Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 97732 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for new game annoucements!
« Reply #960 on: February 03, 2017, 11:27:10 am »

Its good for a mobile.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 03, 2017, 11:57:00 am »

I feel kinda bad, because both of my summoning sessions gave me 5 star Marths.

Overall, it doesn't feel strategic enough to me, which is probably caused by the small maps/move ranges/4-unit limit. It's decent, but doesn't give me enough reason not to just emulate one of the earlier games.

On the semi-unrelated topic of map sizes, this should say enough about FE4's

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 03, 2017, 07:18:56 pm »

On the semi-unrelated topic of map sizes, this should say enough about FE4's

Right when I thought that I had run out of reasons to tongue-bathe FE4, another one pops up. It was actually a little joy to look real long and hard at that map and trace the player's route through the game, especially since it makes a closed loop, with the starting location and the ending location being the same, but it is very hard to recognize because you approach it from wildly different perspectives. But yeah, that's seriously cool, it's too bad that pretty much every other game had maps that were tiny and largely incongruent.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 10, 2017, 01:31:41 pm »

New Fire Emblem Echoes trailer.

I'm feeling pretty hyped. I like the new cutscene direction, it appears that Fog of War will return for the dungeons (which have hopefully been redesigned), and the scene where Alm and Celica have a chat with one another is a lot more dramatic now that it's not being conveyed through Famicom spritework.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 12, 2017, 09:34:03 pm »

Man... everything cool in Fire Emblem happened in the past...

"A long time ago there was a really awesome event that was really cool in fact too cool to EVER make a game based off of. Instead you shall play the community theater version where people kind of sort of relate to those events"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 12, 2017, 11:18:18 pm »

>grima's entire everything
>not cool

You ride a dragon big enough to fight an entire battle on, Neon
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 13, 2017, 12:04:09 am »

He's got a point, though. What about Anri's first sealing of the dark dragon? The heroes of Magvel coming together to defeat the Demon King's forces? The "war of a dragon and a man", as eloquently described in FE7's original opening? The twelve crusaders who were mostly named after Norse gods for some reason?

It's really just the stereotypical plot device about great evil awakening a second time. A lot of fantasy media uses it--LotR has Sauron's return, ASOIAF has the return of the Others... there's just something authors seem to find more attractive about defeating an enemy who has come back than battling a new enemy, or an endemic enemy who never left. Perhaps one of Fates' problems is the fact that it sets itself up as the latter, which would be a new direction for the franchise, but turns out to be the former, which every other game in the series boils down to.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 14, 2017, 09:31:20 am »

>not cool

Never mind the very-glossed-over fact that the entire fight is one dragon barrel roll from being over instantly.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 14, 2017, 10:46:58 pm »

>not cool

Never mind the very-glossed-over fact that the entire fight is one dragon barrel roll from being over instantly.

Except that the Hierophant is also on Grima's back, and is the thing keeping Grima alive? If Grima barrel rolled, the Hierophant would fall right off too, and down goes Grima.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!
« Reply #969 on: March 18, 2017, 08:42:57 pm »

I thought you guys might like this hilarious commercial that mostly has nothing to do with Fire Emblem whatsoever. The drums of war are beating!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 19, 2017, 06:14:14 pm »

Sorry for the doublepost, but a quick Archanea lore question in case any of you know: prior to Awakening, do we have any idea who lived in the unmarked space northeast of Orleans? I'm currently trying to see if I'm capable of hacking together a Fire Emblem mod for CKII, and I need to know how to incorporate that area in the planned Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem starts. If there's no official statements on the matter, I'm assuming it's where the "barbarians" who founded Regna Ferox come from and working from there.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 19, 2017, 11:31:45 pm »

I thought you guys might like this hilarious commercial that mostly has nothing to do with Fire Emblem whatsoever. The drums of war are beating!
Oh Naga, send help. That commercial miss the mark so hard it's actually kind of impressive.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 20, 2017, 05:17:34 pm »

Oh Naga, send help. That commercial miss the mark so hard it's actually kind of impressive.
I don't know what's funnier, the complete clash with the game's message or the fact that Dorcas Dorkass is an apparently widely-hated balding nobleman.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 20, 2017, 07:29:11 pm »

I don't know what's funnier, the complete clash with the game's message or the fact that Dorcas Dorkass is an apparently widely-hated balding nobleman.

But to be fair... I'd TOTALLY play the Fire Emblem that was based on that commercial... In fact it is way more interesting than the typical Fire Emblem.

Heck when was the last time in Fire Emblem where you had a clear traitor in your mists and had to decide whether to quietly assassinate them or not?
(And lets face it... if you did kill them... Abject silliness is the typical Fire Emblem reaction as the series becomes more and more anime)

DANG IT COMMERCIAL! Now I totally want that commercial as a Fire Emblem game. Funny characters (who aren't transparent anime tropes), non-children (who matter), legitimate non-incestuous intrigue... and like... a legitimate medieval setting.

Yeah it sounds like I piss on Fire Emblem... I don't dislike the series.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:48:31 pm by Neonivek »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 20, 2017, 08:33:09 pm »

Genealogy of the Holy War.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 70