Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169731 times)

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1275 on: February 24, 2014, 06:13:09 pm »

Heal them up to the point they can move then heal em in the workshop? A Crutch or two should allow them to move, but i guess it depends on the injury.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: February 27, 2014, 09:11:52 am »

Any chance we can get an ETA for the next update? Or at least a bugfix for the warlocks?

EDIT: Or at least give us a way to fix the "friendly" undead issue.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:22:08 am by Jaso11111 »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: February 27, 2014, 09:50:41 am »

Gotta say, I love the zombies you can make at the tier II necromantic workshop. They're so easy to make and if you know what you're doing you can lock them away and unleash them as a flood on invaders or let them roam free and hunt random animals.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: February 27, 2014, 11:04:16 am »

I think I did it....I did it?!?......OMFG I FINALLY DID IT!!!!

THIS is the cause of derp undead

in "creature_warlock_civ"
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MAKE_VAMPIRE]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:50]
[CDI:FREE_ACTION]

Remove it and BAM I get my good old restless murder machine undead back. 8)

PS. I use this website to compare the raws : http://www.diffnow.com/ (this is real life-saving  :D)

I already fix the undead. With a downside of them hostile to your pet and pylon as well, well seem like you can't win it all :P

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: February 27, 2014, 12:06:51 pm »

Remove it and BAM I get my good old restless murder machine undead back. 8)

PS. I use this website to compare the raws : http://www.diffnow.com/ (this is real life-saving  :D)

I already fix the undead. With a downside of them hostile to your pet and pylon as well, well seem like you can't win it all :P
Well them been hostile to my "pets" is a bit of big downside.

hiphop38

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: February 27, 2014, 04:51:54 pm »

I am unable to make bonesaws, Idk why but the option is just not there, not in the forge nor the manager menu. Idk if there is something wrong with the raws or something. I dug through them a bit and found the data for the bonesaw but i am not sure if the making of the bonesaw is elsewhere in the raws. has anyone had a similar issue?

Dwarf-Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: February 27, 2014, 05:13:14 pm »

maybe nothing new i cannot bother read the hole tread.

- minions are sometimes butcher able and sometimes not. Is it a feature ? how does it work ?
- ghoul butchers are trying to butcher partial skeletons  again and again.
- the therapist does not show the atribute upgrades by the soul siphon of Ghouls and Warlocks, but the upgrades seem to work ingame.
- a ghoul has become a "lasher cryptlord" during training. This is a bit confusing as cryptlord is a noble typename.
- a old corpse from the graveyard gave 45 bones after butchering. not sure but it seems to be too much.
- hornet workers/drownes(strong, quite unreachable flyers) are there all the time in 3 fortresses in a row. Is this random or made this way for balance reasons ?

@Hiphop38:  the metalsmith forge and crafter has bonesaw.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:14:54 pm by Dwarf-Zero »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: February 27, 2014, 05:46:00 pm »

maybe nothing new i cannot bother read the hole tread.

1 minions are sometimes butcher able and sometimes not. Is it a feature ? how does it work ?
2 ghoul butchers are trying to butcher partial skeletons  again and again.
3 the therapist does not show the atribute upgrades by the soul siphon of Ghouls and Warlocks, but the upgrades seem to work ingame.
4 a ghoul has become a "lasher cryptlord" during training. This is a bit confusing as cryptlord is a noble typename.
5 a old corpse from the graveyard gave 45 bones after butchering. not sure but it seems to be too much.
6 hornet workers/drownes(strong, quite unreachable flyers) are there all the time in 3 fortresses in a row. Is this random or made this way for balance reasons ?

1- Minions have to be butchered manually. You need to select them with "v" and then mark them for slaughter. They don't show up on the animals screen because of a kink in the script which summons them.
2- That's been reported quite a lot. Hopefully will be fixed in the next version. Just forbid them for now.
3- I think that's because the attribute gain is caused by a syndrome and not direct increase of stats? I don't use therapist that much.
4- Haven't noticed this as I give soldiers custom profession titles.
5- Thats pretty balanced as even a legendary necromancer can't produce them with any consistency since the reaction doesn't work on repeat. Plus its a ridiculously low chance ~6% to get one. Considering how reliant Warlocks are on bones and the fact that they can't farm domestic animals means that the old corpses are a nice safe choice for bones when you're under siege. I'd say that 45 bones is fine.
6- I've lost A LOT of forts to those, forest spiders and dragon raptors before they were removed. I normally just slayrace them if they appear in the first year. I don't think of it as being cheaty because those things are pretty over-powered if they strike early. Once you have a door and a roof, you're usually fine.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:00:43 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: February 27, 2014, 05:54:21 pm »

Except undead giant hornets who make no fuss amongst your workers and casually trash everything that isn't a proper construction without you noticing.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: February 27, 2014, 06:02:11 pm »

Except undead giant hornets who make no fuss amongst your workers and casually trash everything that isn't a proper construction without you noticing.
Oh, didn't know they were building destroyer level 2. I've seen them smash doors, but those were made of wood. That complicates matters

Finally got into the warlock magic system. Trying to teach everyone the fireball spell so I can have magic artillery. So far its just the herbalist who knows it and that's it. Tried to teach fireball to the Overlord, but that failed for some reason. The portals aren't working and examination of the combat log tell me that when I had my sorcerer try to teleport all nearby units from red to blue that he was teleporting them from blue to red. Either the reactions are mixed up or the messages are. There's also an rather hefty DFhack errorlog that says something about portals.lua not being found or not working. Is there any way to print out or copy the DFhack errorlog? Also, the torture chamber doesn't usually do more then bruise my victims. They still drop info though. The execution chamber makes them explode in a rather satisfying matter though.
Spooky Signature

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: February 27, 2014, 06:15:53 pm »

Oh, didn't know they were building destroyer level 2. I've seen them smash doors, but those were made of wood. That complicates matters

I've had them fly in, trash several graveyards in my walled up topside area, then proceed to break the hatches down (made of diorite,) wreck the workshops (also made from diorite, scattering bones/hourglasses everywhere,) and then fly back and forth as if they had a brain fart and keep forgetting what else they wanna wreck.

Tis indeed just a slight inconvenience, as a group of about 6-8 ghousl without weapons can rip them to pieces quite handily. Bit harder to make them stay down though in resurrecting biomes.

- a ghoul has become a "lasher cryptlord" during training. This is a bit confusing as cryptlord is a noble typename.

Weapon Cryptlords are the warlock civ equivalent to a Blademaster, Elite Marksman, Axelord, what have you. Is a little confusing at a glance though.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: February 27, 2014, 07:18:18 pm »

I've found a workaround for the skeleton's leaving the military problem. As long as you have a crypt lord or other military commander around, you can re-add them by selecting the ex-military skeleton with "V", the going to preferences and adding them to the squad that way. But the problem is that the noble position of crypt lord suffers the same problem and can't be re-filled by the same skeleton. So you just put skeletons under the command of either your Overlord or your Ghoul Master and re-add them whenever you hear the message "Shambling Skeleton Soldier has become a miner" to get around the bug.

EDIT: Also, my overlord is beating the crap out of my poor skeleton trainees with his warlock staff. I guess those stat gains from being overlord go a long way.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 07:20:34 pm by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: February 27, 2014, 11:41:14 pm »

I'm just a dabbling rawcrafter but this may also be the reason why any form of reproduction in tamed animals can not occur.
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: February 28, 2014, 09:37:10 pm »

So Im having a problem with sentients souls rotting away "un-phylactoried" or used in any way so I did a bit of investigating and it turns out the reactions dont have a way to use them. Im not sure if there are plans to have specific goblin, elf, drow, or dwarf soul reactions ie sacrifices or spells but if so then i was going to write some specific reactions so that they stay different from each other in the soul syphon.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: February 28, 2014, 10:09:25 pm »

So Im having a problem with sentients souls rotting away "un-phylactoried" or used in any way so I did a bit of investigating and it turns out the reactions dont have a way to use them. Im not sure if there are plans to have specific goblin, elf, drow, or dwarf soul reactions ie sacrifices or spells but if so then i was going to write some specific reactions so that they stay different from each other in the soul syphon.

I just use the invader souls in the demonic attorney building. It accepts them fine. Kill 10 goblins and get a hellhound. Bargains all week long.
Spooky Signature
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 110