Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317809 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Whack-a-Dwarf
« Reply #705 on: March 25, 2014, 06:47:11 pm »

Does "mauled" wear off?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 25, 2014, 06:55:10 pm »

Does "mauled" wear off?
No, never, actually. That's mostly what is bad about non-alive bodies: cumulative damage. There are ways to aver this, but each carry a certain degree of either danger or cost.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 25, 2014, 06:56:26 pm »

Yeah well the lack of feet doesn't wear off either.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 25, 2014, 07:02:38 pm »

Derm points off to the exit. "Uh. There's a chasm over there if you need it. Are you gonna attack us, or...?"
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 25, 2014, 07:05:54 pm »

Does "mauled" wear off?
No, never, actually. That's mostly what is bad about non-alive bodies: cumulative damage. There are ways to aver this, but each carry a certain degree of either danger or cost.
Well, what if I somehow transform back?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 25, 2014, 07:18:06 pm »

Does "mauled" wear off?
Well, what if I somehow transform back?
The amout of damage you suffered gets converted into pain or the initial wounds. This damage is enough to put you into the heavy pain penalty.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Trinity of bad news
« Reply #711 on: March 25, 2014, 08:30:07 pm »

Cromwell notices that the man he just tried to murder is still alive.
"You wouldn't possibly be able to be convinced that I was aiming for the other guy, would you?"
Action
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 25, 2014, 08:36:10 pm »

Derm points off to the exit. "Uh. There's a chasm over there if you need it. Are you gonna attack us, or...?"

You can hear Karen's voice in your head:

Not really, you are not worth it. And we are quite comfortable inside or little bubble, or at least Roger is.

Roger also speaks loudly from the sphere:
We are well aware of the pit. But walking to that place is not actually worth the effort. This sphere is not something easy to break.

He then turns to Karen and nods.

[Roger Pot:3+4=7]
He appears to say something at the last moment of the spell, like if something had gone bad, then a golden line then appears and draws a cube. The cube then becomes material with a flash of light. It is made out of glass, and it is empty, with a round opening on the side facing upwards.

Karen then points his index finger (which appears to have a ring with many reddish colors) at the sphere of blood.

[Karen Will:1+4=5]
The glob of blood gently floats to the box and then enters through the opening, filling it all. It can be seen that the blood level is slowly going down.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 25, 2014, 08:44:21 pm »

Also, I should really keep my mouth shut, but I should be 1/2 on pool.

"zzzsshhhiiitt"

"Hey, guy, I saw him first!"

Finish beating the chest in of Iron Man, club damage be damned.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 25, 2014, 09:39:31 pm »

"Okay. So. you are...?"

Words I say! Words!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 25, 2014, 10:40:22 pm »

((In my defense, I didn't think a Repair word would exist. "Control" is a pretty well-known thing from this kind of game...okay, mostly the original.))

You can hear Karen's voice in your head:
But the Dragon Knight cannot, and he's rather uncomfortable.

Roger also speaks loudly from the sphere:
We are well aware of the pit. But walking to that place is not actually worth the effort. This sphere is not something easy to break.
"If walking is not worth the effort, why is coming here? What is your purpose, and what do you want with us?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 26, 2014, 06:54:47 am »

((Aclaration: Karen doesn't have a +4 to pot. She rolled for will there, but I copied the wrong thing))

"Okay. So. you are...?"

Words I say! Words!

Oh, that's rude from my part, isn't it?
If they aren't going to survive they aren't going to care a fuck about it.
Anyway, I'm Roger, he is my assistant Timothy and
I am Karen Stanford, lead researcher of the Medical Investigations Sub-Division.

"If walking is not worth the effort, why is coming here? What is your purpose, and what do you want with us?"

You hear Karen's voice in your head:
Haven't you been paying attention? We want power, mainly. I can't be surprised for you amazing deducting power, anyway, considering that you burned yourself trying to use a one-word spell to ignite a metal hammer.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 26, 2014, 07:59:04 am »

"Sub-Division, you say. So, you're part of a company? What's the full name?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 26, 2014, 08:34:30 am »

"Sub-Division, you say. So, you're part of a company? What's the full name?"

Roger's eyes widen slightly- You just haven't seen it befofre? That's odd. We are from ArcaneTech corporation, pioneers in metaphysics research!
That means things that usually don't have any fucking sense to the naked eye, but we pretend that we know about what we are talking about!
Oh, just shut up.
Don't begin with this again, please.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 26, 2014, 08:42:26 am »

"Oh, I see. You wouldn't happen to have a less shitty version of this book I have here, would you? It's several types of ruined. Also seems to be missing numbers and, well, any sort of explanation whatsoever."
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 197