Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317939 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Trinity of bad news
« Reply #900 on: May 01, 2014, 10:13:41 am »

I need the action from Mastahcheese to finish the turn!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 01, 2014, 09:43:43 pm »

Sorry, been busy lately.

Try that first word I said again.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 02, 2014, 10:41:10 am »

Turn 033

Do the thing.
Do the other thing.

You guys are less inconspicuous than a bad guy from a Disney movie.

MAKO MAN.

[Derm spd:6-1=5]
[DK spd:4-1-1=2]
[Mako spd:2]

While Mako rejoices in the sound of his lone fan. Derm sees to opportunity to o what he has been doing since the start: killing easy targets.

He tries to cast a spell at both Mako and the sleeping dude:

[Derm pot:2]
He feels some electricity zap his mouth. He briefly thinks that he should be grateful that his spell hasn't worked.

Allright, time to do that the old way:

Derm rushes to the unconscious Athanasios and brings his iron foot over him!

[Derm str:2+1=3]

And he succeeds in breaking Athanasios' nose and causing some blood to pour. Luckily, the old man is still asleep, not knowing that there are a bunch of people trying to kill him.

The Dragon Knight enters the room and sees the now mauled old man lying on the floor, and Derm raising his foot mildly disappointed. Yes, it is time to act, but unfortunately Mako has realized what has been happening by this time:

Spd tie:

[DK spd:1]
[Mako spd:1]

Both engage in a staring contest. They are trying to impose their presence over each other by means of fixing their eyeballs in a way that it appears that you are seeing the other person and concentrating in showing the most badass face in existence. They sorta look like jerks, actually.

Stop that and kill him once and for all!-The big guys says, now not cheering for anybody.

Spd tie v2:
[DK spd:5]

But, while Mako continues with his strategy to hopefully act as a deterrent for the Knight, the latter simply rushes to the man and swings at his head with his obtuse golden hammer.

[DK str:3+1+1=5]

And, with a clean shot, the hammer goes through the man's skull, spilling some brain matter and typical head stuff through the fissures that formed on the side of the head. Now the Knight owns an obtuse golden hammer covered in viscous unidentifiable flesh matter. Hooray?

KILL STEALER!

Athanasios is dead, The Dragon Knight gains a point

The bearded guy joins the conversation: I'm glad we finally saw some soul gathering. Maybe I chose the right psychopaths after all.
Rather dumb psychopaths, but I guess that it will be enough.
Are you finally willing to go back and let them work now that you have partially satiated your bloodlust?
That was not bloodlust! I just wanted to watch a fight! It was a short one, I didn't like it much, though.
I want to leave, personally- The floating lady says.
Then I think that we are leaving- The bearded man says looking at the muscled fellow and raising an eyebrow.
Fine by me- He answers not totally convinced.

The trio then begin to walk back towards the Grand Room.

MORE COMPLICATED SCIENCEBWAHAHAHAHA!!![/b]

You pay no mind to that bloodshed and do your science:

[Pot:3+1=4]
A femur appears in front of you and falls to the floor. The bone is vibrating more than your former experiment, and not stopping, even while you don't touch it.

Okay, time to do dangerous science:
You grab the bone, the vibration intensifies briefly. You wonder if this could be misinterpreted. You conclude that indeed yes. Then you slap yourself to return to normal. You futilely try to try to control it with your will, and then hurl the bone to the wall. It predictably explodes, now producing a smaller explosion that created some water.

Roger turns back as he leaves and says:
Yes, you discovered the word to make shit explode, now use it to kill someone and stop doing that, because you will commit suicide and your soul will be lost.
He then turns back and keeps walking away with the trio.
I really didn't think I would ever have to babysit these morons.
Did you really expect them to figure stuff on their own without dying?
Well...

Quote from: EP
PM
Okay, time to do more science:

[Pot:2+2=4]
A golden line appears and forms a chair. With a flash of light, it materializes into...ink. But not any kind of ink, no. This ink is gelatinous in appearance, thickness and texture, and is somewhat sticky. Huh.

Sorry, been busy lately.

Try that first word I said again.

That was something interesting, wasn't it? Better to be sure of what eldritch horror is awaiting you with that word:

[Pot:5+1=6]
[Will:4-1=3]

Green smoke appears in front of you, the wails of the damned fill the room as the mass begins to shape into a multitude of long, screaming faces, continuously forming inside each other, overlapping into a tortured mass of spirits yearning for freedom, trying to grasp something they can hold. Mortal souls. Your soul. The aberration envelops you as you find yourself unable to do anything but covering your face. The sound of the wails increases until it is unbearable. But you don't feel the spirits. No, they, they don't seem to be corporeal and, then when you were partially relieved, you feel them. Or better, your soul feels them. Your body begins to go numb as your soul becomes loose, being yanked by ethereal unseen hands. You can feel them as they seem to tear apart the bonds that keep your very essence in place. But they slowly fade away, the metaphysical pain subsiding slowly, and then you can gather enough force to open your eyes again. The green fog is slowly ceasing to exist, but it appears than only a couple seconds was the duration of your torture, judging by how the Flimsy Wizard appears to have just turned around to look at you.

Soul meter:3/6

Zolond the monochromatic appears in the west side of the Portal Room. That red portal looks ominous.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Icefire2314 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roguearchivist (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 02, 2014, 10:54:31 am »

Do the thing.
Do the other thing.
You guys are less inconspicuous than a bad guy from a Disney movie.
Three out of the last four Disney movies I've seen had villains who were pretty subtle and good-guy-looking up until they explained their evil plan and motivations to the protagonists, so that doesn't really hurt.

Spd tie:
[DK spd:1]
Both engage in a staring contest. They are trying to impose their presence over each other by means of fixing their eyeballs in a way that it appears that you are seeing the other person and concentrating in showing the most badass face in existence. They sorta look like jerks, actually.
Odd.
Also, hey!

KILL STEALER!
"Kill-theft is not an idea we promote on my world...but we're not on my world, are we? I'm not interested in falling behind in this dog-eat-dog world, and I highly doubt that you were half so honorable before you became one of the alpha wolves."

Rather dumb psychopaths, but I guess that it will be enough.
"At least we know better than wasting time and energy on decorative flaming skulls, or bone faux-wolf-head helmets."

Are you finally willing to go back and let them work now that you have partially satiated your bloodlust?
That was not bloodlust! I just wanted to watch a fight! It was a short one, I didn't like it much, though.
I want to leave, personally- The floating lady says.
Then I think that we are leaving- The bearded man says looking at the muscled fellow and raising an eyebrow.
Fine by me- He answers not totally convinced.

The trio then begin to walk back towards the Grand Room.
Interesting.

Anyways. PMing action in a bit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 02, 2014, 08:24:30 pm »

Spoiler: Character for waitlist (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 02, 2014, 09:13:42 pm »

Well shit. I wanted that one.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 05, 2014, 03:40:09 pm »

The lack of actions from the players is underwhelming. So, how many days should I give you until full a party wipe? Yeah, I'm joking

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 05, 2014, 03:59:44 pm »

I don't really understand it, myself.

Just why aren't people posting/replying?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 05, 2014, 04:01:16 pm »

* Toaster shakes the cage in his Waitlist Cell
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 05, 2014, 04:01:53 pm »

I think some of them may have final exams and whatnot, possibly. Speaking as a wait lister though, TPK now, ask questions later.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 05, 2014, 04:29:49 pm »

It was a tad frustrating to get rid of a lot of burden to run a game to then notice that no one is posting, but I understand that everybody is busy. I was just joking, no party wipe is going to happen (highlight the hidden text if you don't believe me). Also, I found it weird how some people were active, but didn't actually submit an action.

It was mostly a kind of reminder for those who were actually active.

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 05, 2014, 04:38:06 pm »

I am working on an action, but I am also waiting on answers to pm's.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 05, 2014, 04:57:36 pm »

Head to the Greenhouse.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 05, 2014, 06:29:16 pm »

Oh yeah, thought I posted an action.

MAKO MAN.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 05, 2014, 07:14:47 pm »

I posted an action, right? I'll check.

Edit: Apparently not. I'll send an action in a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 197