Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 97707 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2015, 08:55:21 am »

We've had a dragon disguised as a dancer, I'm pretty sure we can have ninja disguised as maids :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2015, 02:52:38 pm »

So they're more like ninja maids then? Spies and agents pretending to be servants to stay close to their masters/targets? Or at least that's how I'm rationalizing them, even if the fetish thing is probably the real reason they're in the game.
Wait, actually, that reminds me.
...MORE COMPLEX STORY AS YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE COUNTRY BETTER FROM WITHIN
I smell stealth missions... involving maids...
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2015, 07:13:15 pm »

So they're more like ninja maids then? Spies and agents pretending to be servants to stay close to their masters/targets? Or at least that's how I'm rationalizing them, even if the fetish thing is probably the real reason they're in the game.
Yeah, probably the fetish thing.  At least they tried to be subtle with Cherche by giving her a regular class.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2015, 01:20:26 am »

Leaving the silly maid stuff aside for a moment...am I the only one who will probably just stick to Iron weapons throughout the entire game? All of the other varieties listed have such ridiculous downsides that I'm not sure they'd be worth it.

Bronze weapons in particular. No crits?! The hell?!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2015, 03:20:06 am »

Eh, bronze weapons were in Radiant Dawn as well and they weren't that bad there (actually the -10 to enemy critical hit chance/skill use is a nice buff). I could see carrying one around to deal with bosses or something similar just to prevent those oh so annoying OHKO crits and skill triggers that force mission restarts. More of a situational thing than an everyday weapon.

I could also see uses for the other types as well. Stick a steel weapon on a heavy unit and it's basically just free damage, since their chance of a dodge or attacking twice is pretty low anyways. (Alternatively stick it on a very fast unit, since a -5 penalty to evasion isn't that much for them and they can absorb a -3 penalty to their speed for a dual attack with no problem). Similarly a silver sword could easily be something you stick on a finisher character, that bonus damage could be really nice and most swordsmaster-esque units are fast enough that their enemies don't have that good of a chance of criting them before hand. (And who attacks every single turn with a character like that anyways? :P) Similarly a brave weapon could be great on an archer, since most times they shouldn't be being counterattacked anyways, or on a very heavy damage dealer who you rely on just killing the enemy in their two hits before they ever get hit back in return.

Sure, I'd probably stick iron on the majority of characters, but there are definitely some nice strategic usages for the other weapon types (all the knights+paladins with steel, archer's with brave weapons, a myrmidon or two with a silver weapon, one guy with bronze to deal with the boss, and everyone else with iron). Honestly I'm waiting to see if they are going to change the damage strength of some of the higher class weapons (silver, etc.) as well to make up for the fact that they never break now, which used to be one of their major balancing factors.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:06:19 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2015, 10:13:35 am »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Jarvis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 01, 2015, 02:26:41 pm »

Who will you be siding with in Fire Emblem If?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2015, 02:35:15 pm »

Is that Uncle Phil?  I'll side with Uncle Phil.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2015, 05:49:55 pm »

-snip-
...Welcome to Bay12?

Edit: Actually, it seems weird for somebody's first post to be in Other Games, but is it actually common?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2015, 06:06:44 pm »

Usually if someone's first post is in OG its a new thread. Complaints are involved.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2015, 08:40:55 pm »

-snop-

Somehow I find myself snickering more than should be warranted.

E: Also, welcome to Bay12!
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Jarvis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2015, 01:24:50 am »

Thanks for the welcome. I wasn't really sure if there was a place for first posters to go.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2015, 06:06:39 am »

Thanks for the welcome. I wasn't really sure if there was a place for first posters to go.

We've had a couple introduction threads but they never got a sticky so they just tend to die before doing anything productive. People are just surprised because most posters tend to start in the upper forums before sinking into the deep dark depths of the lower forums.

Also ptw.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Jarvis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2015, 12:15:55 am »

A translation of some of the Fire Emblem If scans just dropped.
https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2015/06/03/fire-emblem-if-famitsu-scan-translations-all-60415/
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 70