Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317941 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Final Preparations...
« Reply #2100 on: March 11, 2015, 09:55:03 pm »

"Hmfh. You really should be more clear of who and who is not on your side. I've made my lines pretty clear, I think. I had thought we were in a truce, but I never had a clear grasp on who was on your side and who was not. Mind, I didn't particularly pay attention, but still."

"Anyway, no. While science and fighting are time honored traditions, I've come with a rather more pressing matter. My teammate is currently being assailed by eight feet of chaotic steel, as you have probably heard. This is one of the collectors we heard about from those three beings so long ago. Or he might be one. It's been a while and I sort of died between then and now, I can't remember the particulars."

"I would rather like it, for the continued existence of everybody (But mostly me and mine), if we thwarted their plans wherever possible. Nobody controls my destiny, and especially if it means becoming 'soul cattle'. This naturally means killing the Demon Knight."

"But alas, it appears that he will summon a horde of 'Hellspawn' if I interfere. I do not believe that me and Elephant alone will be able to pacify such beasts in such time to make a true difference in the fight. And so I have come here. What say you, to aid in killing our captors?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: March 12, 2015, 08:16:22 am »

"Hmfh. You really should be more clear of who and who is not on your side. I've made my lines pretty clear, I think. I had thought we were in a truce, but I never had a clear grasp on who was on your side and who was not. Mind, I didn't particularly pay attention, but still."

"Anyway, no. While science and fighting are time honored traditions, I've come with a rather more pressing matter. My teammate is currently being assailed by eight feet of chaotic steel, as you have probably heard. This is one of the collectors we heard about from those three beings so long ago. Or he might be one. It's been a while and I sort of died between then and now, I can't remember the particulars."

"I would rather like it, for the continued existence of everybody (But mostly me and mine), if we thwarted their plans wherever possible. Nobody controls my destiny, and especially if it means becoming 'soul cattle'. This naturally means killing the Demon Knight."

"But alas, it appears that he will summon a horde of 'Hellspawn' if I interfere. I do not believe that me and Elephant alone will be able to pacify such beasts in such time to make a true difference in the fight. And so I have come here. What say you, to aid in killing our captors?"

((A+ For some witty writing btw "It's been a while and I sort of died between then and now, I can't remember the particulars" heh :P Well played.))

"Ah. Yes I probably should have made my alliances (as few, but strong, as they are) clearer. My Bad. But to the more pressing issue.."

"This is precisely the reason I considered the whole conflict so... non-fortuitous. I would have valued quite a fair bit more time to prepare, to be honest something like 15 more full pool-burns.
As inelegant as it is there is a simple solution to this issue, one with minimum of death, minimum of effort for all and Mr Clankypants doesn't leave with the souls. Berius may need to self-terminate.
"

"This sets back everyone in this pit, simply by value of wasted souls, but in my current state (as decent as it may be) I am not sure whether I would be much assistance either. As I have previously covered Clank&Spanx has at least 20 souls, as with the 10-souls-less threshold, and he only appeared when someone had 10 or more."

"He has also had MUCH more time to prepare, and has colleagues with a much more thorough knowledge of this Codex than we. I'm not saying 'let this guy rule your fate'. I'm saying lets whoop his ass, using his self-imposed constraints (no harvesting <soul limits) against him and his crew to prepare properly."

"As much as I actually hate to say it, until I can at least assess what the hell these hellspawn ARE I won't be entering that room. I will however assist you this one turn if you would like me to help you make some half-decent equipment, or full-body transform you. I would recommend some silver somewhere regardless. This guy likes souls, of both the tasty kind and the annoying green and necromantic kind."

((PM me any words you want me to say, 5 for equipment either one bit or several, or 4 for full-body-transform to allow for the "target what I am looking at" word.))
((Also sorry everyone else for dragging the chain, I've had a busy week! Also WOO! Finally I'm doing some RP!))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: March 12, 2015, 10:07:13 am »

This is getting interesting. I will be busy for a couple of days or so, but feel free to keep planning stuff!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: March 12, 2015, 10:59:45 am »

I say, young fellow, things seem to be getting awful risky around here. I don't suppose you'd happen to know any spells good for defense, mm? Armor and the like?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: March 12, 2015, 11:00:37 am »

I say, young fellow who is notably un-Igorlike, things seem to be getting awful risky around here. I don't suppose you'd happen to know any spells good for defense, mm? Armor and the like?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: March 12, 2015, 11:17:25 am »

((Dammit, should have done porcelain and silver.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: March 12, 2015, 12:19:05 pm »

I say, young fellow who is notably un-Igorlike, things seem to be getting awful risky around here. I don't suppose you'd happen to know any spells good for defense, mm? Armor and the like?
"Why yes I do indeed."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: March 12, 2015, 03:37:28 pm »

"Ah. Yes I probably should have made my alliances (as few, but strong, as they are) clearer. My Bad. But to the more pressing issue.."

"This is precisely the reason I considered the whole conflict so... non-fortuitous. I would have valued quite a fair bit more time to prepare, to be honest something like 15 more full pool-burns.
As inelegant as it is there is a simple solution to this issue, one with minimum of death, minimum of effort for all and Mr Clankypants doesn't leave with the souls. Berius may need to self-terminate.
"

"This sets back everyone in this pit, simply by value of wasted souls, but in my current state (as decent as it may be) I am not sure whether I would be much assistance either. As I have previously covered Clank&Spanx has at least 20 souls, as with the 10-souls-less threshold, and he only appeared when someone had 10 or more."

"He has also had MUCH more time to prepare, and has colleagues with a much more thorough knowledge of this Codex than we. I'm not saying 'let this guy rule your fate'. I'm saying lets whoop his ass, using his self-imposed constraints (no harvesting <soul limits) against him and his crew to prepare properly."

"As much as I actually hate to say it, until I can at least assess what the hell these hellspawn ARE I won't be entering that room. I will however assist you this one turn if you would like me to help you make some half-decent equipment, or full-body transform you. I would recommend some silver somewhere regardless. This guy likes souls, of both the tasty kind and the annoying green and necromantic kind."

((PM me any words you want me to say, 5 for equipment either one bit or several, or 4 for full-body-transform to allow for the "target what I am looking at" word.))
((Also sorry everyone else for dragging the chain, I've had a busy week! Also WOO! Finally I'm doing some RP!))

"You misunderstand the enormity of my quest here. I would ask that all participants of this game join. At the same time. He may be strong, but quantity has a quality all of it's own. I doubt his hellspawn could stand up to a concentrated assault by all eight players."

"Make no doubt, it would not be easy. He appears to have strength abounds and can probably take as many hits as he can give, but I have noticed that he is rather clumsy, and perhaps not that fast. Additionally, as a Chaos oriented creature, creatures and attacks Order would be highly motivated to seek and destroy him."

"And call it what you will, vain, stupid, whatever, Beirus has MY points. I am not letting them escape, even if they are being used by another. I've not much left to lose, now. If you are worried about preparations, he has become small and light, with a repulsive field besides. I have faith that he will at the very least delay him for a sufficient amount of time."

"If this is not sufficient to motivate you, I do have a request yes. I need a crossbow, and I need silver bolts that will inflict Order aligned Acid. Perhaps the word for bolt as well."

"If you are feeling particularly generous, do you have the word for 'Multiple'? If in the end I cannot aid Beirus, he will find the word useful during his battle."
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: March 12, 2015, 04:28:01 pm »

((Multiple Order Dragons could be fun.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: March 12, 2015, 05:14:40 pm »

((Multiple Dragon Dragon Steel at-sight Move Order " would probbably instakill anything even without chunky salsa rules.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: March 12, 2015, 09:25:48 pm »

I have to say that there is neither order nor chaos in this game. The opposing forces are of a totally different nature.

Also, you already know which effects do the opposing words have when used as an attack. Or at least should know by this time.

((Multiple Dragon Dragon Steel at-sight Move Order " would probbably instakill anything even without chunky salsa rules.))

So, why do you believe this can so lethal, may I ask?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: March 12, 2015, 09:32:26 pm »

I don't actually recall anyone actually using them aside from that one time someone transformed into both Heaven and Hell or whatever, and the two sides tore each other apart and killed him.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: March 12, 2015, 10:15:06 pm »

"You misunderstand the enormity of my quest here. I would ask that all participants of this game join. At the same time. He may be strong, but quantity has a quality all of it's own. I doubt his hellspawn could stand up to a concentrated assault by all eight players."
-snip "order" related chatter-
"And call it what you will, vain, stupid, whatever, Beirus has MY points. I am not letting them escape, even if they are being used by another. I've not much left to lose, now. If you are worried about preparations, he has become small and light, with a repulsive field besides. I have faith that he will at the very least delay him for a sufficient amount of time."

"If this is not sufficient to motivate you, I do have a request yes. I need a crossbow, and I need silver bolts that will inflict Order aligned Acid. Perhaps the word for bolt as well."

"If you are feeling particularly generous, do you have the word for 'Multiple'? If in the end I cannot aid Beirus, he will find the word useful during his battle."

"If you can get EVERYONE else to agree, like you claim you will, then I will join the frey. I have a plan for that eventuality. He. He. Heh. IronButt won't like what I have in mind" :D

"Until then: I can make you a crossbow (or a normal bow), hell, I could make you a very nice crossbow, but alas I do not know the word for bolts.

'Multiple'+'arrows' however. This I can do.
I'd say your best bet would be to make (or have made) STEEL_BOW_STAFF or something similar (or if made by someone with more pool than you, I'd throw in FUTURISTIC and/or a melee weapon word for more options), should give you something similar to a crossbow, but compatible with arrows
As far as arrows go, I could cook up some MULTIPLE_SILVER_ACID_ABSORB_STEEL arrows.
Even MULTIPLE_SILVER_ARROWS_EXPLODE_ACID. I like the latter (Mostly because I am somewhat steel, but also explosions of acid :P) just don't play drums with them." ;D
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: March 12, 2015, 10:49:12 pm »

I don't actually recall anyone actually using them aside from that one time someone transformed into both Heaven and Hell or whatever, and the two sides tore each other apart and killed him.
((That was me. I made sheep. They didn't kill me. Also, guessing it's Hallowed and Corruption. Or was that Toaster's game?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: March 13, 2015, 12:50:01 am »

Yeah, that was mine.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 197