Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317299 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2014, 03:10:05 pm »

What do you say?

Sigh.  I really want to accept, I really do.  I prefer team games.  But I know firsthand how dangerous a teammate can be, and really, how useful are you to me in the next few turns, if you live?  You might make some chitin arm/neck guards?  That's only useful if my enemies get bladed weapons, of which I have the only one.  And another dex point guarantees a +3, which would make it nigh impossible to touch/disarm me.

Sorry, you should have accepted the agreement I gave before the game started.  :\

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2014, 06:41:02 pm »

I need TCM's action to begin the Portal Room part of the turn.

Also, I'm always open to hear theories about the "book".

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2014, 06:53:27 pm »

Stand up, eat the Golden Knight's face, and then kick him in the knees.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2014, 07:05:53 pm »

Biting mechanics, that's definitely something that not many GMs think of. Sadly, judging by the time it is, the update will arrive tomorrow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2014, 08:24:02 pm »

Who is this Golden Knight? Is he someone we can team up against?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2014, 11:34:45 pm »

It's the new title bestowed to you upon your face being eaten and your muscle and bone underneath taking on a yellow hue from the phosphorous.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2014, 11:40:18 pm »

It's the new title bestowed to you upon your face being eaten and your muscle and bone underneath taking on a yellow hue from the phosphorous.
1. Where would you get the phosphorous?
2. So...you're attacking my future self, which only exists after you attack me? I'm fine with that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2014, 11:43:24 pm »

1. Where would you get the phosphorous?
2. So...you're attacking my future self, which only exists after you attack me? I'm fine with that.

1. Magic.
2. Magic.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2014, 11:44:34 pm »

1: You aren't using magic
1.5: You idiot.
2. Nobody damages MY MEATSHIELD- wait
3. FACE MY ARCANE WRATH!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2014, 11:51:53 pm »

3. FACE MY ARCANE WRATH!

1. So?
1.5. Yo momma.
2. Yeh boi.
3. I fear my doom as you launch balloons and ketchup packets at me during the following turn.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2014, 12:14:09 am »

3. FACE MY ARCANE WRATH!
1. So?
1.5. Yo momma.
2. Yeh boi.
3. I fear my doom as you launch balloons and ketchup packets at me during the following turn.
I find your counterarguments amusing.
I'm still chucking a chitin head at your face, though.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2014, 01:01:20 am »

What do you say?

Sigh.  I really want to accept, I really do.  I prefer team games.  But I know firsthand how dangerous a teammate can be, and really, how useful are you to me in the next few turns, if you live?  You might make some chitin arm/neck guards?  That's only useful if my enemies get bladed weapons, of which I have the only one.  And another dex point guarantees a +3, which would make it nigh impossible to touch/disarm me.

Sorry, you should have accepted the agreement I gave before the game started.  :\
I see your foresight is limited to approx 3 turns. Mine is not.

Ok. Your mistake.

Good luck. :D
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2014, 07:35:04 am »

Turn 003

Zentol smiles serenely at Bigf001t, then simply says "Tealtael".
Throat slashing for the throat slashing god!

Le sigh... ill take the word.

-Snip- Yes, again.

[Zentol Spd:6-1=5]
[Pariah Spd:2-1=1]
[Bigf01t Spd:1-1=0] ((That's just too much bad luck))

Zentol now is calmer. One of his victims is already in agony, the other is likely going to suffer the same fate in an instant.

[Zentol Dex:1+3=4]
[Bigf01t Dex:2]

[Zentol Str:3]

Zentol spins around with his shield and slashes at Bigf01t's throat, managing to cut it a little bit. Some blood begins to pour out from it, but luckily not much like Pariah's one.

[Bleeding I]

Pariah then realizes that he is going to die. But he can take that mother****** with him to hell as well. Yeah. He prepares to unleash the unstoppable forces of magic upon that freak.

[Pariah Pot:5+1=6]

A golden line appears and quickly assembles itself into a huge lion. And it moves towards Zentol.

He is surprised, so surprised that his grin becomes a timid smile. The lion jumps in an attempt to bite him, and it succeeds, if going through him could be called a success, at least it didn't miss. The lion then roars, with no sound coming out of his mouth, then fades away.

Bigf01t uses this opportunity to run to the Portal room, taking with him some pieces of chitin and cloth from his failed crafting attempt. It appears that something is happening here too.

Pariah runs out of oxygen, managing to pronounce some sounds that translated from "Choking" to "English" would be something like "Crap".His body goes limp, the blood coming out of it drying before reaching the moat. A white smoke begins to come out of his chest. It slowly floats towards Zentol, forming a curve line of gas on its way there. It then introduces itself in Zentol's chest, with the eldritch psychopath feeling its power. Yes, he likes it. He wants more.

Pariah is dead. Zentol gains one stat point.

Smash the attacker's head with my boot! Or just tackle him, if he gets up before I can do anything to him.

Run over and grab my chitin head, and throw it at Mako!

Point at Mako again. SCIENCE FOR THE SCIENCE GOD!

PM sent.

[DK Spd:5]
[Cromwell Spd:6]
[Mako Spd:5-=3]
[Derm Spd:2]
[Flimsy Spd:3-1=2]

Cromwell goes and grabs hit chitin head. It has been cracked a little because of the impact with the floor, but it is usable, Cromwell thinks. He runs to the Portal Room and tries to hurl it at Mako:

[Cromwell Dex:5]
[Mako Dex:2+1-1=2]

Mako was too busy planning how to rip The Dragon Knight's face to shreds with his teeth to be able to predict a tall fellow hurling a human head made of pure chitin to him. The unusual head impacted on his right leg and broke into tiny bits, causing some cuts and a bit of pain.

[Bleeding I]

The Dragon Knight used this opportunity to attempt to introduce his foot to Mako's face.

[DK Dex:1]
[Mako Dex:2+1-1-1=1]

Both of them just stared at each other, instead of doing anything. Mako, because he was in a really bad situation, while the Dragon's Knight motives were unknown. Maybe he showed mercy?

[Flimsy end:3-1=2]

The Flimsy Wizard attempted to cast a spell, but AHHH THE TERRIBLE HEADACHE, he couldn't concentrate enough.

Derm, meanwhile, decided to use Mako as his laboratory rat, he pointed at him and begun his magic experiment:

[Derm Pot:3]
A golden line appeared and made a drawing of a baby seal out of itself. Isn't it cute?

[Derm Pot:5]
Another golden line appeared and begun going around an invisible point in a circular fashion, until the sight of a perfect sphere was created.

[Derm Pot:2]
A bit of dirt apeared and fell to the ground.

[Derm Pot:3]
Nothing happens.

[Derm Pot:5]
Another golden line appeared, this time forming a prism out of itself.

And that was more useless but probably more informative magic there!

The Flimsy Wizard slowly felt that some of the pain was receding.

[Pain II] ((Head-> Magic rolls))

Thrakor appears in the center of the Grand Room! He arrives just in time to see Cromwell running around with his chitin human head before going to the Portal Room. Yep, this is not a conventional place.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2014, 08:37:58 am »

Why.
What in a pit of malevolence could I have possibly done to piss of the RNG thus.
Well, as per my MASTER PLAN... I'm not dead. Yippee. Not bad for a ZERO speed roll.

Begin plan: Continuing to not die despite VERY unhappy gods.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:52:13 am by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2014, 08:42:35 am »

Oh, forgot to say:

Bleeding effects don't go out on their own, like pain. You have to stop them.

Why.
What in a pit of malevolence could I have possibly done to piss of the RNG thus.
Well, as per my MASTER PLAN... I'm not dead. Yippe. Not bad for a ZERO speed roll.

PM Turn, just in case SOMEONE is listening. Begin plan: Continuing to not die despite VERY unhappy gods.
I actually should have left you in the west hallway, but I figured out that it was not really important, you were going to the portal in the next turn anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 197