Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317930 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Corpse shields. Scientific rage. Typical Perplexicon
« Reply #1380 on: August 13, 2014, 06:52:47 am »

Turn 059

Continue to not die.

GUESS WHAT?!

Keep doing things to Igor. Despicable things.
Like acid and beating.

[Igor spd:2-1-1=0]
[Bigf01t spd:3+1-1=3]

Firstly, the dizzy Igor does what he thought would be a good idea: covering behind a body. That's gotta help, right?

[Igor str:6-1+1-1=5]

After trying to grab the body and noticing how light the weird humanoid made of cogs was, he decided to go for it. But, after managing to lift it without effort, he said fuck it and lifted the whole body, putting it in front of him , with the arms of the deceased poor devil going across one of his shoulders, somewhat flailing as he moves. That should help, he guesses. It is encumbering, on the other hand.

Effect:
-1 to speed and dex rolls. In dex checks, if something only wins you by 3 or less, the corpse absorbs the damage.
((You are essentially gaining 2 dex, as long as the corpse holds together. Of course, there are attacks that may bypass the corpse, either because they are not strictly physical in nature, or because their physical properties make them spread))

And here comes the test:

[Bigf01t pot:6+1=7]
[Igor dex:1-1-1-1=-2]
[Bigf01t dex:3+1=4]

A huge pool of acid appears above both combatants and falls above the two, Igor not even managing to move, but Bigf01t managed to actually jump away, but some of the acid hit his face. The uncomfortable hissing noise filled the room, as the chest of the body receded unto itself, showing the disgusting(but fortunately not exceedingly so) amorphous dissolved entrails of the body, as some of the acid, due to the sheer amount of it, flowed to the aluminium humanoid, also dissolving part of it.

Bigf01t has gained [Slightly mauled] on his head.

Ironically, this has disproved his theory. Has he just got angry because his face just got partially melted? No, he is angry because he has been proven to be wrong, even when nobody, barring a metaphysical entity related to mastering games, had even heard said theory.

As rage is now the owner of his body, he strikes back, at the guy who hasn't managed to hit him once!

[Bigf01t dex:3+1-1=3]
[Igor dex:2-1-1-1-1=-2]

Cripple execution:

[Bigf01t str:3-1+1+1=4]

The face-melted alien guy assaulted Igor from the front, his mace empowered by rage, but not managing to land a decisive blow to the head of the sod. The strikes were unbalancing him, though, until anger allowed the alien to think for a brief time, and with a fast slide he changed sides, catching Igor off-guard as he tried to turn around, and hitting his head hard enough to knock him to the floor. Then the deed was finished, and Bigf01t ended up simulating an agitated breathing, holding a gory mace.

Igor the invincible has died. Bigf01t gains a stat point

Okie dokie.

Different plan, then.

You have an idea! That guy full of scars probably isn't going to need that hammer, right? You walk to the Grand Room, only to find him dead with his head totally disfigured by the alien guy who was so kind as to give you your bow. He doesn't look kind any more. You reduce distances slowly and you quickly snatch the hammer from the still warm hands of Igor. Bigf01t looks at you, still pretending to be breathing with intensity. It actually makes a tiny chirp at the final moments of each exhalation, which makes him seem kinda funny, if it weren't for his teeth. You back off slowly, just in case he decides to try to hit you. Now you have a hammer!

Bad luck.

"Oh joy, you again."

gtfo

[Thrancaole spd:4-1=3]
[Derm spd:3-1=2]

The shade doesn't listen to you, and instead walks towards you again!

[Thrancaole pot:1]
[Thrancaole dex:5+2=7]
And he dodges his own acid again. This is not funny any more.

Anyway, time to do magic:

[Derm pot:3+1=4]
Your chest and head flash with light, turning back to their exact forms. Immediately afterwards, your whole body begins to glow, and you feel the magic to be under your control. You order it to react, and you flash with light, revealing now that you have a waxy pinkish outside, but you are still hard inside, a few centimetres behind your skin. You feel that the magic is stable, and that still obeys your command, but doesn't seem that the responsiveness will endure repeated orders.

Character sheet updated!

Science is so fun.

...When you don't kill yourself!

[Pot:2+1=3]
You get a golden line which draws a rectangle.

[Pot:4+1=5]
Nothing happens!

[Pot:3+1=4]
Nothing happens, again!

That was disappointing!

You are interrupted by a diamond Ork who enters the room wielding a naginata made of the same material. That is odd.

Put that point into Pool.

To the Portal Room to recover my pool and hopefully my soul as well.

You get there, there is a black guy in black clothes there. He seems to be afraid of you, sorta.

Your soul meter now is at 5/6

The flimsy Wizard crawls out of the wall in the SE hallway. He has been repaired, changed into flesh, and somehow he has messed up with his power.

He doesn't remember anything that happened into that wall. Wait, it wasn't even that wall. Well, that was a crazy night out. He was lucky that the magic equivalent of a vacuum cleaner didn't suck him. Anyway, he has to do science:

[Pot:3+1=4]
A golden line appears and draws a hippo.

A pile of a yellow material, with a bad smell appears in front of you.

You get a chunck of silver to appear in front of you.

[Pot:1+1=2]
You get a little green shard of presumably something.

[Pot:2+1=3]
A golden line appears and draws a small humanoid figure.

[Pot:1+1=2]
You get another shard of something, but this one is transparent.

Well, you are back in business!

Li appears in the NE hallway. There is noise coming from the Arcane Room. Wet noises. You hope that it is not the sound of flesh being ripped from the recently dead

Character sheets
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roguearchivist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

GM comments

This took so long because two waitlisters were either too busy or not active to play the game. Now, there are only two waitlisters left. If my estimations are correct, I will run out of waitlisters by turn 66. This means, I need more people.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 13, 2014, 08:24:16 am »

======[]

HAMMAH
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 13, 2014, 09:44:48 am »

Put on parachute pants and start dancing around the room.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 13, 2014, 10:53:34 am »

"You're really quite bad at this, aren't you?"

Stuff'n'things
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 13, 2014, 11:32:49 am »

That round of experimentation was less than useful.

Science!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 13, 2014, 12:09:41 pm »

((Well, I struck one good blow at least.))

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 13, 2014, 12:20:10 pm »

((Well, I struck one good blow at least.))
I'd rather say that you endured everything so hard that your enemy hurt himself.

Also, waitlisted.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 13, 2014, 01:46:49 pm »

Ooo, yay, I'm in! When I saw the PM, I was wondering what could have caused so many people to die... Needless to say, it was a bit disappointing.

Be confused. Walk to the greenhouse room. Look at book and say Words.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 01:51:30 pm by Lost in Nowhere »
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 13, 2014, 07:46:52 pm »

Forgot this room was occupied. Back to the Grand Room, then non-aggressive words.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: August 15, 2014, 10:18:09 am »

We are waiting on Bigf01t right now, he usually doesn't take too long to post an action...

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: August 15, 2014, 08:18:27 pm »

I'm BaaaAAAAaaack!

Yea sorry about that, internet crapped out on me for a spell, and then I had to go help film a short movie... yea well you probs get the point.
Life happened, but I'm BACK!

God... what to do now? Hmm.
SCIENCE!
Also, I was going to put that point in strength... buuuuuut +1 Pool. Next minute: Magic Happens
((BTW, Thanks Igor! That was valuable testing. Your contribution to Science has been noted! I just have to ask, are we Nemesis' now? That could be fun!  :) ))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 15, 2014, 08:41:15 pm »

((You didn't put Igor's point into endurance :'())
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 16, 2014, 10:52:12 pm »

((You didn't put Igor's point into endurance :'())
Sorry man, It's just I have an extra special plan in mind. It should be pretty cool! (Plus science reasons)
EDIT:
((Darn, due to pool reasons you'll have to wait one more turn to see my super-special scienc-y plan. Oh well!))
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 06:00:42 pm by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 197