Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317291 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Now a murderous parody of the Benny Hill show.
« Reply #1770 on: December 08, 2014, 09:28:22 am »

"It's like I insulted everyone's mother at once!"

Execute plans and procedures.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: December 10, 2014, 09:38:43 pm »

Gentlemen, I am afraid that a next turn coming out before monday is unlikely happen, as I am busy with some final stuff that needs to be done. After that, I have three months of free time. Yeah, three, so updates can speed up during that time, as long as players also speed up their replies.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: December 11, 2014, 07:38:36 am »

*high pitched excitement noises*
Don't worry, either I'll get better internet or post at least 2 turns at a time.
If necessary I will rename/remake myself into a clockwork robot. That would be interesting. An opponent that already has several things worked out, but you don't know what they are. Could be Hilarious :P
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Now with some degree of relatively civil behaviour.
« Reply #1773 on: December 12, 2014, 08:20:56 am »

Turn 085

"It's like I insulted everyone's mother at once!"

Execute plans and procedures.

Shake and Bake.

Quote from: Syvarris
PM

[Systar str:6+1-1=6]
[Robert str:4-1=3]

Systar firmly grabs the drake's mouth and opens it, freeing his leg! Now, it is time to run:

Chase:

[Systar spd:6+1-1=6]
[Robert spd:3]
[Thrancaole spd:4-1+1=4]

And Systar sprints as fast as he can past the southern exit. The shade manages to keep a somewhat reasonable distance distance, while the drake had been taken by surprise by Systar's escape, and thus only managed to follow him to the exit, where he lost him.

The purple sheep, now alone with the drake, took a decision and begun ramming against the dragon's leg. Naturally, cloth doesn't do much damage, but it could turn annoying in the case something had to be done by the drake with haste. Actually, it may be intentionally annoying.

((By the way, it technically counts as combat, so no full pool regeneration. I didn't want to do rolls because it was unlikely for the sheep to have effects on you))

Now in the Greenhouse Room, the shade tries to reach the bastard who just can't stop running:

[Systar spd:1+1=2]
[Thrancaole spd:1-1+1=1]

But the shade suddenly finds that it may not be worth chasing him so much. As the shade stops, Systar reduces his running to a calm jog, and trots up to the western hallway, the bridge over the bottomless pit.

Well, that was close. Now it would be a good time to lick your wounds.

Necrosis changed to [Nausea]

Quote from: EP
PM

Y'all can probably guess what I'm about to do anyway.

[Flimsy spd:6-1+1-2=4]
[Igor Jr. spd:5-1-1=3]

The Wizard manages to stand before Igor Jr. does something to prevent that. He then proceeds to do what he likes most: wild magic.

[Flimsy pot:3+1=4]
[Igor Jr. dex:1-1=0]

[Flimsy pot:6+1=7]
[Igor Jr. dex:1]

[Flimsy pot:3+1=4]
[Igor Jr. dex:1]

[Flimsy pot:3+1-1=3]
[Igor Jr. dex:3]

A a giant mass of fire appears between both the Wizard and Igor Jr, engulfing both of them. While the Wizard obviously didn't suffer any damage, Igor Jr. suffered quite a lot, his whole body burning and his skin getting horrible scars. Wait, he already had those. Oh, well, who cares, he got hurt. Also, he didn't scream, honouring his father.

Igor Jr's whole body now has: [Burned]

But Igor Jr. counterstrikes!

[Igor Jr. pot:5]
[Igor Jr. end:1+1=2]
[Flimsy end:5-1=4]

And this time both he and the Wizard are zapped with electricity, and, oddly enough, the Wizard comes out better that Igor Jr. What kind of witchcraft if this?

Igor Jr. now has [Paralysis]

Flimsy Wizard now has [Slight paralysis]

PM; Yea, THAT'S RIGHT.

Quote from: TCM
PM

THE D4 OF DOOM HAS SPOKEN, MAKO HAS BEEN MADE TO VOMIT HORRENDOUSLY AND EMBARASSINGLY IN FRONT OF BIGF01T.

And Bigf01t decides to make the most of this opportunity:

[Bigf01t dex:2+1-1-1=1]
[Mako dex:6+1-1=6]

But suddenly the spirit of chivalry shines inside of Bif01t, and he lets Mako finish before continuing. Isn't it nice to have an enemy with such nice manners?

The good thing about all this puking is that Mako feels better now. The cough, on the other hand, seems to be coming back.

Nausea went back to [Coughing]

That worked horribly...
Let's try something else that hopefully won't have as horrible consequences...

Let's hope you stop being a head which can be easily thrown into the magma for an easy kill:

[Pot:5]
You flash with light again, and now you are back at your human form. But your body glows again. The magic seems to be waiting for you to to give another order, as it seems that by only wishing so you could become something different.
Hmm.

Well, better try more magic in the meantime:

[Pot:2]
A shard of a rusty, reddish thing appears in front of you. it is too small to do anything.

[Pot:6]
A thick golden line appears, and begins to make a drawing out of itself. The object is elongated and thin, with a handle on one side. It looks like a rapier, but seems to be too oversized. After a brief time the line vanishes.

[Pot:4]
Nothing happens.

[Pot:1]
A golden line appears, this time moving erratically until is has tied itself into a disorganized knot. It then phases away.

A thick golden line appears and draws a big bull.

Hmm, that was interesting. You wonder what could be the transformation that is waiting for you.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

GM comments

Well, stuff got delayed, so here you have a turn.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: December 12, 2014, 08:48:12 am »

"Much better!"

Stand just off the west side of the bridge.  Tend to the wounds; rip up my shirt for bandages if need be.  If anyone comes across the bridge at me, shoot them with an arrow.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: December 12, 2014, 12:29:00 pm »

WHAT THE HELL DICE?
Also, Igor Jr. didn't have any scars before this. He was quite the prettyboy.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: December 12, 2014, 12:33:07 pm »

Wait, hold up, that's not right.

Edit: Yes it is, nevermind.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 03:59:09 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: December 13, 2014, 06:41:30 am »

I am so, immensely, disappoint with those rolls.
GODDAMNIT RNG! Y U NO LIKE ME!

AGAIN. BUT WITH PINK MIST INSTEAD. AGAIN.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: December 13, 2014, 11:29:05 am »

I find your lack of deaths disturbing...
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: December 13, 2014, 01:33:27 pm »

Yay! Now that that worked, back to Science!
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: December 14, 2014, 08:13:12 pm »

I am dissapointed, less than half of the players have sent me an action.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: December 14, 2014, 09:27:10 pm »

I need to find slower snacks.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: December 14, 2014, 09:27:32 pm »

PM sent.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Tales of family pride and sheep harassment.
« Reply #1783 on: December 17, 2014, 07:07:08 am »

Turn 086

"Much better!"

Stand just off the west side of the bridge.  Tend to the wounds; rip up my shirt for bandages if need be.  If anyone comes across the bridge at me, shoot them with an arrow.

[Dex:6+1-2=5]

You cleanly cut pieces of your robe, fashioning them into bandages. You apply them to your torso, and soon the wound stops bleeding so much. Now it can cauterize.

Bleeding in torso stopped!
Numbness receded!

You also walk to the west side of the bridge, just in case. The silence just makes your steps echo across the emptiness. It is almost depressing. Almost, because nobody is actually trying to end your life, and that makes you happy.

WHAT THE HELL DICE?
Also, Igor Jr. didn't have any scars before this. He was quite the prettyboy.

I need to find slower snacks.

PM sent.

[Igor Jr. spd:3-1-2=0]
[Flimsy spd:5-1+1-1=4]
[Robert spd:5-1=4]

Robert decides that it is time to get rid of that sheep. He tries to unleash some of his special molten rock reserves upon it:

[Robert pot:1+1=2]
But just a little drop of it appears. Dammit. He still goes to the Arcane Room, followed by the sheep, still ramming against him. It is really looking a bite or something.

There, a fight is occurring, and the Flimsy Wizard seems to be trying to hit to hit a guy with burn scars with magic. Hmm.

[Flimsy pot:1+1=2]

[Flimsy pot:6+1=7]
[Igor Jr. dex:3-1=2]

And, after a brief error on the Wizard's part, Igor Jr. is engulfed again in fire. Well, not so much, but it is beginning to hurt, even for him.

Igor's burns have been upgraded:
Torso burns passed to: [Profuse burns]
Arms turned to: [Heavy burns]

And then the drake makes an opening move: his not so iconic dragon breath!

[Robert dex:3-1=2]
[Igor Jr. dex:2-1=1]
[Igor Jr. will:1-1=0] ((5/2 rounded up=3))

A green skull comes from the diamond reptilian, producing a terrible and maybe even cursed scream. Igor Jr. clearly didn't expect the freaking dragon to come and breath some kind of unholy shit upon him, and thus was hit by the wicked skull right in his chest. He feels as the skull gnaws at his very soul, and he can't help but to scream in the inside. Not the outside, obviously, as he has a reputation to maintain.

Soul meter:3/6

But Igor Jr. won't surrender. Or at least not until it is too late for him, which wouldn't matter because even if he surrendered these guys would kill him anyway. He tries again with lightning!

[Igor Jr. pot:1]
[Igor Jr. end:5+2-1=6]

But he zaps himself again. The GM wonders if he has found the next incarnation of the avatar of bad luck AKA Magical Trevor.

But at least he can try to impale the Wizard:

[Igor Jr. end:2+2-1=3]

And then he suddenly finds that he is, indeed, too damaged to properly move his not so recently stolen spear. This... this is embarrassing.

I am so, immensely, disappoint with those rolls.
GODDAMNIT RNG! Y U NO LIKE ME!

AGAIN. BUT WITH PINK MIST INSTEAD. AGAIN.

Quote from: TCM
PM

Just by that fight, another one continued its course:

[Bigf01t spd:1]
[Mako spd:2]

Mako decides to at least try to use his knife:

[Mako str:5+1=6] ((Plus one damage due to it being heavy))

[Mako dex:6+1-1=6]
[Bigf01t dex:5+1=6]

And the knife is thrown will all the accumulated hate Mako has. It other words, with a lot of strength. Unfortunately for him, the knife doesn't hit his foe in the correct angle, sliding away from the metallic cyborg.

And Bigf01t tries again with his infamous magic:

[Bigf01t pot:5+1=6]
[Mako dex:3+1=4]

And yet again some of that mist finds its way into Mako's respiratory system. This is more and more annoying each time.

The worst part is, that Bigf01t now is coming with his morningstar:

[Bigf01t dex:3-1-1=1]
[Mako dex:4+1-1=4]

But the weight of all his stuff doesn't allow him to execute his strike. Instead, Mako sidesteps his pathetic attempt at murder and grabs one of Bigf01t's legs!

[Mako str:1+1=2]
[Bigf01t str:2+1=3]

But after a brief moment of one-leg jumping, Bigf01t yanks his precious leg back.

And now Mako gets again the sensation that he wants to vomit. Seriously, this will eventually become something usual for him.

Coughing upgraded to [Nausea]

Quote from: Syvarris
PM

The shade spends some time gathering energy, and trying to predict whether it is going to be attacked or not. It seems that nobody has interest on it. That's perfect. This means that it will be able to unleash a devastating force soon.

((You have full pool now))

Yay! Now that that worked, back to Science!

More wild science!

[Pot:4]
The magic that you could previously control is disrupted, and, instead, your right leg begins to receive tiny golden particles, producing a glow to which you are already getting used to. It seems that, in this case, the magic is still under your control, but for some reason it doesn't seem that it will stick to you if you use it too much.

[Pot:1]
You mess up whatever you tried to do. Fortunately, you didn't die or anything, which is good.

The previous enchantment on your right leg is disarmed, and instead the golden particles that soon begun to be absorbed by the leg seemed to be in a kind of hurry, rushing to your leg, and not giving you the option to activate the magic. Your leg flashed with light, and then you begun to feel an odd pressure emanating from it. From the leg, some kind of force is actually pushing the rest of your body back, which is uncomfortable, really uncomfortable. Upon trying to touch it with your hand, you notice that you have to do more force to reach it. It may be something good. Or not.

-Right leg repels Meat/bone/blood:
Strength of incoming attacks made with things made of those components will be reduced by 1.
You also have a -1 to your dexterity, due to movement problems caused by the repulsion.

A great chunk of iron appears in front of you, falling to the ground.

That was informative, you suppose?

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Tales of family pride and sheep harassment.
« Reply #1784 on: December 17, 2014, 10:53:56 am »

Shouldn't I only have 1 pool?

Edit: Either I looked at the wrong turn, or I got ninja-edited.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 197