This...is either really good or really bad...and its been awhile since we dealt with something really bad. At the same time, I'm not sure if you want to make this a combat turn...hmm.....

Eye the eye warily, is it magic or something....darker?

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 06, 2014, 05:18:27 am »

Ehehehehe.

Eye the eye warily, is it magic or something....darker?

You step back from the orb and eye his... eye. "Uh... I don't mean to alarm you, sir priest, but your eye is glowing." You nervously finger the pommel of your sword, wondering if you should draw it and stab him now, or wait for the fireworks to start.

The priest smiles at you. It's the kind of smile that makes babies spontaneously giggle. He seems absolutely benign. "Don't be alarmed, young healer. Have you never seen a seer before?" He gently touches the bandage over his eye as the glow fades. "Those of us blessed by Sariel with visions give one eye to the future and keep one firmly on the present." He lowers his hand. "the Lady of Time chose to reveal to me certain details about Shas Ria's future. But they matter not for your quest. Now," he gestures at the cracked swirly orb of Solvarion. "Show me what you can do."
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 06, 2014, 07:42:17 am »

Thuun, put at ease by the revelation, and feeling slightly silly for having been alarmed so, lets out a nervous chuckle before turning his attention back to the orb.

It was a curious thing, what the Seer had obviously intended for him to do. Thuun was used to mending people, not relics of his God!

But regardless, he focused himself toward the task at hand...what magics would he need to utilize? Fire and Light spring to mind immediately, as they are the source of Solvarion's power. But the orb is well, an orb, and doubtless made of different forms of ore, requiring an application of Earth magic.
At the same time, it was clearly connected to Solvarion in a deep, intrinsic way and Solvarion, while divine, is...or was presumably a living thing, thus demanding the ministration of Thuun's specialty of Life magic.

All these thoughts swirled within his head as he stared deep into the orb, and made his decision.

Touching his finger once more to the broken orb, Thuun gently teased each of the four magic forms he had identified into the orb, watching for reaction, and pouring forth the powers that prove to help the task.

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 06, 2014, 08:20:24 am »

Ooooh. Interesting choice. And you've somehow got bonuses in all four of those elements! It's like I've planned this story and I'm not just making it up as we go!

But seriously, where is everyone else?

Thuun, put at ease by the revelation, and feeling slightly silly for having been alarmed so, lets out a nervous chuckle before turning his attention back to the orb.

It was a curious thing, what the Seer had obviously intended for him to do. Thuun was used to mending people, not relics of his God!

But regardless, he focused himself toward the task at hand...what magics would he need to utilize? Fire and Light spring to mind immediately, as they are the source of Solvarion's power. But the orb is well, an orb, and doubtless made of different forms of ore, requiring an application of Earth magic.
At the same time, it was clearly connected to Solvarion in a deep, intrinsic way and Solvarion, while divine, is...or was presumably a living thing, thus demanding the ministration of Thuun's specialty of Life magic.

All these thoughts swirled within his head as he stared deep into the orb, and made his decision.

Touching his finger once more to the broken orb, Thuun gently teased each of the four magic forms he had identified into the orb, watching for reaction, and pouring forth the powers that prove to help the task.

You draw your mind in, focusing solely on the orb, blocking even the seer's presence from your thoughts. You gently lay an index finger on each piece of the orb and sink within yourself. The first elements to spring to mind are Fire and Light, their symbols curiously interwoven in your mind's eye. (Fi: 6, Lt: 3+2) Your index fingers begin to glow a searing golden-white an instant before the fiery light seeps into the halves of the orb. The white spirals glow brilliantly while the golden flecks shine with inner fire.

Time for the third element. As the earthly symbol of Solvarion, you need the third element - Earth - as a structural matrix. You're not even entirely sure on what you're doing, rather functioning on instinct and educated guesses. Nevertheless, you reach deep within yourself and summon the third element. Your head begins to pound with the strain and you know that the magical kickback after this stunt is going to be hell, but it's important.

You're not sure why, but it's important.

(Ea: 4+1) From your knuckles up to your elbows, ochre light stems forth in a solid, sturdy glow. As the matrix forms and the three elements blend into one, your eyes shift and you can see the network of connections that once held the rocky orb together. Your fingers slide over the halves and suddenly you're cupping the two pieces and pressing them together. There's a pulse of red-orange light and the cracked orb is whole once more, the white swirl of rock shining all the brighter, the gold flecks bursting into rays of golden light. Yet the orb is inert.

You reach forth with the final element, Life. You wonder what you are doing, why you're trying to bring this rock to life. (Li: 1+1) Your thoughts stumble over the spell and the magic fades, the green energy of Life itself sinking into the dead rock you hold and failing to achieve anything. The black swirl darkens and seems to be shedding shadows now, in stark counterpoint to the radiant white light given off by the white. And you understand. Solvarion is the God of Life, but he is also the God of Death. You need both. Within your mind you see the spells of Life invert and you come to understand Life magic in a way that few before you have.

You murmur a prayer to Lunette, hoping she will forgive you for what you're about to do.

(Li: 6-1) Green light flares into brilliance beneath your right hand.

(Li: 5) All green light fades from existence beneath your left.

Your life magic passes in a circuit through the rock, tracing the intricate whorls and swirls of white rock through the centre, meeting  the end of the black rock and completing the spiral outwards to then be drawn into your left hand. There's a loud snapping sound and the rock shivers.

You set the Orb of Solvarion back upon its pedestal and step backwards. The orb is no longer glowing, except for the golden flecks - just as you remember. You genuflect to the Orb and turn back to the seer. He is... slightly disturbed. Horrified, perhaps. "I am sorry," he murmurs to you. "I did not know what I would be asking of you."

You smile grimly and shrug your shoulders. Warmth spreads down the outside of your legs. You look down, already knowing what you'd see. Vicious cuts crisscross your arms and legs and blood is flowing forth. Miraculously your arteries are still intact, but you're still in a lot of trouble. You swoon and collapse. Blackness rushes in around you, even as the seer turns to shout for help. The last thing you hear before unconsciousness claims you is one word.

"Congratulations."

You awaken to a familiar landscape. You're in the middle of the Elven plain again. You see a few elves out hunting. The sun is high above you. It must be close to midday. This sun seems... Yellower than usual, once again the old sun, Solvarion's physical avatar.

A voice sounds through your mind. "Hello again, young Healer. To stay is to learn the truth, but as you know you may well die. Are you ready this time?"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:27:43 am by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 06, 2014, 01:40:42 pm »

((I suddenly can't remember if I had a character color. I think it was maroon? If not smack me :P))

Yes, I'm ready now.

With his new understanding, Thuun is more then ready to risk his own death. He has seen that Life begets Death and Death begets Life, and if he must die so that others may live, that is what he must do.

((There you go, something to put in your book.

Except YOU CAN'T, BECAUSE LIFE MAGIC DON'T EXIST THERE! :P))

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 06, 2014, 05:25:14 pm »

((honestly, I was waiting for someone else to post an action to see what we were doing right now. But, I guess I'll have to think for myself. scary.))

Go to the shooting range and practice shooting 2-3 arrows in rapid succession. Then try and see if I can use telekinesis to shoot an arrow and make it go where I want it to go. Return to the Inn with the rest of the crew before it gets too late

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 07, 2014, 06:22:28 am »

Harry, BFEL and Pancaek are set! (BFEL, your next action will take up the rest of the time... Honestly, I'm impressed. I didn't expect you to work it out so quickly)

USEC and GWG need to just magically appear and make an action.
Check out my RtD!
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 74