Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317783 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Incoming boss fight!
« Reply #2085 on: March 08, 2015, 08:36:57 am »

*Frantically checks turn*

Shit.

Turn Change:
This actually made me laugh a bit. Which was unpleasant as my nose currently resembles the posterior of one who has visited Taco Bell. But with occasional bursts of explosive force. So yea.

Does this mean I have my nice full-body transform back?
Yes, you have.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: March 09, 2015, 01:11:21 am »

"Very well, I will go with you." Robert agrees.

On the way to the Grand Room:
"So, Doomknight, huh? That a real name? Or is your real name something blander like Tim or something and you got a book and figured out the sweet body transformations? Looks like you figured out some neat armor stuff too. If I win, you should tell me how to do that before you die."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: March 09, 2015, 07:19:21 am »

"Very well, I will go with you." Robert agrees.

Well then. He motions towards the exit, but turns to Derm before leaving:

If I happen to see you near us, my minions will destroy you. Bear that in mind before doing something stupid.

He then finally walks away, followed closely by Robert.

On the way to the Grand Room:
"So, Doomknight, huh? That a real name? Or is your real name something blander like Tim or something and you got a book and figured out the sweet body transformations? Looks like you figured out some neat armor stuff too. If I win, you should tell me how to do that before you die."

The Doomknight was about to engage in idle conversation as you went across the Northen Hallway, but you talking first seemed to take him away from his comfort zone:

WH-WHAT? he stares at you, you can see his red eyes fixed on you from the visor of his helmet. WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT?! WAS IT THE WEAKLING BACK THERE, RIGHT?! He points at the Arcane Room. He may be speaking about The Flimsy Wizard, the only one that has survived from the beginning of this whole madness, but you are not sure.

He sounds both frustrated and uneasy as he says that.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: March 09, 2015, 08:16:59 am »

He may be speaking about The Flimsy Wizard, the only one that has survived from the beginning of this whole madness, but you are not sure.
He. Hehehe. This amuses me as I was around at that time (wasn't I? I had a good chat with (evil) SCIENCE BRO) but makes sense as Tim Timmey, Tim-Tim Timoi hasn't actually seen me yet. Also not sure if I ran into the Doomknight or not myself. But regardless: Amusing :P
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: March 09, 2015, 08:26:24 am »

He may be speaking about The Flimsy Wizard, the only one that has survived from the beginning of this whole madness, but you are not sure.
He. Hehehe. This amuses me as I was around at that time (wasn't I? I had a good chat with (evil) SCIENCE BRO) but makes sense as Tim Timmey, Tim-Tim Timoi hasn't actually seen me yet. Also not sure if I ran into the Doomknight or not myself. But regardless: Amusing :P

The Doomknight hasn't seen you yet, because he went directly to Beirus.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Final Preparations...
« Reply #2090 on: March 10, 2015, 01:24:07 pm »

Turn 105

Ohhhh....a perplixicon....let's try.....

Anamnteibu
Rebusdiiu
Osrumnti

All as seprate spells

You briefly consider setting a magma forge in this room, but you don't have iron, nor any idea about how to make a forge like that. Well, at least you can say some of these words:

[Pot:1]
An ethereal golden line appears, and begins to twist and twitch oddly, erratically, until it has made a knot out of itself. It vanishes afterwards.

[Pot:4]
Another golden line appears, this time it makes a drawing, that of a perfect sphere. Like the other one, it vanishes afterwards.

[Pot:3]
A bunch of dirt materializes in front of you and falls to the ground.

Well, maybe this magic stuff will eventually become useful?

The Space Wizard! looked around.  "Nice place, though not Space! themed enough.  That statue could have a Space! logo on it."

Space Wizard! does as Space Wizard! does

You are a Wizard, Thrakor! This means that you have to read bullshit from those papers and hope that it bends the rules of thermodynamics, action and reaction, and eventually the fabrics of the universe!

Let's see:

A golden line appears and draws a genderless torso. Hmm.

[Pot:2]
Nothing happens!

You get some black dust that disperses as it falls to the ground.

Okay, maybe you can't break the fabrics of the universe yet.

WOo! Moar Wizard!
Bigf00t yells from the hallway:
"Yo! I hear someone shouting 'Space' and 'Wizard'. This I have to see!"

Hobble my way into the lovely Greenroom, and bust out some SCIENCE!

You get into the Greenhouse Room. There is a guy who has a big SPACE! tattoo on his chest. Yeah, normal people, like all of those who have appeared in this arena. Well, you gotta do magic, so you do that:

[Pot:5+1=6]
You get a big blob of pitch. It falls to the ground, slowly sliding afterwards.

[Pot:3+1=4]
A golden line appears and draws a hatchet.

[Pot:5+1=6]
A thick line appears now, drawing a badass (but terribly unwieldy and big) scythe.

[Pot:6+1=7]
Another thick line, this time drawing a pickaxe more fit for a small giant rather than for you.

[Pot:4+1=5]
Now a sickle is drawn out of a normal-sized line.

It seems that you hit the tools department here.

Quote from: NAV
PM

Quote from: Dorsidwarf
PM

This odd couple decide to do science together, and so TNI begins:

A golden line appears, and moves! It tries to do something, and fails miserably at that.

Another golden line, this time drawing something that seems like a flat surface with a handle? You don't know what it is. You suck at magical drawing.

You get a chunk of steel the size of your fist.

Now you get a shard of a rusted-red thing.

[Pot:1]
Another line appears, but this time does something! It twists and vibrates until it has reduced itself into a twisted knot.

You get a chunk of diamond! You are so rich you can't even leave this place and sell it!

A transparent crystal appears.

Well, you still suck at magic drawing.

Now it is Doris' turn to do magic:

[Pot:6-1=5]
[Dex:5+1=6]
Fire bursts in front of you! Fortunately, you jump back fast enough to get out of it in one single non-burned piece.

[Pot:3-1=2]
You get a golden line that wiggles before disappearing.

[Pot:5-1=4]
Another golden line appears, and draws a monkey! It doesn't move, so it not not funny.

Quote from: Derm
PM

You go towards the Greenhouse Room. There, you find both Bigf01t and some guy, totally sane, just with a big SPACE! tattoo on his chest. You also notice that for some reason there is now a vine statue over the pool. That's a nice detail. Anyway, you have to do more science:

[Pot:2+1=3]
You briefly think that you saw a glow somewhere in the room, but you are not sure.

And then you notice that you exhausted your magic mojo killing that lizard just a moment ago. ((You had just one pool))

Quote from: EP
PM

You are left alone in the Arcane Room. Not that the occasional sparks of arcane energy and the entities retrieving the charged crystal batteries bother you. No, not at all. You have to do science, and that you will do.

Unexpectedly, though, your head flashes and becomes fleshy again. Well, you guess that the spell was not permanent. ((This should have happened in the previous turn, but I forgot))

[Pot:4+1+1=6]
A big blob of beer appears and falls to the ground soaking your feet. Now you smell like a drunk!

A thick golden line appears and draws a big desk.

Nothing happens!

[Pot:1+1=2]
You get a golden line which dances for you!

[Pot:4+1=5]
Now another golden line appears, and draws a boomerang!

[Pot:1+1=2]
You get another dancing line!

As the only response from Robert's part was a grin (or what seemed like one, diamond dragons are not the most expressive beings), the Doomknight just said:"Fine! I shall kill you quickly, then! It may have been a mistake to give you time to prepare" and proceeded towards the Grand Room, with Robert following closely behind.

The Doomknight, before anything happened, shouted in a deep voice which echoed in the Arena:

"I CLAIM THE GRAND ROOM! ANY INTERLOPERS WILL FACE THE HALLSPAWN. THEY ARE EAGER TO DISMEMBER YOU, SO DON'T TEMPT FATE!

Quote from: Beirus
PM

Upon arrival, Robert stayed on the Northern side, while the Doomknight proceeded towards the Southern side. While the Doomknight stretched his limbs and warmed up, Robert used his preparation time to cast a spell:

[Pot:2+1=3]
Robert flashes with light, and finds himself in human form, although quite smaller than how he originally arrived to the arena. The Doomknight laughs at his puny form.  The magic does not wait, though, and thus Robert is immediately transformed into another kind of dragon. This one has a white porcelain body, but with a somewhat transparent covering, of a kind of golden substance that seems to be pushing everything away from it. What could have been sharp claws are now covered in that thing, which makes them rather (or maybe totally) ineffective.

Porcelain repulsive energy drake!
[Small]
[Light]
[Naturally sharp]
[Repulsive energy 3/3]

((I'd like to point out that this is the effect of the repulsive energy as a layer. Raw energy items just work as damage absorbers))

The Doomknight just looks at Robert, puzzled.

"I don't get it. Why the porcelain? ARE YOU MOCKING ME? BECAUSE IT WLL BE EASIER FOR ME TO CRUSH YOU!"

He then stays examining his opponent with determination, as he gets prepared to strike.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorsidwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Final Preparations...
« Reply #2091 on: March 10, 2015, 01:34:44 pm »

"DO NOT DENY ME!"

Ratentcius
Itapeunt
Anamnteibu

All as seprate spells
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: March 10, 2015, 01:41:23 pm »

"Damn, that spell wasn't as strong as I wanted. No matter, Tim, you will learn the power of the porcelain before this is over. Shall we begin?"

We shall begin!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 02:37:00 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: March 10, 2015, 01:57:39 pm »

Damned hall spawn.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: March 10, 2015, 02:57:19 pm »

"Bigfoot."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: March 10, 2015, 02:58:38 pm »

"Beep Boop"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: March 10, 2015, 05:41:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: March 11, 2015, 05:24:35 pm »

"Bigfoot."

"Why hello there old friend, I hope you've come to reminisce about old times, and not the more violent things. Here we would rather focus on forwarding Science!"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: March 11, 2015, 05:33:33 pm »

"Really. Didn't quite seem that way ten or so minutes ago."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: March 11, 2015, 08:13:39 pm »

"Really. Didn't quite seem that way ten or so minutes ago."

"You and your cohort decided to try and kill one of my allies. I tried my best to keep him from dying, which worked better than I thought it would, but the point stands. Attack my allies and I will defend them, or at least TRY. Ideally I would like to continue with my science, with my totally new friend here, who I totally have never met. Ever."

"But something tells me you're not so keen on that. ((My Common Sense is TINGLING! :P )) Shall we settle this in the time-honored tradition of violent and unpredictable actions?"
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 197