Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317918 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: BOSS FIGHT!
« Reply #2145 on: March 14, 2015, 03:16:03 pm »

Turn 106

im doing a new action.

PM

my oold action was for research that I no longer need.

[Pot:5+1=6]
A thick, golden line appears and draws a really long rapier. With a flash of light, it materializes into silver and falls to the ground. Damn, that thing looks heavy, and not really sharp.

-Big Silver Rapier:
[Minor piercing]
[Very Heavy]

"Beep Boop"

I say, young fellow who is notably un-Igorlike, things seem to be getting awful risky around here. I don't suppose you'd happen to know any spells good for defense, mm? Armor and the like?

TNI keeps doing some science:

[Pot:4]
A golden line appears and draws a battle axe, one with two Tesla things near the handle, working as an odd kind of arm-guard. There is also a crank on one of the flat sides of the axe. With a flash of light, it turns into solid steel, with the Tesla thingies emitting an arc of electricity between them. You briefly consider grabbing it, but then realize that Steel conducts electricity, and that this may be a bad idea.

[Pot:4]
You begin to glow with light, the magic having settled in your body, and awaiting your command. You activate it, and find yourself made of iron! And also from a bunch of gears, cranks and even a steaming pipe on top of you. You have become a clanking steel man!

Clanking steel man:
[Smooth surface]
[Yields]

Doris, on the other hand, seems to have another thing in mind:

[Pot:4-1=3]
That point in the wall that you were casually staring decided to glow a little, the size of the glow being quite small. After a brief time, it flashed with light, revealing now a lion made of steel, that could rather fit a teenager of their species more than a fully developed adult. After it realized that it was alive, it stared at both Doris and TNI. Its intentions probably aren't healthy for them.

Quote from: EP
PM

You have a wonderful idea in mind:

[Pot:2+1=3]
[Wil:1-1=0]

A small boomerang, made of iron and cackling with electricity, materializes in front of you. You wonder about how cool would it be to use it. "If only I knew" the Wizard thinks.

"I"

"I"

"I"

Then for some reason the boomerang flies at you!

[Dex:3] Not enough!
[End:3-1=2] A bit close, but still not enough!

It hits you straight on you gut. Its form doesn't do much, but you are filled with electricity, and it leaves you weakened.

[Slight paralysis]

Also, the boomerang has lost its charge.

Quote from: Derm
PM

Orc Derm focuses his inner rage:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Quote from: Bigf00t
PM

You attempt to create something great! Maybe. You hope it doesn't cripple you.

A thick golden line appears, and draws a bastard sword! It is big, but you believe you can handle it. With a flash of light, it materializes into steel!  You try to grab it, and notice that it is pushing you away as you try to do so.

[Pot:6+1=7]
You get a blob of a black liquid, somewhat rubbery in texture.

Damned hall spawn.

The SPESS WHIZHARD attempts to invent something!

[Pot:6]
A thick golden line appears, and it draws an odd-looking piece that is supposed to be worn on your torso. It seems to be decorated with various gears, and enhanced with some tubes which have cool-looking futuristic rings on them. It disappears shortly after, though.

Okay, it may be cool in theory. Just in theory.

"Damn, that spell wasn't as strong as I wanted. No matter, Tim, you will learn the power of the porcelain before this is over. Shall we begin?"

The Doomknight briefly stops his warming up, and says something:

"Let me do something, if you don't mind..." he says to Robert, then proceeds to shout:

"GUIDE, ACTIVATE!"

"Guide, activated" was heard in Robert's mind shortly after, as he saw a humanoid head phasing through the ceiling, made from the same repulsive energy that now constitutes a layer of his body. It floated towards the Knight, and then stayed in front of him, their heads at the same altitude. Robert notices that its ears are rather pointy and elongated.

"Engage boss battle sequence"

"Engaging. Playing track named: Badass boss track for SHUT UP AND DO IT!" the Knight interrupts the entity. It just stays there, for a second, then the music comes.

[♪]

The Knight then prepares himself for the battle.

Robert begins the fight by rushing to his foe, and quickly casting a spell when he is near enough:

[Robert dex:5+1+1=7]
[DM dex:1+1+1+1+1=5]

[Robert will:6+1=7]
[DM will:1]

A cone of acid materializes between Robert and the Doomknight. The dire situation that both combatants have to face prevents them from seeing something that lies within it.

Robert quickly jumps back to evade the hazard, having prepared for doing that this whole time, but some little drops of acid reach his right leg, carving an opening in that place, but leaving his red flesh untouched.

THAT WAS A NICE SET OF ARMOR YOU HAVE JUST- but he begins to stare at something. That phenomenon that was within the acid, that now that has dispersed is able to be seen. An odd ripple in the fabric of reality, emitting a strong silver light. A motionless eye can be seen within, and it stares back, somehow at both combatants at the same time. Robert turns his gaze away, but the Knight doesn't.

"It's..It's..."

But what he was going to say is suddenly interrupted, as a silvery rune is formed in the front of his helmet, and ordered patterns materialize in his armor. He looks at you, his expression can't be read through the helmet, but you can hear a loud, yet high pitched tone roar.

And it sounds angry.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorsidwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: BOSS FIGHT!
« Reply #2146 on: March 14, 2015, 03:17:31 pm »

Wil: 1-1
Darn it, dice.

Attempt to keep my mind clear as I pick up the boomerang.

Actually, no. I have a better idea.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: March 14, 2015, 03:33:31 pm »

... Huh. That didn't work like I thought it did.

Well. I don't think he's in a position to activate his Hellhounds, at least?

Oh hells.

Everyone to the Greenhouse room, NOW!

Meanwhile, I'm going to try to get one of them 'NPC points'
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 03:45:52 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: March 14, 2015, 03:41:54 pm »

Meanwhile, I'm going to try to get one of then 'NPC points'

What?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: March 14, 2015, 03:45:11 pm »

You said that you could get points by killing some NPC's. There's a suspicious vine statue in the Greenhouse room.

Conservation of detail makes it so that everything mentioned has some sort of purpose. Thus, the vine statue must do something. You make so many of these things and we just all ignore them all the time, might as well try to figure out why.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: March 14, 2015, 03:50:20 pm »

You said that you could get points by killing some NPC's. There's a suspicious vine statue in the Greenhouse room.

Conservation of detail makes it so that everything mentioned has some sort of purpose. Thus, the vine statue must do something. You make so many of these things and we just all ignore them all the time, might as well try to figure out why.
I thought a player requested being turned into a statue?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: March 14, 2015, 03:50:41 pm »

You said that you could get points by killing some NPC's.
I already told you all about this. Some random forumite once came and said "Hey, the other means of getting souls is killing the stuff in the arena, like the Reaper and the stone thingy in the pool of water inside the Greenhouse Room" or something like that. And I said that he was correct.

He is Jack, who rolled so badly in pot and will that he transformed himself into vines and died. Later, the being under the pool of water transformed it into a better sculpture than that of a man realizing that he is about to die.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: March 14, 2015, 03:52:50 pm »

Okay, so there's still a thing in the lake that can give points when it dies.

Revision: Aim at the lake in general.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: March 14, 2015, 03:55:11 pm »

... Huh. That didn't work like I thought it did.

Well. I don't think he's in a position to activate his Hellhounds, at least?

Oh hells.

See that? That is why I don't always listen to you. Those points in Will came in handy.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: March 14, 2015, 03:57:53 pm »

You got a six.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: March 15, 2015, 12:08:23 am »

... By the time everyone (or anyone who comes) gets here, the "order" control will probably have worn off.

If you want this kit as-planned it'll take two turns, however I CAN spit out "steel crossbow" and "many steel bolts/ammo" in one turn, or you could make the crossbow and I could spit out some rad arrows (I'm thinking the "explode into acid" ones).

It might be best if you made your crossbow, and I'll make the ammo, so then next turn I can make myself some more kit and you'll have half-decent gear asap.

BTW any words you feel like donating for this gear generation would be quite appreciated ;)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: March 15, 2015, 12:12:34 am »

It takes like one turn to make that much of a movement.

Also I'm not sure what you'd want, it seems like you've got it worked out. Obsidian?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: March 15, 2015, 12:17:11 am »

((I think Tim's will save was low enough it should affect him for a few turns. Ya'll should have time to gear up and still help if you want to.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: March 15, 2015, 03:31:48 am »

How does the word for "really sticky black goo" sound? Useful?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: March 15, 2015, 08:46:53 pm »

It takes like one turn to make that much of a movement.

Also I'm not sure what you'd want, it seems like you've got it worked out. Obsidian?
How does the word for "really sticky black goo" sound? Useful?
I already have both, as I'd assume the latter is Pitch, although if you combined two words for the sticky mess one of them might be for the "goo" form word and that would be cool to have :P
After my class I might make a list of words I DONT have, although then the GM will be able to have Karen "read my mind" for my wordlist completion. Meta is an intriguing thing ;D
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 197