Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 171737 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #660 on: August 25, 2017, 11:06:36 am »

I use Smithwick's Irish Ale and Bailey's. Guinness is overrated.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 25, 2017, 12:16:24 pm »

Guinness is good. It is not by any means the best stout, but unlike a shockingly high number of stouts, its taste is pretty subdued. Honestly, I love porters and stouts, but man far too many are syrupy, sugary messes. Guinness, at least, is not that.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 31, 2017, 11:18:19 am »

Godsdamn I love cheap boxed- goon, thanks Yoink (:

People have music from childhood they avoid listening to because it transports them back to that time, right?  And maybe worry that it'll work a certain number of times?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlqdqNGhJaA
Funny, and very relevant to drinking.  I loved it and even *danced* to it, in high school...  Before I ever started drinking, heh.  Loved that band.
I just worry that every time I remember them, I diminish that memory.  Irrigo.

Edit:  Though last time I saw my brother, he actually remembered the Beggarman song by the same group, and I was able to sing most of it after all these years.  And that felt so good.  And that's what I'm afraid of losing, if I... played it on repeat for a while.  It'd lose all impact.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 11:24:37 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 31, 2017, 11:48:52 am »

Guinness is good. It is not by any means the best stout, but unlike a shockingly high number of stouts, its taste is pretty subdued. Honestly, I love porters and stouts, but man far too many are syrupy, sugary messes. Guinness, at least, is not that.
I cannot find real Guiness anymore. Back in my student days, I remember buying bottled Guinness, which starts out as 9%, and if you leave it for a few months, it can go up to 11-12%.

However, all the 'Guinness' they sell now at my supermarket / liquor store is only, what is it, 6 or 6.5%. What happened to the real Guinness?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 03, 2017, 02:42:06 am »

By choice it's always rum for me. A rum with some significant notes of vanilla (which you get in most sipping rums) goes nice with something peachy. I've been sitting on the porch with my rum bottle and a peach popsickle earlier this evening. I've also got limes, but their use is hindered by my usual method of intake; I generally just drink straight from the bottle. It's a bit of a commitment to squeeze a lime straight into the whole thing.

Sounds like a fun time to me. Dad drinks can be a good way to bond with the ol' man, in my experience.   
Or at least have less of the mild awkwardness that I tend to encounter with mine. *shrug*
Yeah, a couple drinks let me speak to my dad on the same level. Usually about politics.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 04, 2017, 04:02:08 pm »

Apparently, I have made a drunken promise to enroll with the Caroleans. I am terribly happy that I am not currently under way to Canton or Shanghai, at least.

Luckily, it is not the genuine article, of course, but rather a historical enactment association. Nonetheless, it is an interesting thing to recall doing. I dare not back out, of course. I gave my gentleman's word, and those swords are still quite painful when the flat end is involved.

Oh, lovely, lovely gin. I ought to drink more whiskey, however. Heaven knows where that might lead...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 05, 2017, 10:54:20 pm »

Bleh.  Wedding in a few (5) days, and family members demanding I arrive fricken day after tomorrow, AKA when I'm staying up to 4-6AM for tabletop, then driving 4 hours.
To hang out with them.
Including brother who is being a bitch about committing...  Doesn't he know, I have dibs on that shtick?

*sigh* Let's do this, I guess.
(or not.  That's still an option).

Though
They are lesbians, and they insisted on casual.
In my wildest dreams I would show up in my https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0016/9762/products/rebelpride800_1024x1024.png?v=1459900878
...Maybe I should.  It'd be thematic.  It'd be appropriate.  But, could I?

Direct family pretty much knows, and I'd be showing solidarity, and... it's still so scary. I think I probably should.  But I'm drunk.

And if mom is somehow there...  which I'll try for...  It's probably the best way to come out that I've thought of.

Edit:  HAHA no I'm not going to cause drama at someone's wedding, that would be awful.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 09:33:19 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 06, 2017, 04:58:21 pm »

Wear the t-shirt under your penguin suit, so long as the weather's not too hot. Then you can be the guy who gets drunk at the reception afterwards and takes his shirt off.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 06, 2017, 06:12:06 pm »

I mean, it seems like anybody who would give you trouble about a gay pride t-shirt at a lesbian wedding would cause trouble there anyway. I say do it.
In this case it doesn't really carry the implication of coming out yourself, I don't think? If you don't want it to, I mean. It seems appropriate to wear something like that to a gay wedding to show support, regardless of your own sexuality.

Then again, I'm a Russian who's never been to a gay wedding (heck, I've only been to one straight wedding, and that was when I was like twelve). My circle doesn't seem to be very much into marriage so far.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 06:13:56 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 06, 2017, 06:18:50 pm »

Yeah, that's true.  I should probably just talk to her about it.  I'm more stressing about another dang social event so soon, and the reminder that I'm moving back to the area before long.  But on the plus side, we'll be able to hang out more than at reunions (which she started missing), and she's always been a fun cousin. 
She/they

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 06, 2017, 07:37:38 pm »

Holy fucking buttshit, I haven't been as drunk as I am now in 365 days. I blame my birthday, and 7 (or was it 12, lost count) trappist beers
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 06, 2017, 07:57:59 pm »

I cannot find real Guiness anymore. Back in my student days, I remember buying bottled Guinness, which starts out as 9%, and if you leave it for a few months, it can go up to 11-12%.

However, all the 'Guinness' they sell now at my supermarket / liquor store is only, what is it, 6 or 6.5%. What happened to the real Guinness?

Ireland is hogging the real stuff, I guess. See the world, drink its fluids.
]/quote]
I have a theory that all really good alcohol is keept by the makers, think of the good wines and whiskys are mosty labled in the local language with just a few words of engish/ german/french, just whats legally needed for sale.
But the crap that gets more engish/german/ french on the lable that is fore export A.K.A not really that good.
You see a really great wine will bearly leave the vinyard, every worke , the local mechanic and restaurants hears that it's good and takes a case or two as payment becouse this is really a great wine, one to keep for years to come.
So the few cases that do get to the open market are snaped up in to wine merchant catalogues.

But bad wine? that gets covered in english andd sold off cheap to the local supermarket chain.
It's stuff that would never sell to anyone that can buy better drink.
Export means the locals will not drink this. (show me a good single malt wisky that say export prominently)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 06, 2017, 08:27:56 pm »

I don't drink anymore because I got to the point where I could do shots of Everclear in a hot tub. Human physiology isn't supposed to be able to do that.

I didn't keep down the third one in the hot tub, but to be fair it was my 5th shot (of Everclear, specifically) within like 3 hours.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 06, 2017, 08:49:50 pm »

Well, I doubt it will get me drunk, but yesterday I bought myself a six-pack of this pretty dang decent beer called Estrella Damm for just $10.
Yup, just $10, when apparently it normally goes for $21 (so fairly expensive by piss standards) - it's part of a special between a supermarket chain and their attached liquor store, where you present a receipt from the supermarket as a voucher for a few different deals.

Unfortunately my local instance of said supermarket is too povvo to have an attached liquor store: the nearest one is something like half an hour's walk from here. I actually went into the city just to buy beer and get dinner... wtf. Mainly I just missed the city I guess.

Anyway! This beer is good. It probably wouldn't please some hipster beer-snob scum with a love of "hoppy flavours and fruity undertones" or some such bullshit, but I've always preferred the taste of bitter draught beers and this seems alright to me.
Also it has a hilariously bizarre ad on YouTube that you should watch immediately.
I had already decided to grab the beer because cheap, but that video would have convinced me either way.
Go on, look it up, it has English subtitles for the foreign-language (not sure if Spanish or Catalan) parts.

(This has been a half-asleep ramble, not a drunken one, FYI)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 07, 2017, 09:53:48 pm »

I tried rum with mixers today. Not that I never have before, but this time I tried it with ginger beer, which was recommended by the package, and with a mango/apple/peach juice mix, which seemed like it could be nice.

Mostly just reminded myself that God knew what he was doing when he made the sugar cane. Back to straight from the bottle for me.

EDIT: Although I said that, I ended up getting absolutely wasted on it. So it has something going for it I guess.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 11:47:48 pm by Cruxador »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 141