Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169745 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 21 - Beta V0.5 - Torture Chamber and Prisoners
« Reply #810 on: January 22, 2014, 10:35:15 am »

fricy: Yes. Thats the idea. You dont want slade-throwing warlocks with near-golem grade skeletons attacking you? (or do you? ^^)

I honestly can't answer that. Warlock are/were a PITA so far in their previous incarnation with their AO spells, and they are getting more OP. On the other hand DF can become too easy, and the flavor is welcome. So the answer is: ??

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 22, 2014, 10:37:06 am »

fricy: Yes. Thats the idea. You dont want slade-throwing warlocks with near-golem grade skeletons attacking you? (or do you? ^^)

ChairmanPoo: I dont know. Looks like something dfhack related, since it mentions the SDL.dll.

Hmmm... do I need to do something special with DFhack once it launches? I tende to ignore it..

I tried again, and pressed m in the designation window, then unpressed it. This seemed to avoid the crash, but only my warlocks dig?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 10:45:59 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #812 on: January 22, 2014, 10:39:39 am »

No, dfhack starts automatically. You just downloaded, unpacked into a new folder, and ran the .exe? Nothing else?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 22, 2014, 10:46:15 am »

I tried again, and pressed m in the designation window, then unpressed it. This seemed to avoid the crash, but only my warlocks dig?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 22, 2014, 11:25:41 am »

Trying to force migrants with the emissary just says "The fortress attracted no migrants this season."
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #815 on: January 22, 2014, 11:26:39 am »

Trying to force migrants with the emissary just says "The fortress attracted no migrants this season."
Thats fine. The script just makes the normal "migrant event" happen. If there are none, it cant force any to come.

I am not sure what you are talking about at all.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 22, 2014, 11:33:48 am »

I honestly can't answer that. Warlock are/were a PITA so far in their previous incarnation with their AO spells, and they are getting more OP. On the other hand DF can become too easy, and the flavor is welcome. So the answer is: ??

I always felt warlock sieges were more annoying than dangerous. Oh, the warlocks are here, melee sits this one out. The bola squad is heading in. Seriously, I stopped even forging metal bolas. Just flat out used ironbark and stealoak. Dismembered all of them fast. Sure sometimes I lose a dwarf here and there...but there's plenty more fisherdwarves where that one came from!

Automatons and the drow are what I fear. And due to the former, the allied drow usually turn on me at some point for letting so many of their caravans gets destroyed. Then I'm really in for it. A single drow glaivemaster on a giant vampire bat flew into my fortress once and slaughtered over 30 wardrakes, 50 citizens(novice naked wrestlers), and my military of 10 melee and 10 ranged. Did not survive the following tantrum.

I'd be up for a selectable option to let the new improved warlocks lay waste to your dwarven/orc forts.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 22, 2014, 11:36:11 am »

So, after the normal 2 migrant waves, the emissary's migrant reaction isn't going to be of any use?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #818 on: January 22, 2014, 11:58:53 am »

It would be removed of course. It would make this entire undead race a playable-only thing, and other civs wouldnt get to see it. Honestly, I have no idea how a siege of these guys would even look.

I guess short worldgens would have them, since they take some time to die out.

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 22, 2014, 01:10:07 pm »

Thanks for clarrifing the migration situation.  I didn't notice it stopped after that second wave.

Honestly I think ghoul speed is fine after thinking about it more. It was those damn owls and raccoons that were my first wildlife that drove me crazy for their souls. The rest like deer, can evade for awhile but eventually get surrounded. Makes for good drama.

Can we get "make Ironbone anvil" at the corrupted forge?  Seems fitting to avoid dwarf metals for bone metals and glass metals.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #820 on: January 22, 2014, 01:33:30 pm »

I added [ITEMS_ANVIL] to the three warlock metals. You can embark with ironbone, bloodsteel or dreadnought anvils now. Or make your own at the Metalsmiths Forge. (just like any other item/anvil)

And good news: I found a nice solution for the spawned skeletons that cant join the army: I gave skeletons level 15 in bonecarving. This means they spawn, you can make some masterwork bone items, and let them join the army. :)

I also gave them 1% skill learn rate in all their skills. Somehow they dont take on their profession sprites, if I add the skill points with scripts, so they always looked like miners.

All this means that bone armor and weapons suddenly make more sense (because you get masterworks, which are better than normal gear), that you can empty out that massive refuse pile a lot quicker, and that you can have build skeletons join the army. :)

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 22, 2014, 02:31:21 pm »

Oo, I like it. Also, the ability to make a ton of masterwork items out of a readily available resource means your fortress wealth is going to skyrocket early. That means ambushes, sieges, and megabeasts earlier and more frequently! SOULS A PLENTY!

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #822 on: January 22, 2014, 02:59:24 pm »

Sounds good!

Also, I'd suggest first finding out what a siege of warlocks would look like before saying out of hand that their civ should die out early.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #823 on: January 22, 2014, 03:02:24 pm »

Its not about that. Its because the warlocks playstyle is based on getting no migrants. I can only stop that if the civ is dead. (or the pop-limit is very low)

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 22, 2014, 03:04:55 pm »

For flavor purposes, I don't suppose it'd be possible to set up decorations with "instruments", would it? With Dwarf forts, I like to set up armorstands everywhere in the hallways, just for the fortressy feel; I'm just a tad disappointed that I can't do that with Iron maidens in my current Tower/Dungeon.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 110