Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 318030 times)

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Trinity of bad news
« Reply #765 on: April 04, 2014, 12:14:35 pm »

Continue science.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 06, 2014, 10:10:03 am »

My action will come within 24 hours i hope. Ive been QUITE busy. Typing from my phone atm.

Also, i would like to apologise about any bad puns i have made, and will inevitably make in the future. I cant help it! It is hardwired into my dna :P (if u had ever met my dad youd understand)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 06, 2014, 10:12:23 am »

Ditto.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 06, 2014, 10:23:41 am »

My action will come within 24 hours i hope. Ive been QUITE busy. Typing from my phone atm.

Also, i would like to apologise about any bad puns i have made, and will inevitably make in the future. I cant help it! It is hardwired into my dna :P (if u had ever met my dad youd understand)
No problem! I'm busy too. And some puns are funny, don't worry.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 06, 2014, 02:08:34 pm »

If possible, I'l change my sheet from
Spoiler: Old Sheet (click to show/hide)
to
Spoiler: New Sheet (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 02:16:23 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 06, 2014, 03:04:09 pm »

to
Done. It looks, well, oddly specialized. But the amount of pool points is interesting, granting a lot of flexibility, being able to go from a -1 to a straight +1, while also negating another -1 at the same time. Interesting concept. Not sure if that is what you wanted, though.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 06, 2014, 03:17:05 pm »

to
Done. It looks, well, oddly specialized. But the amount of pool points is interesting, granting a lot of flexibility, being able to go from a -1 to a straight +1, while also negating another -1 at the same time. Interesting concept. Not sure if that is what you wanted, though.
It is specialized FOR SCIENCE!

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 07, 2014, 08:07:05 am »

Suddenly wishing I'd put that dex point into pool instead... I was going to, but I didn't. I dunno.

I guess I should science? Eh.

Just putting it out there, anyone interested in a public word-list? Just putting the idea out there, I'm curious about this mythical "pattern" and science is taking a while. Feel free to yay or nay, just metering public opinion.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 07, 2014, 10:17:09 am »

Just putting it out there, anyone interested in a public word-list? Just putting the idea out there, I'm curious about this mythical "pattern" and science is taking a while. Feel free to yay or nay, just metering public opinion.
Yep. In fact, that's what I'm planning to do with my guy unless something else happens, since I'd basically do science while giving everyone else info on which word does what, while they maybe don't murder me while I'm doing so.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 07, 2014, 10:27:17 am »

Yep. In fact, that's what I'm planning to do with my guy unless something else happens, since I'd basically do science while giving everyone else info on which word does what, while they maybe don't murder me while I'm doing so.
I could do an analisis on what would happen, but I will leave the players to do so.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 07, 2014, 12:01:48 pm »

As a member of the largest team, we're pretty sure that the "pattern" isn't something that'll show up until we've discovered enough of the words that it won't really help.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 07, 2014, 01:12:09 pm »

Well, at least the intuitive color-coded pattern was easily figured out.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 10, 2014, 11:32:31 am »

Turn 030

Don't pay attention to me, just keep fighting.

"Hey man, no problem!  Just trying to finish up here."

Finish up here!

I guess go and body slam the guy I was attacking earlier.

Ugh. I always seem to roll 3.

Bash him in the face.

[Thrakor spd:4-1=3]
[Flimsy spd:5-1-1=3]
[Cromwell spd:6+1=7]

Cromwell realizes that the spear is no good anymore, and thus rushes at the speed of the now-not-so-lethal lightning and tries to hit Thrakor:

[Cromwell Dex:2]
[Thrakor Dex:5-1+1=5]

And so he rushes pst all the bullshit lying on the floor in the Greenhouse Room, then charges wildly at Thrakor, screaming and flailing around with his arms in what translates to a "Hey, I'm going to hi ya!"

[Thrakor dex:2+1=3]
[Cromwell dex:3]

To which Thrakor just sidesteps, or rather jumps to one side with his still-intact leg, because the other one just hurts so much.

Spd tie:

[Thrakor spd:1-1=0]
[Flimsy spd:3-1-1=1]

And what we were doing again? Oh, yes:

[Flimsy dex:3-1-1=1]
[Thrakor dex:5]
[Hidden endurance roll:1]

As The Flimsy Wizard spins around flying his arm in a, besides clumsy, embarrassing fashion, Thrakor thinks that he can easily sidestep it again. He underestimates the pain in his leg and realizes that stepping on it would be highly uncomfortable. Unfortunately for him, he realizes this by the time where his momentum was already leading his injured leg to the floor, and trying to prevent it from reaching the hard surface with such an impulse only led him to step oddly, his ankle bending painfully and making him fall to the ground, full of little irregularities and dust particles, each of them making their presence known to the hyper-sensitive flesh exposed. He would have found this experience familiar, if it weren't for the fact that he was screaming like there is no tomorrow, an action that quickly subdued as his brain surrendered to the attack of the unforgiving dust.

[Unconcious]

The Flimsy Wizard, after stopping to spin like a malfunctioning carousel and realizing that he hadn't hit his foe, but for some reason he was on the floor. He pondered briefly on whether or not to shoot an spell to him. He decided that not because he had been horribly lucky to not die by this time, and that it would be just tempting fate.

That...was pathetic. On all three accounts.

The big man shrugged and walked back to the Greenhouse Room.

Some time later, a shadow flew from the Arcane room to this room too. You think that you can hear the man who just left saying something like a "Woooo!"

Back in the Portal Room, both the Knight and Derm exchange some words about how the would love to kill the powerful people that are going to harvest them like [Insert farming analogy here], and then head away from that room, leaving all the crap that has been summoned, and the bodies from both the elf and the dwarf, to be cleaned So that the GM's list of bullshit in each room can be made shorter.

After both of them arrive to the Grand Room, Derm instructs the Knight to give him a foot massage, for the good of the group. The Knight takes off his ring and rubs it against Derm's axe-foot. Nothing happens. He then rubs it against Derm's flesh stump. Again nothing happens. Just to be sure, he rubs it again against the hammer. It restores a little bit of its shape. THere is an important and obvious clue here.

Anyway, enough of shenanigans, let's get to the important part: science.

[Derm pot:6]
A golden line appears and begins drawing a bunny. It all goes smoothly until you notice that each of the bunny's body parts extend oddly further that what it should. Upon closer examination, you see how each one extends into little version of itself. The fluffy ears having more fluffy ears coming from the tip of themselves, which also show other smaller ones coming from the tip of these ones, and so one. Upon an even closer examination, you can see the golden lines drawing them, in an intricate dance, decreasing their width upon finishing each of the ears, until it becomes a just little mass of unidentifiable shapes. You think that the lines are taking an awfully lot of time, which it weird, by this time there should be happening the OH SHIT, DAMMIT. The spark of light happened right in front of your face which was uncomfortable. The bunny now is made of paper and hopping on the ground. It looks fairly normal from a distance, but maybe bigger than average.

[Derm pot:4+1=5]
A golden line appears and draws a foot.

[Derm pot:3+1=4]
This time nothing happens.

The Dragon Knight also does his thing, albeit on a lower scale:

[Pot:5]
A chunk of obsidian appears and falls to the ground. It causes a loud thud and then proceeds to cease being interesting.

SCIENCE FOR THE SCIENCE GOD

Continue science.

Action

Everybody just ignores the people who seem to understand what is going on and just keep doing his science, like if they didn't have anything to learn or any kind of existential doubts by this time.
A surreal explosion is heard, maybe because the GM's sarcasm mode just can't cope with such a huge task and overheated.

A rattle after, it's time for science.

The Porcumancer says his words:

[Pot:2+1=3]
You get a bit of glass. It appears to be normal.

[Pot:6+1=7]
[End:1-1=0]

It seems that fate wanted you to get blind, because now the flash of light actually happened (my mistake last time) and so an spark of light appeared in front of you and made your eyes get soaked with tears. it is uncomfortable, and briefly doesn't let you see. Like, at all. Mostly because you are crying like a girl.

[Totally blinded]

The floating lady smirks, while the man looks at her and raises an eyebrow.

Now, it is Athanasios' turn:

[Pot:1]
[Wil:6]
A flash of light comes from your left pinky. Upon careful examination, you notice two things: first, it is now a leg. Second, it is made of rubber.

See, that happens when you screw things badly. It could have been worse. Like, much worse-The beraded man says.

You still keep doing this. Mainly because you don't have anything better to do.

[Pot:4]
Nothing happens.

I think that you hit a modifier word there.

And now it is Bigf01t's time.

[Pot:2+1=3]
[Dex:2+1=3]
A bunch of a floating octariney substance appears in front of you. You can feel it emitting heat as it slowly changes it's shape, concentrating and becoming loose unpredictable. Unfortunately for you, it became pretty concentrated, the octariney color intesifying, until the point in which it exploded, right in front of your marvelled face, which you managed to get off just in time.

Be careful with that-The bearded man turns to you-And you were unlucky enough to have it achieve such high densities. Indeed unstable, but magic at least compensates a lot the effects of raw anti-matter.

[Pot:4+1=5]
A bunch of chitin appears and falls to the ground. It makes an odd sound as it touches the ground. Like if it were vibrating in some way. Odd.

The muscled fellow enters back:

That was pathetic. They can't even hit the floor even if they tried. Some guy will die, or so it seems. Anyway, I have to see the reaper-He says, as he expectantly watches the northern entrance.

And, indeed, the entity arrives again. It rushes past the door and hovers in place and points its scythe at the floor near the translucent pig. The shadows cast by the plants begin to...move, reform themselves as they creep towards the pig, becoming something like tentacles. They reach forward, and manage to overcome the pig from many sides.
Well it is interesting how magic manages to make something from non-existent things.
Who cares? Go reaper! Wooo!

The reaper then cleanly swings its scythe across the pig's body, disintegrating it. As the entity leaves from where it came, the shadowy tentacles going  back to their original shapes.

That was too short!
You helped to make it, I don't know why would you be disappointed by the fact that it worked just as intended.
Do not make it boring. If this project hadn't been thrown to the garbage this would have been one of the most awesome parts.
Despite all the useless things in the concept of the reaper, it is effective.
See what I mean?

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Icefire2314 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RathofSTS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

GM comments

Long story short: busy week became not so busy, but then my internet connection derped due to a storm.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 10, 2014, 12:14:35 pm »

WELP.

Don't die.

Cromwell, Flimsy will be distracted!  Now is the time to get him!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 10, 2014, 12:41:50 pm »

THere is an important and obvious clue here.
Presumably, that it doesn't work on living things. Carp.
And it wasn't obvious until we tried. It's metal, it's a weapon.

"So. What do we attempt next?"
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 197