Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169782 times)

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 20 - Beta V0.4 - RAID BOSS!
« Reply #780 on: January 21, 2014, 02:18:10 pm »

Hm. Is there a custom reaction we could build akin to butchering? A workshop where prisoners go in, meat/skin/souls come out?

Edit: Heck, if it could be done, just add the reaction to the torture chamber. "Cannibalize Prisoner" or something.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:21:47 pm by DoX »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #781 on: January 21, 2014, 02:21:54 pm »

Sure. I already do that with the slaughterhouse and megabeasts. I am testing the torturing and rioting atm, but I have to wait 1-2 ingame months every test, to see if they get hungry or not. ^^

I got the basics down btw. Searching for items, tortuing for items, healing them a bit, feeding them... riots are still WTF-going-on, but well. They are kind of pointless anyway, because unarmed idiots vs undead skeletons never stand a chance.

Edit: I am not sure if cannibalize is a verb ^^
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:26:32 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 21, 2014, 02:28:49 pm »

Just FYI, when skeletons arrive on the map they are opposed to life by default which causes a few problems. For one, a fight breaks out sometimes and that leads to loyalty cascade but most of the time when i get a migrant wave without warlocks the skeletons just hang around the edge of the map, and i have to go get them!

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 21, 2014, 02:32:44 pm »

Once-a-millenium reaction to make them controllable for 2 weeks?
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #784 on: January 21, 2014, 02:33:03 pm »

I dont see a problem with that. Its better than opposed to life skeletons that run at your fort. Picking up migrants at the map edge is fine by me.

Loyality cascades I havent seen... only single units that get attack for a bit.
?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 21, 2014, 02:40:24 pm »

Question: how do I install this? Do I have to install Masterwork beforehand? Is it linux compatible?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 21, 2014, 02:41:14 pm »

I dont see a problem with that. Its better than opposed to life skeletons that run at your fort. Picking up migrants at the map edge is fine by me.

Loyality cascades I havent seen... only single units that get attack for a bit.
?
For the skeletons. They arrive, cast the interaction on themselves, you have two weeks to get them in, then they go feral for another 1000 years. I don't think any fort will last that long without getting the skeleton near a warlock.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 21, 2014, 02:47:23 pm »

I guess... but its just a pain in the ass till you get a Pylon that you can pasture, sense Warlocks take so long to go the burows  :(

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 21, 2014, 03:55:35 pm »

Hey, I got my computer up and running again. Do you still want me to run some test towers?
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #789 on: January 21, 2014, 06:00:26 pm »

Question: how do I install this? Do I have to install Masterwork beforehand? Is it linux compatible?
its preinstalled, buts its the WIN version. no idea about linux.

For the skeletons. They arrive, cast the interaction on themselves, you have two weeks to get them in, then they go feral for another 1000 years. I don't think any fort will last that long without getting the skeleton near a warlock.
that makes perfect sense. I will use that. :)

Hey, I got my computer up and running again. Do you still want me to run some test towers?
Yeah, sure. :) I will upload a new test version today, maybe in 1 hour or so. :)

wrightly678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 21, 2014, 06:03:48 pm »

I would say prisoners should be butcher able, if only having to avoid making tombs/ coffins for prisoners.

It just doesn't seem warlocky to me.

Here's where we send skeletons to capture peasants.
Here's where we torture the peasants.
Here's where we cut them up make their skin into books and bones into soilders/weapons.
And here's where we bury they're cartilage So that they rest in peace?

If anything you should WANT to prevent them from resting in peace, to deter invaders.

Wait, Can ghosts be made friendly, so that they're peaceful with your forces and scare/ attack(weakly) invaders

If so I need to find a way to reverse my vote

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #791 on: January 21, 2014, 06:32:56 pm »

I couldnt get them to spawn ghosts anyway, so the question is moot. They will be butcherable pets.

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 21, 2014, 06:45:46 pm »

Hm. Are we really committed to having ghosts? I mean sure, they sound awesome, but isn't there other options?

Wraith pets? New caste for civ members who can be turned into ghosts through a workshop reaction? Ghosts seem like one of those tricky hardcoded issues.

Edit: I don't mean making civ members actual ghosts, just a caste that imitates ghosts and uses their sprite.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 06:47:39 pm by DoX »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #793 on: January 21, 2014, 07:32:29 pm »

I was thinking about the ghosts as a way of making sure you keep your prisoners alive AND that they want to kill you, for torturing them. But since that doesnt work, I have to think of something new.

Warlock castes and civ members and all that have nothing to do with that. :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #794 on: January 21, 2014, 07:44:14 pm »

Dev Log - Day 21

I fixed some bugs. Made 4 workshops and added the dungeon/torture system. Its very rough around the edges, but it works. All info in the pic below. (it was a long day)

Here the next test version: V.05. It has everything that was discussed in it. The still has following test reaction: Cheat (makes a lot of items), Prisoner (makes a free prisoner), Shapechange (a werebeast script test), Weather (a evil weather script test). That should make testing these things a lot easier. ;)

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8351

Please give some reports, ever bit helps. :) I myself mostly mod, and dont play. The last three days I want to do a large tutorial fort, but till then I rely on your feedback. :)

Tomorrow I will continue on the Dungeon System. Add more reactions, add some negative effects when Prisoners die from tortures (maybe poltergeists that attack you), and prison riots, if I manage to code that. I tried today and failed, and I dont want to copy the PlumpHelmetMen behavior. In general a prison riot seems pointless, since the prisoners are unarmed meat-bags that dont stand a chance against a single skeleton anyway. and there is still that Herbalist/Voodoo thing I wanted to do, since 3 days. ^^ Never found the time.

The manual got an entire new section: Industries. (I think its still labled MAGIC in the index, damn, I forgot to change that.) It has some general info on how all things lock together. :)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:19:48 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 110