Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: The Court of Colors | Renascence | Town Win  (Read 114419 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: Day 1 has begun | Act I: Prelude
« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2014, 03:49:05 pm »

Makeinu:
But it's a little late in the game (literally) to be bringing general RVS questions to the table. Re-read the thread.
Why are you telling him not to RVS? Last I checked no one really had any scum picks and no one has appeared to be acting scummy. I'd say that now is fine to RVS. I did a similar thing with Jembot and MOWE. Why didn't you have a problem with that?

I'm asking him to be more specific. There's enough out there that there's no reason at this late in the day to be asking general, vague, questions of everyone.

I want to amplify a bit here, as a player, on what I mean.

The general, vague, nature of Jembot's questions strikes me as a post generated by someone who hasn't actually gone through and read the thread before posting. Yet, that's nowhere indicated in his post, that he had not yet caught up on the thread. Quite the contrary, he takes the time to answer Persus' question to him, albeit with the excuse that he "can't quote" because his phone is "fucking up".

His questions aren't targeted, and this late in the game day, that's not scum-hunting. That's borderline active lurking, if not actually over the border.

PPE:

He asked me two questions. The first:

Why such an interest to what I think about scum hunting?

needs no answer, for one, because why the hell wouldn't I have an interest in his scum-hunting? That's what we're here to do! And for two, was already answered by the question I asked him, namely, AGAIN, that he was being lazy in dismissing the first vote in the scenario posited to him.

And his second, I answered as flippantly as he asked it:

Trying to improve your game? ;P
Ha ha, no.

So, where, exactly, is my failure to answer?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2014, 03:56:40 pm »

Why such an interest to what I think about scum hunting?
needs no answer, for one, because why the hell wouldn't I have an interest in his scum-hunting? That's what we're here to do!
It doesn't matter if you think an answer is needed or not, you should have answered it anyway! If the answer to the question is obvious, then why did they ask it?
This answer that you gave me here? Why didn't you say so to begin with? Why was this so hard to get out of you that it took this whole time to hear it? If the answer was "duh" then why didn't you say it? Leaving a question unanswered is unacceptable.

And for two, was already answered by the question I asked him, namely, AGAIN, that he was being lazy in dismissing the first vote in the scenario posited to him.
How does calling someone lazy answer their question?
I'm seriously asking this. Because I fail to see how it does.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 03, 2014, 04:08:11 pm »

QUOTE IT GODDAMN IT MAKEINU!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 03, 2014, 04:10:51 pm »

I think this is it, or at least part of it.

Superblackcat: After a townie lynch, the first and third person to vote for them begin to place accusations on the second, what do you do?
For the second question: I start to become suspicious of all three, but more so of the third person than the second.
Why would you be suspicious of the second person in that scenario, but not the first?
Because scum does not like drawing attention to themselves... Voting first/last draws attention. Sheeping 2nd or 3rd usually draws way less attention, that's why I become suspicious of the 2nd or 3rd.
To my mind, that scenario screams of scum railroading on voter 2. It's a perfect setup scenario, because of thinking like yours here.
The Derail Thread

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 03, 2014, 04:17:59 pm »

Persus:

Given that we were winning a vote on scum with 2 votes, and there were to scums left.. Would you have changed your vote? (especially on LYLO)

That is inherently impossible. Therefore, whoever we voted could NOT have been scum.
True

That's what I'm talking about... you felt safe that town was lynched, thus you stopped focusing on the game as much, and did your school and stuff. But if you weren't pretty sure you were going to win... you would always have this nagging feeling to come back to the thread and check if something changed or not.
THat's not what I meant. I meant that day ended in that game three hours after I left for school, where the firewall prevents access to Bay12.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2014, 04:26:36 pm »

QUOTE IT GODDAMN IT MAKEINU!

Seriously, dude, blood pressure.

If you want me to quote something, ask, specifically. Yelling will get you NOWHERE!!

Nor will this:

Makeinu: please quote?

Quote what? Use quotes? That statement there communicates nothing to me.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2014, 04:31:11 pm »

MOWE- You are Vig, and it is night 1. You have no real reads on anybody. Do you take a shot in the dark, or kill nobody that night?

I assume that means vigilante. If I had absolutely no suspicions, I'd just wait. Two people are going to get killed regardless of what I do and I could gain valuable information from this so that when I do decide to kill, I'd have a better chance of killing scum.

So, Jembot, what was the point of asking someone who has virtually no experience with mafia a question about a role that isn't in this game? Are you trying to appear actively hunting when you've no reason to be?

I know I promised to post my thoughts on everyone today, but my thoughts are becoming a wall of text that I am NOT posting on my phone (which I should mention is my only internet access at home). I'll have internet access on a computer tomorrow and it shall be done ere the setting of the sun.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2014, 04:48:08 pm »

I have no idea what you were talking about... the post before that...

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 03, 2014, 07:21:41 pm »

Why hello there everyone! I've been pretty busy, so in order to make up for that suspicious behavior; you can ask me any question you would like.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 03, 2014, 08:08:00 pm »

Why hello there everyone! I've been pretty busy, so in order to make up for that suspicious behavior; you can ask me any question you would like.
I recommend reading through the thread. There's been plenty of questions for you.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2014, 08:42:45 pm »

makeinu:
Would you like to answer my questions, now?

-snips-
[1]Why didn't you say so to begin with? [2]Why was this so hard to get out of you that it took this whole time to hear it? [also 1]If the answer was "duh" then why didn't you say it? Leaving a question unanswered is unacceptable.
-snippity-
[3]How does calling someone lazy answer their question?
I'm seriously asking this. Because I fail to see how it does.
This is at least the second, maybe third time I've asked [1], and no, saying that "it was obvious that's what was meant" doesn't count, they clearly wanted you to be specific.

Superblackcat:
I have no idea what you were talking about... the post before that...
I think he's been referring to way back about the question of the third and first person who voted for a lynch turn on the second, and your answer in regards to it, but I'm not sure as to the exact part of the argument, as there are now many parts and he won't specify.

Sinlessmoon:
Persus pretty much said it perfectly.
I recommend reading through the thread. There's been plenty of questions for you.
I really hope you try asking some questions of your own, as well. Perhaps after reading through you'd like to list your thoughts on everyone's behavior?

MyOwnWorstEnemy:
I wait with baited breath on that wall of text.
I would also ask that in it, you detail your current reads on everyone.

Jembot:
You are continuing to be rather inactive, would you please explain what has been holding you up?

Nerjin:
May I request that you provide two things for us?
[1] An in-character read on everybody.
[2] An IC assessment on everyone's progress.
The Derail Thread

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 04, 2014, 07:45:23 am »

I'm going to be gone for the next 30 hours out camping, so don't expect me to be posting.

Extend.
Sigtext

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 04, 2014, 03:21:00 pm »

•Sinlessmoon - You're a cop on day 2, the person you examined the night before was the doctor, and they're lurking. Do you try to get them to be more active to keep them alive? How would you go about doing this without starting a bandwagon on them?

I would attempt to get them just a tiny bit active, not so much as to arouse suspicion; but to placate peoples opinions about them.

I haven't seen enough to properly determine someone to lynch so...

Extend.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 04, 2014, 07:00:09 pm »

Alright. Here it is. The Wall o' Text! It's not as thorough as I'd like, but circumstances prevented me from having adequate time to organize my thoughts
Spoiler: Nerjin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: makeinu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jembot (click to show/hide)

Everyone I missed, I'll get to later. My major suspicions are spelled out. Luck has just not been on my side lately... :(
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 04, 2014, 09:27:53 pm »

Dang it, I was really hoping more people would post.

I still await the finishing of your post, MOWE, thanks for what you gave so far, although I can't think of anything to question in what you've given.

Sinlessmoon: I was really hoping for some more participation from you, also please quote when you can, I can see from the dot in the list that you must have copy-pasted my question, but quotes are preferred.
I'm sure that there is much more than just my question that needed your attention, please find those when you can, I'll give you the benefit of a doubt right now and assume you're short on time when you wrote that, but we could really use more participation from you. And that goes for you as well, Jembot.

Extend, we need more time. I was thinking before I joined this that this would be going too fast for me to keep up, I'm quite disappointed.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38