Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317853 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Now with metal whips!
« Reply #2370 on: May 11, 2015, 06:59:36 pm »

try agian
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: May 11, 2015, 07:47:23 pm »

Oh boy.
Quick, take notes on the ritual! We might be able to use it later!
It was fluff. You can't summon a boss like that. That's why challenge mode exists.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: May 11, 2015, 08:14:11 pm »

Oh boy.
Quick, take notes on the ritual! We might be able to use it later!
It was fluff. You can't summon a boss like that. That's why challenge mode exists.
Aw.

It would be really cool if the ritual actually worked though.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: May 14, 2015, 03:49:34 pm »

*broken robot noises* Error Malfunction Help Please*broken robot noises*

Be depressed.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Finally some escalation.
« Reply #2374 on: May 15, 2015, 07:36:22 am »

Turn 116

I guess it's SCIENCE time again.

You begin your magic journey by doing science!

[Pot:2]
You briefly sense something glowing, and a disturbance around you. Odd.

[Pot:2]
A tiny ball of something colorful and cold falls to the ground, making a splat noise.

[Pot:5]
A chunk of platinum appears and falls to the ground, making a heavy thud noise. You would be rich had you not been trapped in an arena to fight for your life.

[Pot:3]
You get a small vision of a cloth doll full of needles. What?

You get a golden line that draws a vaguely ovoid shape, which is not really defined at all.

Well, you got some information here, right?

Oh boy.

Quote from: EP
PM

You grab the Flimsy Wizard from his tiny head and carry him towards the Grand Room. The scene is funny, for everyone involved excluding the Wizard. Anyway, you arrive to the Grand Room.

Derm goes first with his science:

[Pot:5+1=6]
A thick line appears and draws a huge, two-handed bastard sword.

[Pot:1+1=2]
You get a shard of something shiny and metallic.

[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick, golden line appears and draws a big bull, complete with horns and everything. You don't want to be on his way had it been alive.

[Pot:5+1=6]
You get a big chunk of lead. Meh.

[Pot:3+1=4]
Now a pair of claws are drawn out of a line.

Well, that was, insightful? It is worth mentioning that Derm forgot to charge his crossbow, but he doesn't have to shoot anyone. Yet.

The Flimsy Wizard, on the other hand, repeats his last spells, trying to confirm some information:

[Pot:2+1=3]
A small chunk of steel materializes in front of you and falls to the ground with a force that indicates that not only gravity moved it.

[Pot:6+1=7]
Now a huge ball of assorted sacks, cables and random biometal parts appears in front of you, and they also fall incredibly quickly towards the ground, producing wet, rubbery sounds as they crash against it.

You get two small chunks: one is made out of shiny steel, the other out of rough iron.

Well, you got what you wanted, right?

Meanwhile, Robert does his thing:

Quote from: Beirus
PM

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR

try agian

Quote from: Bigf01t
PM

Both endlessblaze and Bigf01t engage in a rush to see who does science faster. Because reasons.

[endlessblaze spd:4-1=3]
[Bigf01t spd:3]

Well, both of them cast a spell at the same time.

[endless pot:6+1=7]
A thick line appears and draws a big desk. Yeah?

On the other hand, Bigf01t cast his own spell:

A golden line appears, and draws what would be a sword-shaped knife. With a flash of light, it materializes into steel, and the sound of newly arrived damned souls joins that of your terrific morningstar.

-Diamond-destroying necrosteel dagger.
[Has an edge]
[Piercing weapon]
[Light]
[Unholy:3]
Deals one acid damage to diamond on contact.

Bigf01t then throws his flesh control chunk of flesh towards the magma moat. The smell of burnt flesh is accompanied by the magma throwing the now charred chunk back, and a magma head poking out of the moat giving Bigf01t a warning stare. Fortunately, it goes back inside.

Well, now, it is time for combat!

Bigf01t wields his morningstar, and he tries to command his dagger to attack endless!

[Bigf01t will:5]

[Bigf01t dex:2+1+1=4]
[endless dex:5]

The dagger levitates! And it is then fired in endless' direction! But endless sees that cursed dagger coming at the last second and ducks, the dagger falling to the floor after losing momentum.

And here comes the morningstar:

[Bigf01t dex:4-1=3]
[endless dex:3-1=2]

[Bigf01t str:6+1+1=8]

[endless will:5]

The morningstar hit the unsuspecting endless squarely in the chest! The force of the blow was tremendous, and the only reason endless didn't die was because he was made of one of the most resistant materials in the world. Still the amount of cracks across his chest is really serious, and the spirits inside the morningstar managed to nibble on his soul a little bit.

Chest has a lot of cracks! (not telling you exact damage, because of crystaline structure)
Soul meter:5/6

As this fight was happening, the Space Wizard, fully armored and carrying a steel whip, made his way past both combatants:

-snip-

*broken robot noises* Error Malfunction Help Please*broken robot noises*

Be depressed.

As the broken robot was cursing about his bad luck, the Speshh Wizhard! came into the room! And he is carrying a nasty weapon! He starts the conversation with a spell:

[Thrakor pot:6]

[Thrakor end:3]
[TNI end:4-1=3]

An expansing cone of crackling electricity forms in front of the Wizard and the robot, both of them suffering its shocking effects!

Both of them have [Paralysis]

((Let me make you remember that, in case you want to trigger the dodge your pot mechanic, the spell has to be aimed. A cone in front of you is not aimed (no dexterity or will involved), and has the safe effects as just casting the word alone on somebody's face. The only difference with that is that the cone could hit multiple people in front of you))

But then the Wizard pressures on with his whip!

[Thrakor dex:4]
[TNI dex:3-1-1=1] ((Didn't add the paralysis thing because both of you have it))

[Thrakor str:1-1=0]

The whip quickly circles TNI's chest, wrapping itself around it, where it begins to slowly carve its way, the steel of his chest slowly disappearing as it comes in contact with the whip.

((You are now both considered wrestling. This means that, unless TNI breaks the grab, or Thrakor lets the whip go, you have a -2 dex malus to outside attackers.))

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Finally some escalation.
« Reply #2375 on: May 15, 2015, 08:09:55 am »

"When a problem comes along..."

Before the cream sits out too long...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: May 15, 2015, 01:55:42 pm »

Well. that happened. You two don' goofed.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: May 15, 2015, 05:36:00 pm »

More testing is needed.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: May 16, 2015, 04:48:58 am »

I'm hoping you don't mean me.
(I'll turn post sometime in the next 6-12 hours, when I have time, sorry)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: May 16, 2015, 07:02:14 am »

Information was forgotten or missing.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: May 16, 2015, 08:58:31 pm »

*Broken robot noises* Aaaah noo why? You're mean. Help please!*Broken robot noises*
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: May 17, 2015, 09:35:35 am »

Okey-doky [endless] poky.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Beirus continues to be badass.
« Reply #2382 on: May 18, 2015, 04:49:21 pm »

Turn 117

More testing is needed.

You try more words:

You being being circled by assorted bones, ranging from small ones to full skulls. They rotate around you, never touching you. When you extend your arms, they bones keep the same distance from them. It seems that they will obstruct you from interacting with elements from the outside, but will likely prevent said elements from outside from reaching you. Maybe.

-Bone aura:
1/2 chance to reduce strength of successful attacks by 2
Three uses left

You hear the chord of an electric guitar.

You can see a small bone materializing in front of you and falling to the ground. You can't really reach it without having the rest of your aura collide with it.

Now a big femur appears. You can't reach this one either.

Hey, looks like you are a bonemancer of some kind.

Okey-doky [endless] poky.

Quote from: endlessblaze
PM

[Bigf01t spd:3]
[endless spd:3]

spd tie:

[Bigf01t spd:1]
[endless spd:3]

Endless begins by quickly casting a spell:

He flashes with light, and finds himself in his fleshy form again. And with flesh, comes pain, the mace strike upon his chest being a little bit too much for a normal body to handle:

[End:3-1=2]
And he passes out from the pain, just before the magic can react. It still does so on its own, making endlessblaze's chest flash, and transforming it into... What? A pair of diamond wings? Seriously? And no chest to accompany them? Instead of a chest, now endlessblaze has a pair of diamond wings which join in the center, the point in which both fleshy legs and fleshy head are attached to it. Overall, had he not fell unconscious, he would have looked like a bodiless dwarf who had somehow sprouted crystalline wings.

Bigf01t shrugs. At least he can easily kill this guy:

[Str:6+1=7]
And a swift mace strike to the head does the job. A white smoke line comes from enldess' chest and gets into Bigf01t's body, as a green spectral version of endless' face is absorbed by the morningstar, covered in gore.

endlessblaze is dead! Bigf01t gains a stat point!

Quote from: EP
PM

The Flimsy Wizard keeps doing science!

A shard of steel appears and plummets downwards.

[Pot:3+1=4]
Now a chunk of steel appears, and falls unnaturally fast downwards.

[Pot:1+1=2]
You get a little bit of a red powder and a metallic shard.

For some reason, you have the sensation that you already scienced this.

Quote from: Beirus
PM

You use your focused magic potential to turn yourself into something hopefully awesome:

[Pot:4+1+1=6]
You flash with light, and you are briefly back at human form. Your leg hurts a lot, and the wide slash left by the DoomKnight is bleeding. You don't suffer this much, though, as you quickly flash with light, and find yourself back in a form you are too familiar with by this time. Derm, on the other hand, watches you quite amazed.

What he can see is a reptilian, enveloped in a translucent golden form, but below it,  it is submerged in an ocean of swirling shadows. Some of them occasionally extend from the main body of the beast, materializing as terrifying faces, whose opened mouths and eyes hold nothing but a evil red glow inside. The back of the creature sports different sized spears pointing towards the ceiling, each and single one of them with a platinum skull embedded on the edge, some of them opened, some closed, some ones even appear to be laughing, the shadows playing with them from time to time. The upper face of the dragon is covered in a huge platinum mask, its width spanning twice that of the head, and decorated with a basic pattern composed of straight lines arranged so that they look like a big, scary face, with triangular carvings for the eyes. Platinum feathers decorate the top of the mask, and they seem thin and flexible enough to move and accompany the movements of the Dragon's head. The bottom of the face is not covered by the mask, but some thin platinum threads appear to be joining together the jaws like if them had been sewn shut, but they are loose enough that the mouth can normally open, close, and bite. A pair of skulls fastened to the dragon ears through chains serve as terrifying pendants. The repulsive energy gives the figure an eerie glow, which combined with the darkness gives the impression that one is facing a nightmarish God. And the looks of the God seems to imply that he demands sacrifices. Living sacrifices.
The only thing that makes it less impotent is the fact that he is still somewhat small.

Wound in leg has been fixed!

You are now a small voodoo platinum dragon with darkness and repulsive energy covering!
[Small]
[Naturally sharp]
[Yields]
[Smooth surface]
[Repulsive energy 6/6]
[Enveloping darkness 6 (Random)]

Seeing as neither you nor Robert hear any sound coming form the Magma Room, you decide to check the Greenhouse Room.

"When a problem comes along..."

Before the cream sits out too long...

*Broken robot noises* Aaaah noo why? You're mean. Help please!*Broken robot noises*

[Robert spd:1+1-1=1]
[Derm spd:6-1+1=6]
[Thrakor spd:3-2=1]
[TNI spd:4-1-2-1=0]

While Robert ponders whether it would be wise to use his breath weapon (after all, he doesn't know if it would be able to pierce his energy veil, or if it does, if the veil will be destroyed), Derm rushes to aid... that guy who got quite the beating.

He enter the room and finds both him and the Sphess Wzhaaarrd fighting. It is going to be complicated to aim at one in particular, but, well, he has to do something:

[Derm pot:5+1=6]
[Derm dex:1] ((The roll is because of the wrestling and the target in movement))

But, unfortunately, the confusion of the whip guy and the robot guy wrestling makes the spell end up on the wrong target:

[Thrakor will:4]
The Sphess Whizard instinctively tries to resist the magical energies trying to transform him, but Derm's power provides to be too much, and so Thrakor begins to glow. The magic doesn't ask permission, and it transforms him into a dragon. But not any dragon. Made of silver, the beast has a refined and smooth surface, with a kind of tank on its back, filled with a green mess of swirling souls. The tank connects to the jaw of the beast, and Thrakor feels that he could actually siphon souls from that place just by moving some muscles. His armor has somewhat adapted to his new body, but it is uncomfortable.

Thrakor has been temporarily transformed into a futuristic silver dragon that shoots ectoplasm!
[Heavy]
[Naturally sharp]
[Yields]
[Smooth surface]

Okay, this was definitely not what Derm wanted.

Not Igor uses this opportunity to get rid of the whip. Unfortunately, by this time it has caused more damage to his chest.

Chest is now [Slightly mauled]

But he still tries to hit Thrakor with his axe:

[TNI dex:6-1-1=4]
[Thrakor dex:1-1=0]

[TNI str:5-1=4]
[Thrakor end:1]
And the electric axe finds purchase in Thrakor's right front leg, where the axe leaves quite the mark, and also electrocutes the poor Thrakor.

Right front leg (right arm) is now [Mauled]. Thrakor is still under the effects of paralysis.

Jeez, this fight got weird all of a sudden. This is made worse when the imposing figure of Robert pokes his head into the room.

The Magician Formerly Known As Bucky appears in the Arcane Room. He is glad that he still has his trenchcoats.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Beirus continues to be badass.
« Reply #2383 on: May 18, 2015, 05:01:01 pm »

O RLY?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Beirus continues to be badass.
« Reply #2384 on: May 18, 2015, 05:50:55 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

DERM AVENGE ME!

-rewaitlist.

Same char and sheet. Explain my resurrection as a large rush of magic energy holding the core parts of my soul (the parts that arent absorbed) together untill it could gather enough energy to reform completely.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 197