Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Mainspring: Of Airships and Death: Airship Construction and Crew Sign-up Thread.  (Read 29466 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Well, the first 10 are the minimal crew. The full 23 is the recommended crew. The capacity is 40 members.
On the small boat, I would expect a pilot, one or two people to man the guns, and optionally someone to maintain it on route. The intent is to avoid direct confrontation, and is not intended for very long journeys. Like a TIE fighter. Except that's what the fighter modules are, so more like Jango Fett's ship or the Millennium Falcon. And then the big ship is a Star Destroyer (NOT a Death Star).

Also, do the stairs require hatches?
So you think one of your ships could be feasibly run by just 2 people? In that case, we could actually have a practice fight to warm up.
And no, they don't need hatches.

Or do you mean flabort's small boats? I'm easily confuzzled.
I was referring to flab's mini-boats.
Yours could hold a fair number of people.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

OK, so the total weight and cost for the VERY BOTTOM LEVEL, are 5,987, and 137,810 respectively. The floor is insulated from Tesla attacks with wooden plating on a metal floor, but the walls are not.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

FML. We need more people to submit ships, or we'll never match your monster for cost.
mastahcheese, how RP-heavy is this going to be? Are there going to be stops at cities, long journeys through empty skies, things like that? And also, am I automatically entitled to creating the captain of the ship I made, or is captaincy decided by some other method?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Sorry, just asking again, hope I'm not bugging anyone. I'm trying to figure out the dimensions that bunk beds might be, in pixels on this grid. Furniture is supposed to be in yellow too, but there are no yellow modules yet.

Also: due to calculations on the max weight before I lose all speed, I found out that 37*3 is 111. Completely irrelevant, but interesting.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:22:22 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, just asking again, hope I'm not bugging anyone. I'm trying to figure out the dimensions that bunk beds might be, in pixels on this grid. Furniture is supposed to be in yellow too, but there are no yellow modules yet.

Also: due to calculations on the max weight before I lose all speed, I found out that 37*3 is 111. Completely irrelevant, but interesting.
I figure bunk beds would be twice as long as walkspace.png in the modules folder, but that's just my two cents.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darkpaladin has been added to the OP. He's done.

I need Urist to fix his sheet, as you can't subtract points, and for Toastarrrrr to give me some weapon choices.
If everyone starts choosing the same weapons, I'll have to start getting creative. At least I've got steampunk and clockwork to use.

what do I need to change?

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile

Holy bagel. I just realized what I'm getting myself into by joining this game.

I WILL PREVAIL.

I will probably finish my ship either today or tomorrow, as soon as I can get some more work done on the update for my own RTD and get some homework done. >_<

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:01:25 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep at it, DAF, the more ships, the better.
I think I'll make a crewman in the meantime.
mastahcheese, the Airship construction Manual mentions an Airman's Supply Catalog. Could you give me a link? Also, I added the ammo to my ship. Is it complete now?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

...Wow, all this.

Sign me up as a potential crew(wo)man. Putting in sheet later on. o_o

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

(NOT a Death Star)
We need a laser. And then an impractically huge laser, so we can actually make a death star.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

mastahcheese, how RP-heavy is this going to be? Are there going to be stops at cities, long journeys through empty skies, things like that? And also, am I automatically entitled to creating the captain of the ship I made, or is captaincy decided by some other method?
Well, I was planning for all the crewmen to be players, but I'm starting to think that may not happen...
As for RP, I don't really care much for it. In-between rounds, I guess we could have a "city" phase where you get personal moneys or whatever.

I figure bunk beds would be twice as long as walkspace.png in the modules folder, but that's just my two cents.
This is sufficient.

I need Urist to fix his sheet, as you can't subtract points, and for Toastarrrrr to give me some weapon choices.
If everyone starts choosing the same weapons, I'll have to start getting creative. At least I've got steampunk and clockwork to use.
what do I need to change?
You set your intelligence to one. I'll go back and recheck the sheet to see of that was just a typo in a bit.

Keep at it, DAF, the more ships, the better.
I think I'll make a crewman in the meantime.
mastahcheese, the Airship construction Manual mentions an Airman's Supply Catalog. Could you give me a link? Also, I added the ammo to my ship. Is it complete now?
Here it is.
unfortunately, it's not a pdf, so you'll have to download it.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, so I got Urist's sheet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I fixed the 1 on INT, you actually need two more points to your stats, and your weapon choices.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Suggestion:  Throw the original test ship from PW's thread in the mix to serve as a standard-issue workhorse.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Suggestion:  Throw the original test ship from PW's thread in the mix to serve as a standard-issue workhorse.
Good plan, I'll go find that.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wkg0tqud2tn282l/1dbwPyV1Yv

That's the BLUE ship- the RED ship got the crap kicked out of it a bit.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14