Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172666 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1320 on: October 29, 2018, 06:13:34 pm »

My forefathers were racist sissies who were mad about a 2% tax increase and thought normal people were too stupid to vote. :p

That said, I'll drink to the subsistence of our society off the blood of dead gods.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1321 on: October 29, 2018, 06:46:32 pm »

That said, I'll drink to the subsistence of our society off the blood of dead gods.
[Bacchanal noises]

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: October 29, 2018, 07:13:09 pm »

I'm exactly drunk enough to be content. I must drink no more than necessary to remain this way.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: October 29, 2018, 07:36:30 pm »

I have recently concluded that the best way, and really, the only acceptable way, to experience the Little Mermaid levels in Kingdom Hearts 2 is with chemical assistance.

The homebrew songs are just so, so bad. Like there's a semblance of a beat to the song, but they don't use it to sing. It's just there if they want to, I guess.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: October 30, 2018, 06:10:01 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:02:24 pm by dragdeler »
let

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: October 30, 2018, 06:13:08 am »

Must. Drink. Moar.

I cannot abide my current level of depression. DEPLOY THE ALCOHOL DEFENSE.

Mission successful. Don't get comfy though. Depression is easily startled but will soon return. And in greater numbers...
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 30, 2018, 06:15:48 am »

Hangover anxiety/depression is the freaking worst.
Clearly the solution is to remain constantly intoxicated!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 30, 2018, 06:38:46 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:02:18 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 30, 2018, 06:43:09 am »

If you can work your way through the hipsterest stuff, California does actually have a fair selection of good beers. Keep an eye out for Stone if you like beers with a bit of attitude (read: hops) to them.

There are also other more "common" brands like Lagunitas and whatnot. In my experience and opinion, Sierra Nevada basically only has the one beer that's particularly noteworthy (Torpedo), but it's a widespread brand and easy to find if you wanna try them out. Might also try Anderson Valley, I seem to recall their IPA as being perfectly acceptable, but I'm not exactly the leading authority on IPAs... When I do have them, I just like them quite hoppy.

If you like darker beers, Colorado has the Great Divide brewery and their quite decent "Yeti" stout. There's also a microbrewery in Nevada called Tenaya Creek that has a good selection, but I don't know if they distribute much at all... I forget if it was God of Thunder or their imperial stout that I liked best, most of what I remember of that experience is that they sold growlers of it. They also have a barleywine called Jackalope that's got a bit of a punch to it.

Don't tell me the japanese weren't able to reverse engineer beer; it would be a first.
Kirin/Sapporo are perfectly fine if you're eating something tasty and want something bubbly and non-threatening to wash it down with. Other than that... I think they just focus on different things with their beer, honestly.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 30, 2018, 07:22:28 am »

Got drunk again last night. Twice in three days, after a lifetime of being more-or-less teetotal.  I've also learnt that I need to drink less, because last night I was proper drunk and although I said lots of things I needed to say, I was also very depressing.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 11:10:24 am by Rowanas »
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 30, 2018, 10:57:14 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:02:06 pm by dragdeler »
let

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: October 30, 2018, 11:10:34 am »

proper drunk? by god you must be huge

?
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: October 30, 2018, 11:33:35 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:02:11 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 30, 2018, 02:25:00 pm »

I have recently concluded that the best way, and really, the only acceptable way, to experience the Little Mermaid levels in Kingdom Hearts 2 is with chemical assistance.

The homebrew songs are just so, so bad. Like there's a semblance of a beat to the song, but they don't use it to sing. It's just there if they want to, I guess.

Holy shit, was it, uh, necessary to go through that level? I either don't remember it or chose not to remember it. Maybe flashes, maybe false memories.

Bbrgh.

I've got some western beers here during my petsitting stay and it's been really nice. It's not Wisconsin nice, but it's real beer! Glorious day.

Sometimes Donald Duck sings, which basically amounts to:

1)La la la la la
2)WAAAAKAWKAWKWAKWAK
3) la la
4) WAAAAAAAAK
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1334 on: October 30, 2018, 06:31:39 pm »

Drinking a neat 10 year Talisker storm: sweet, salt and leaves with oak smoke. The occasion is merriment and celebration: After years of anguish, I at last managed to recover my Cog the Blind Drunk adventure save, and the little Dwarf's adventure can soon continue 3 years after it started. Only, Cog is considerably tougher after his odyssey. To you, good Dorf
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 141