Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 98427 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Fates is out!
« Reply #240 on: February 20, 2016, 10:56:55 am »

[sweats] yeah ahaha
Black lives matter.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2016, 10:58:26 am »

Are you sure you aren't just annoyed about the character and got them killed on purpose?

I didn't bring him into the mission just to kill him, he was only a baby! Fresh outta the cradle, he still had the new baby smell and everything! Oh no, I'm a murderer! A MURDERER! I need to build a prison in my town and then place myself into it!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 20, 2016, 11:01:20 am »

fresh out of the Baby VortexTM
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 20, 2016, 11:32:39 am »

[sweats] yeah ahaha

Don't tell me you're into such disgusting things like hand holding, SB. Surely not!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 20, 2016, 11:35:52 am »

[sweats]
Black lives matter.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 20, 2016, 01:10:50 pm »

So what's the deal with the multiple versions?  Is it blatant cash grab fuckery or something actually meaningful?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 20, 2016, 01:12:29 pm »

It's not Pokémon. Each version is a different story, with different characters and different maps. They're different games, pretty much, that share some characters and underlying mechanics.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 20, 2016, 01:20:07 pm »

Marketing didn't do a very good job of emphasizing that they are two different games that just so happen to meet up to become a third entirely different game if you buy the third route, with all of the content for each of them taking up so much room that there's not really enough of it on the carts to put them together in the first place. I have a bad feeling that the "Ugh, cashgrab" assumption is going to kill a few of their sales.

In other news, despite being a fire emblem fan for years, I am currently unable to pick up a copy, and will probably be very behind the curb.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 20, 2016, 01:21:26 pm »

Also according to an Iwata asks, they put too much stuff into My Castle, so its more like 3+ games total if thats actually the case.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 20, 2016, 01:47:45 pm »

Aw yeah, I'm so pumped up! Conquest ch10 classic hard mode, first try, no deaths. That had me sweating like a pig there for a while, that was some intense strategizing right there, goddamn. I was so tensed up, it was such a close fight, feeling really proud of myself here.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 20, 2016, 01:59:12 pm »

It's almost as if you're complaining about a non-critical gameplay element.

It's almost as if I'm a shitposter, and shitposting is what I do. Oh wait, I am a shitposter -- the only thing I use the internet for is to complain about video games (and look at pictures of cats.)
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 20, 2016, 02:15:05 pm »

So as it turns out the medium-size town I live near has some kind of insatiable appetite for Fire Emblem, as the GameStop there was sold out of both games by 1 PM.

Luckily, I managed to snag download codes. After picking up a 16-gig SD card, since there was no way in hell my 8-gig would cut it, I think I'm ready to roll. I'll just pick up both games tomorrow morning when downloading them won't eat my bandwidth. Which one do you guys think I should play first?
I've accepted the ultimate shame of FE fans everywhere: having a character die and then not reloading the save, just letting them die.
I did that with Aran in Radiant Dawn. Rolf shot him in the face on 3-13, but I was like "hell with that" because I'd been sitting there for an hour and a half watching Nolan and Zihark mow down armies of nameless, faceless cats and birds and Aran was still like level 9, unpromoted
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 20, 2016, 02:16:10 pm »

Birthright first, since it's easier so that you can get used to the changed weapon triangle, and the conquest.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 20, 2016, 02:16:48 pm »

Play both first, of course :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 20, 2016, 02:35:29 pm »

Birthright first, since it's easier so that you can get used to the changed weapon triangle, and the conquest.
what did they do to my precious weapon triangle

Or are you referring to the removal of weapon uses?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 70