Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 98422 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2015, 09:21:45 pm »

Oh Erika. Her and that tiny sword. She really does sort of just poke em to death.
"Stab... and stab... another stab... oh my critical hit? SUPER STAB."
Yeah, Lyn wins hands down. Seriously, she moves so fast she makes illusory clones. That is amazing.

Truth be told, I kind of miss the crazy animations from the older games. Awakening and the like really toned down the badassery.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2015, 11:53:51 pm »

Oh Erika. Her and that tiny sword. She really does sort of just poke em to death.
"Stab... and stab... another stab... oh my critical hit? SUPER STAB."
Yeah, Lyn wins hands down. Seriously, she moves so fast she makes illusory clones. That is amazing.

Truth be told, I kind of miss the crazy animations from the older games. Awakening and the like really toned down the badassery.

Yeah, with probably the most flashy animation being Dread Fighter's "Super fast leap thingy that looks like they turn invisible if you don't have the camera zoomed out" or the Hero's "spinning leapy sword thing" attack.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2015, 12:50:07 am »

You forgot the Spinning Fighter technique. The Knight line's shield sled is kind of funny, too. Especially with Lethality. (OH CRAP MY LEGS OW I'M FALLING WHY AM I BLEEDING SO MUCH i ded)

My favorite animation so far (me being the filthy 2D game-less scrub I am) has probably been the FE9 Aether animation.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2015, 05:34:23 pm »

SMTXFIRE EMBLEM IS FINALLY HERE. ITS SO ANIME

ALSO FIRE EMBLEM IF INFO

MC AVATAR. HOSHIDO ROYAL FAMILY MEMBER RAISED BY THE ROYAL FAMILY OF NOHR.

YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE YOUR ALLEGIANCE

HOSHIDO SIDE IS MORE TRADITIONAL STORY. NOHR IS MORE COMPLEX STORY AS YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE COUNTRY BETTER FROM WITHIN
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:32:53 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2015, 05:54:39 pm »

I'm not happy about the main character being the avatar, but everything else looks interesting. Multiple routes are pretty cool if done right, and the people behind Fire Emblem should be able to pull it off.

We still don't know whether flashy criticals are returning, though.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2015, 06:05:18 pm »

We still don't know whether flashy criticals are returning, though.
The everything in that looked pretty flashy to me. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2015, 06:33:30 pm »

Alarmingly the Japanese direct advertised the FE:IF Routes as two seperate games with a limited edition containing both, while the American one had them as one.
It's FEF, not FEOF

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2015, 07:23:53 pm »

The thread on Spacebattles said there's 3 scenarios for the Japanese release. I think it goes like main game Hoshido/Nohr, then upgrade to get the other scenario then there's a 3rd one.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2015, 07:26:24 pm »

What I've been hearing is the Japanese version split the routes into two separate games, with a limited edition containing both. However the American one just advertised a single game, so I think ours isn't split since splits don't do as well here as in the Japanese market

EDIT: I just reposted what I just said. I need to keep track of my posts better.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 07:32:37 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2015, 07:29:45 pm »

I mentioned this to spacebattles as well but the xover game looks more like a Persona xover to me.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2015, 03:51:11 pm »

I mentioned this to spacebattles as well but the xover game looks more like a Persona xover to me.
That's really perceptive.  "SMT x Fire Emblem" was apparently just a working title for what is now known to be named "Genei Ibunroku #FE".  In other words, it's an spin-off game in the same vein as Persona and Devil Survivor (Megami Ibunroku).  For some reason, the title isn't in the English Nintendo channel Furt linked (probably because the English brand for all of the games is entirely under the SMT title, rather than being divided up by spin-offs versus core), but it's here at the very end of the trailer here on this Nintendo channel.  In other words, you're almost certainly right, from what we know so far.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 03:55:49 pm by Culise »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2015, 03:56:31 pm »

I'm not happy about the main character being the avatar

I like it when I am the "Strategist" and I sometimes appear on map only to be scooted inside a tent when anything remotely dangerous happens. It is actually kind of funny.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2015, 04:04:20 pm »

I'm not happy about the main character being the avatar

I like it when I am the "Strategist" and I sometimes appear on map only to be scooted inside a tent when anything remotely dangerous happens. It is actually kind of funny.
I kinda liked it too. (Though I liked having a free mage at the start of Awakening too...)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2015, 05:11:29 pm »

I like to think that the strategist/tactician is the kind of leader that isn't afraid to go out and be a part of the fight themselves. And when you think about it that makes more sense, anyway - how the heck are you supposed to properly command your party from some remote tent?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2015, 05:17:35 pm »

how the heck are you supposed to properly command your party from some remote tent?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 70