Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 318004 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #345 on: February 01, 2014, 07:48:22 pm »

Shouldn't I have 2 pool now, not 1?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 02, 2014, 06:46:13 am »

Damn, I thought that word was obviously something else. How did I mess that up?
@Derm, enjoy your prize!

Magical science, or something. Who knows!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 02, 2014, 06:57:28 am »

PM sent.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 04, 2014, 06:20:26 am »

Y'know, my game of Perplexicon pretty much died because half the players went inactive after I took a week long break.  I'd rather that not happen here, so BUMP.

Thanks, but I was going to do that on my own.

So, we lack the actions from:
-Icefire (he hasn't been active, I will contact anothe player from the waitlist)
-Rolepgeek (I will PM him)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 04, 2014, 07:28:57 am »

respawn in 3...2...1...

Actions!
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 04, 2014, 11:13:17 am »

Science.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 04, 2014, 09:39:57 pm »

!!SCIENCE!!

Sorry I took so long, after the hiatus I forgot to keep checking :P. If I'm still in then there's my turn; otherwise just add me back to the waitlist.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 05, 2014, 10:11:29 am »

Turn 014

One point to Str and one to Pot.

"Heh. Okay everyone, back to the portal room! We've got SCIENCE to do!"

Head to the portal room!

Damn, I thought that word was obviously something else. How did I mess that up?
@Derm, enjoy your prize!

Magical science, or something. Who knows!

Quote from: Elephant Parade
PM

The group of wizards on one side of the gap moves to the Portal Room, with Derm taking the initiative. As soon as they enter the room, they see one of those cylindrical constructions come out of a wall, just phasing through it, and heading to the bridge.

While Derm just relaxes, hoping for his magical attributes to come back to him, the other two mages begin to do some science.

Bigf01t thinks of a diamond morningstar. He is sure that in medieval times it didn't work like that, but he wants one nonetheless:

[Pot:6+1=7]
A think line appears in front of you and begins drawing what you expected: a morningstar. A huge one, in fact. With a sudden flash of light, it becomes solid and falls to the ground. Damn, it seems to be quite big. You won't be able to use it with only one hand.

Diamond morningstar:
[Blunt weapon]
[Heavy]
[Two-handed]
[Minor piercing]

Elephant Parade got jealous. He wanted one of those cool things too! He tries some magic, to hopefully uncover better secrets:

[Pot:3+2=5]
Nothing happens.

[Pot:1+2=3]
A golden line appears and draws something. It has a handle, and something attached to the handle.

Now you regret not knowing any children in Kindergarten age, they would have been useful here.

[Pot:3+2=5]
A golden line appears and begins drawing. Wait, that has way too many limbs. Oh, it is a squid!

Dammit.

Stuff.

PM sent.

[DK spd:4]
[Romek spd:1-1=0]

The Dragon Knight stands up. He cleans his robe a little bit and looks at Romek. Why did that guy do the morningstar stuff there? Well, the Dragon Knight is not going to wait to guess it.

[DK Dex:4]
[Romek Dex:5]

[Romek dex:5]

But Romek just moves away, somehow not falling in the attempt, and says his word at him. He was  going to do it in another room, but he guesses that shouting it at him will work.

[Pot:4+1=5]
A golden line appears and draws a shark. It tries to bite the Dragon Knight, but just goes

through it. Romek uses the distraction to flee to the Grand room. Hey, something is happening here.

Quote from: Rolepgeek
PM

Well don't I feel like a jerk for not updating Pit!

"Bah, that didn't work!  Have at you!"

Magical Murder!

[Thrakor spd:4]
[Eric spd:4]

Spd tie:

[Thrakor spd:6]
[Eric spd:1]

Thrakor acts slightly quicker than Eric and shouts his word at him:

[Thrakor pot:5]
[Thrakor dex:3]
[Eric dex:4]

A fair amount of magma appears in front of Thrakor. Eric manages to avoid most of it, but a little bit catches his right leg. He begins to shake it violently trying to make the little drops of magma fall to the ground. Thrakor stays there laughing at him, and then he notices that the magma has caught his left leg too. Now we have two people dancing to the magma.

(Eric: [Minor burns])

(Thrakor: [Burned])

Eric stops dancing first and says some words, he wants to have a revenge!

[Pot:1]
A golden line appears and wiggles uncomfortably, before disappearing.

As you got distracted with this, Thrakor's flames had extinguished, and he is charging towards you!

[Thrakor dex:6+1=7]
[Eric dex:1]

[Thrakor str:4-1+2=5]

Eric is too surprised to dodge the strike. Thrakor furiously clubbed Eric's chest. Nothing got broken, but it hurts like hell!

[Pain II]

Now Eric got angry. Nobody should beat the hell out of him like that. Nobody.

[Eric dex:1]
[Thrakor dex:6]

He charges at Thrakor from quite a distance! He is too furious to adjust his direction! Thrakor just sidesteps him! And then the club comes again:

[Thrakor dex:3+1=4]
[Eric dex:2]

[Thrakor str:1-1=0]

But this time he just pokes Eric in the head with it, in a mockery fashion.

The Outcast Wizard appears in the Magma room. He looks really pissed of and tries some magic

[Pot:5+1=6]
A think gonden line appears and forms the shape of a morningstar. A flash of light comes from it and suddenly, after a thud, you notice a chitin morningstar in front of you. A long morningstar, actually. You will need both hands to use it.

Chitin morningstar:
[Blunt weapon]
[Two-handed]
[Minor piercing]

Meanwhile, in the Grand Room, the diamond pig goes limp. The entity calmly puts back his gauntlet and walks to its scythe. After grabbing it, the golden glimmer that previously has come out of his body, now appears to be coming back at him. Another flash of light ensues, and now the entity takes flight to the Greenhouse Room.
Baldr was loitering there. He didn't saw it coming. The entity stopped in mid-air and pointed its scythe at him. Baldr was just lifted from the ground, from his very internal structure. Then the entity moved its scythe to the left, and Baldr flew to the NW hallway, with the entity closely following it. Just before he touched the ground, the scythe was pointed at him, and he stopped falling. Then the scythe was moved, and he rotated until he was almost standing still in mid-air. And that's when it struck. The entity rushed Baldr and sliced his head clean to one side, then struck upwards with it. The blade entered through the severed neck and came off from Baldr's forehead. Or better said from his body's forehead, he had died a couple seconds ago.
The entity proceeded then to spin the scythe around, the abruptly stopping it, causing inertia to make the head be fired forwards. In mid-air, the scythe was pointed again at it, and some milliseconds later the head exploded in a lot of bone shrapnel, leaving quite the mess in the room.
The entity then flew back to its lair.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: darkpaladin 109 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unholy_Pariah. (click to show/hide)

GM comments

This was an unusually long turn.

Icefire is now in first place on the waitlist, because he was active, but he answered late. Somebody will die soon anyway. Or at least fights tend to end in a similar way.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 05, 2014, 10:51:58 am »

I swear if that thing killed me just like that, no rolling for it or anything, I'm going to be so mad...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 05, 2014, 11:08:08 am »

I rather suspect those things are the GM cleanup crew given a form.

Also, magmouch.

Come here, you!  I'm not done with you!

Break him with the club.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 05, 2014, 11:19:45 am »

I rather suspect those things are the GM cleanup crew given a form.
That thing is exactly what you think, sir.

Icefire's character will just reappear when someone dies, because I had aldready contacted Unholy to occupy his place.

I swear if that thing killed me just like that, no rolling for it or anything, I'm going to be so mad...
Don't worry, every interaction with a player will require a roll.

That reminds me, I'm going to change the rules, because just one turn is a short space of time, so:

-The decision to terminate a player will be based on the same criteria to decide when a critter gets terminated.

(What? You don't know the criteria? Well, you haven't payed attention)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 05, 2014, 11:21:49 am »

Don't worry, every interaction with a player will require a roll.
...Then what just happened? I'd go back to my plan, modified because what the hell Cado*, but I think my target might be dead.

*There's a joke in the RotMG OOC thread that RangerCado is the god of the RNG. Dunno what's with that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 05, 2014, 11:22:50 am »

Sorry to everyone, I confused Darkpaladin's character with Icefire's one. I will edit it. Baldr is supposed to be dead, not Romek.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 197