Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317267 times)

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Hydra vs Ghost Rider. Like the title of a B-movie.
« Reply #2670 on: September 23, 2015, 10:04:47 pm »

I've been really bad at remembering things lately.
Let's try to fix things.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Murderous Hippo strikes again!
« Reply #2671 on: September 25, 2015, 10:18:26 am »

Turn 131

I've been really bad at remembering things lately.
Let's try to fix things.

You really hope this works:

[Pot:6]
You find yourself glowing, and suddenly flash with light, the intrusive magic taking the decision to transform you by itself. You find that you are made out of platinum, for some reason. You also notice that the more you touch any part of your still-alive body, it becomes smoother and cleaner, like new skin. The lifeless materials are still attached to your body, so that may be an impediment.

Platinum body:
[Smooth surface]
[Heavy]

You then do another spell:

[Pot:4]
The blood circling your body is quickly replaced by some fist-sized rocks going around you.

-Rock aura:
1/2 chance of attackers getting hit by a 3 strength blunt attack.
Two uses left.

Where the hell is Beirus?

Tiny Shiny Terrifying Dragon 2: The Search for a Better Name.

I could have sworn I posted an action.  I even remember my plan.

Quote from: NAV
PM

Quote from: endlessblaze
PM

[Derm spd:4+1-1-1=3]
[Robert spd:3+1=4]
[Thrakor spd:5]
[Keeper spd:6-1=5]
[endlessblaze spd:2-1-1-1=-1]

The Shpess Whizard attempts to hit Derm out of spite just before executing his plan. He aims the hand-axe at Derm and hurls it at him:

[Thrakor str:2-1=1]

But the pathetic throw just ends up curving downwards and falling into the ground, while the almost-solidified magma axe just scatters, somewhat. Not being totally an axe, nor totally a blob of inert stone. Yet. Well, it seems to have completely cooled down, at least.

Thrakor then just does some magic:

[Pot:4]
He flashes with light, revealing a pale human, so pale that he almost seems to lack any measure of blood. He has problems feeling everything, and is completely exhausted. This probably has to do with the energy loss with heat. Fortunately for the Whizard, he manages to order the magic to react, and with that he flashes again. He can't feel the weakness of his body any more. Instead, he looks at his hands, now made completely out of obsidian, sporting some obsidian fingerless gloves with some rounded studs on them. A biker jacket, with some shoulder pads with even more studs, is the obsidian piece of equipment he finds to be wearing on his upper half, with a simple obsidian trouser, but with a thick belt, one with a buckle with a flaming skull carved on it. An obsidian chain seems to be simply attached to his waist, hanging from there, but without being able to manipulate it freely. After touching his head, Thrakor discovered that he is now sporting a spiked mohawk as his new haircut. He can't really say that he dislikes his new bad-guy appearance.

Thrakor is now an obsidian punk:
[Crystaline structure]
[Heavy]

Meanwhile, the Keeper keeps trying to bash the hell out of that biometal dragon that almost destroyed one of its arms. But first, the dragon attempts to break free:

[TNI str:5-1=4]
[Keeper str:3+1=4]

And he almost succeeds! But unfortunately the Keeper puts all its weight on him and prevents his escape. He then adjusts his grip on the dragon's head and tries to bash it against the cold stone floor:

[Keeper str:2+1=3]
And some repeated beating manages to slightly curve the dragon's jaw inwards, somewhat. That biometal thing is too resistant to bashing, it seems.

The scene is interrupted when the Tribal fiend enters the enclosed space where the stone giant is keeping its victim. He then casts a spell:

[Robert pot:6+1=7]

The space around the fiend suddenly becomes obscured with a semi-transparent black substance. The Keeper reacts by quickly trying to shove the dragon over himself, so that the waist-level void thingy doesn't end with his own matter:

[Keeper str:1+1=2]
[TNI str:1-1=0]

He manages to roll and put the dragon over it. But the pulling force form the void is still too much for the giant, and so it quickly attempts to yank some stones from the ground to protect itself:

[Keeper will:5+2=7]

And he encases himself in stone, releasing the dragon, which only manages to wiggle before one full leg is swallowed by the void.

The Keeper is now encased in a thin stone layer. TNI lacks one of his forelegs, giving him a 1/2 chance to have a -1 to dex and speed (as long as he stays as a four-legged animal).

The void that still is hanging around is then dispersed by a rush of golden repulsive energy, and it cancels itself with the air.

Derm finds that throwing water to Thrakor would be pretty useless right now, and so he just attempts to destroy the Keeper with his infamous arcane beams:

[Derm pot:4+1=5]
[Derm dex:5]
[Keeper dex: 0] (Fixed, because he is encased in stone).

A blob of octariney energy is fired towards the sturdy self-imposed prison of the Keeper. It collides and explodes it, and affects part of the arm that was until now healthy, taking a small chunk out of it.

Endlessblaze crawls to the Greenhouse Room, too late to do anything.

AGAIN!

Keep shield up and ready, use WILL-POWARS to help aim my rapier, get to poking at Hydra with ma pointy-stiik

((just to clarify certain things: you will powers allow you to move things as if they were part of your body. As you are already controlling the shield with your arms, it would be pointless to use your will too.))

[Bigf01t spd:6]
[Hydra spd:6-1=5]

Bigf01t attempts to strike again:

[Bigf01t dex:5+1=6]
[Hydra dex:4-1=3]

[Bigf01t str:2]
[Hydra will:5] 1 soul damage

A slight poke is enough to get the souls of the damned to begin chewing on the Hydra. Unfortunately, they seem to be awfully slow at doing so. The thing now tries to bite him, with all its fearsome heads:

[Hydra dex:6]
[Bigf01tt dex:6+1=7]

The canine head barely misses one of Bigf01t's legs, but here comes the avian one:

[Hydra dex:2]
[Bigf01t dex:6-1=5]

But the creature was too disoriented from its last miss, the head just bites at the air, while Bigf01t uses the opportunity to circle around it and stab the beast in the back:

[Bigf01t dex:4+1=5]
[Hydra dex:1]

[Bigf01t str:3+1+1=5]
[Hydra will:6] still 1 soul damage, because it is rounded up.

The unholy weapon of necromantic power goes deep inside the back of the beast. It growls with all its heads and twists away from it, seemingly without no further harm that a hole in the naked flesh. Oddly enough, no blood is coming out of it. The creature then finishes to shake off most of the tar that was covering it.

Quote from: FallacyofUrist
NO ACTION. TOO LATE TO DO ANYTHING

Splat after splat, Cranky's body was crushed and stomped again and again, until something akin to a red paste with barely distinguishable clothes was the only thing that was left out of him. The Murderous Hippo absorbs his soul with a roar, and begins to search for more victims.

Redz Biltubacca appears in the center of the Arcane Room. His red and orange robe, designed in a fashion that emulate flames, is not intimidating at all compared to the arcane sparks that occasionally occur in that room.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Murderous Hippo strikes again!
« Reply #2672 on: September 25, 2015, 10:23:44 am »

COME THE FUCK ON
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: September 25, 2015, 10:55:22 am »

Check words.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: September 25, 2015, 10:59:03 am »

I see no problems with this new arrangement.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: September 30, 2015, 02:00:11 am »

Stand back, wait for the opportune moment and WORD.
Feel free to counter attack at any available opportunity.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Derm gets stomped in the face. The crowd cheers!
« Reply #2676 on: October 07, 2015, 01:39:46 pm »

Turn 132

Check words.

Your first action upon entering the arena is to check potentially useful words, without any kind of preventive measures:

[Pot:2+1=3]
[Str:3-1=2]

A small mass of a semi-transparent black substance quickly appears and unexpectedly sucks in Redz's hand! Now he is bleeding. And it hurts. And why did he really think that summoning a black hole was a good idea?

Left hand is missing!
-1 to wrestling
Can't dual wield.
You have [Bleeding II]

Redz decides against attempting more magic for now, realizing that it would be quite dangerous to attempt it while injured, and while risking another black hole to appear.

COME THE FUCK ON

I see no problems with this new arrangement.

Quote from: NAV
PM

Quote from: endlessblaze
PM

[Derm spd:4+1-1-1=3]
[Thrakor spd:5-1=4]
[TNI spd:4-1=3]
[Endless spd:3-1-1=1]
[Keeper spd:1-1=0]

Thrakor rushes to Dem with hopes of stealing that precious staff from him:

[Thrakor dex:1-1=0]
[Derm dex:5+1-1=5]

Counter-attack: tripping

[Derm dex:2+1=3]
[Thrakor dex:2-1=1]

[Derm str:2-1=1]
[Thrakor dex:1-1=0]

But fortunately for Derm, he is quick enough to clumsily intercept Thrakor's leg with his own as his foe is throwing himself at him. The end result is Thrakor tripping and falling to the ground with a thud.

Thrakor is [On ground]

Derm then attempts to load his crossbow:

[Derm str:5-1=4]
And he advances quite a bit, but it is still not enough.

Meanwhile, a few meters to the south, Not Igor attempts to blast the Keeper with his powers:

[TNI pot:1]
[TNI dex:2]
[Beat your pot dex:5]

Again, the biometal dragon feels something odd, and again he clumsily spews more arcane energy towards the ground, leaving yet another hole there. He also seems to have lost some of his upper teeth and what would have been his left cheek had he been human and hadn't it vaporized.

One mass less to head. No further penalties yet.

endlessblaze, after finally managing to arrive here, attempts to attack the stone giant. First, though, he attempts to do something, for some reason:

[Pot:6]

And a pile of assorted biometal parts, including a multitude of sacks, conduits and who knows what else, appears in front of him.

Now, he decides it's time to kick some ass:

And he shouts a word! And for some reason it does nothing. He repeats it again, and nothing happens. It seems that the word doesn't actually exist. Who would have thought that proper diction was a requisite for magic?

((If it makes you feel better, I rolled it and you failed. But then I realized that you sent me a nonexistent word))

The Keeper, ponderous as it is, finally manages to recover from the arcane assault from Derm, and decides that he would be a good candidate for a nice beating. But, first, he extends his badly injured arms towards the plants of the Greenhouse Room:

[Keeper will:4+2=6]
He lifts both limbs, and a multitude of the bulbs are torn off from the soil. Then the Keeper twists them into vines with its mind, and then looks at Derm:

[Keeper dex:5+1-1=5]
[Derm dex:1+1-1-1=0]

And the vines are hurled at Derm, wrapping him somewhat and preventing him from moving with freedom!

Derm is covered in vines! He has -1 to dex until he breaks them. They count as a 6-pot spell.

And after this the Keeper charges, with the intent of stomping on Derm's head:

[Keeper dex:6+1-1-1=5]
[Derm dex:4+1-1-1-1-1=1]

[Keeper str:5+1+1=7] ((-2 for being soft))

The stomp bended Derm's head almost to the point it was flattened to the ground, but fortunately the biometal recovered some of its form. Somewhat. Nobody remembers Derm being so ugly before, even for the dark and emaciated orc he was.

Head is now [Heavily mauled]

Stand back, wait for the opportune moment and WORD.
Feel free to counter attack at any available opportunity.

[Bigf01t spd:4]
[Hydra spd:6]

The Hydra begins its onslaught once again! Bigf01t, rather than taking the offensive, decides to stay back and try to dodge the myriad of biting heads that are going to be unleashed upon him:

[Hydra dex:1]
[Bigf01t dex:2+1=3]

The gaping maw of teeth doesn't cover the distance quick enough, as Bigf01t jumps back, but the attack continues:

[Hydra dex:3]
[Bigf01t dex:5+1+1-1=6]

This time the bird head extends a little bit too much, a perfect opportunity for Bigf00t to extend his trusted weapon of doom into its throat:

[Bigf01t dex:1]
[Hydra dex:3]

But the neck provides to be too small to aim for a proper strike and so the thrust goes wide. The Hydra then retreats again. This time it doesn't roar, just stares at Bigf01t, waiting.

((You can't dodge and attack in the same turn. Sorry.))

Quote from: Beirus and Lost in Nowhere
NO ACTION

You both feel a chill running down your spine. You have the feeling that you are doing something wrong, and maybe a little too often.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Derm gets stomped in the face. The crowd cheers!
« Reply #2677 on: October 07, 2015, 01:43:57 pm »

I can work with this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: October 07, 2015, 01:44:50 pm »

WHY.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: October 07, 2015, 01:49:35 pm »

"Why not?"

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: October 07, 2015, 03:21:29 pm »

"DERM USE THE METAL I SUMMONED!"

get the word right this time!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: October 08, 2015, 12:45:59 am »

AGAAAIN!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: October 08, 2015, 01:52:30 am »

Didn't see that black hole coming. It might come in handy later tho.

Next!
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: October 09, 2015, 01:02:52 pm »

Escape and run away. Try to stay out of combat to recharge my pool.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: October 17, 2015, 05:37:26 pm »

Just popping in to say, that I'm quite busy right now, but a turn will be made eventually. But not too soon.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 197