Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172242 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1275 on: October 22, 2018, 03:48:39 am »

So hungover. My already-hungover sunday catch-up with a friend(?) turned into quite a session, and of course because trains don't run all night on a sundee I wound up stranded, facing a nightmarish trek through the cold in order to make it home.
Also when I did make it to a train station and settled in for the hour or two before the first train, I dozed off in my seat and missed it. >.>;

Amazingly, though, in spite of all that (and for bonus points I spaced out and missed my stop after that, too, somehow) I managed to have a surprisingly productive day, sorting out the things I needed to! Huzzah!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: October 22, 2018, 05:34:04 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:56:42 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: October 22, 2018, 08:31:01 am »

Thing is, most places it's the independent brewers and their craft beers who will shoot for "high scores" of alcohol content or inebriation potential (along with all the other crazy things hipsters do, like add fucking CHEESE to the brewing process). Established breweries will stick to what sells well, which generally means whatever is "safe".

It's even worse in Norway, because anything over 4.5% cannot be sold anywhere except for government monopolies. Even the 6% Swedish "starköl" you can buy from grocery stores just on the other side of the border will be locked away in a gov't-controlled shop that closes at 6 on weekdays and 3(!) on Saturdays.

And yeah, carbonated alcohol will always have more "impact" than non-carbonated alcohol, even if the non-carbonated alcohol is of slightly higher ABV. The carbonation helps get the alcohol into your bloodstream more quickly or somesuch, there have been studies done on it that tentatively agree with the old wives tales of the champagne effect.

Heh... You mentioned Duvel... Wanna know how much that costs over here? A 33cl bottle is 52.90NOK, which is about €5.58 at today's rates.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: October 22, 2018, 10:01:36 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:57:36 pm by dragdeler »
let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: October 22, 2018, 11:26:01 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:56:26 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: October 22, 2018, 12:37:10 pm »

Ah, yeah, you can still be served stronger alcohol in bars and restaurants with liquor licenses (for anywhere between two and four times the price), but you can't buy it to drink at home except from the monopoly. Also even the beer/cider sales in grocery stores get shut off at 8 in the evening (6 on Saturday), despite the store still being open. They are however still allowed to sell you light beers that are 2.5% or lower for as long as the store is open, but nobody actually knows about that.

...or cares, really. I mean, it's 2.5% (I saw a 1.7% once!)... And nobody makes tasty beers in that range, so the non-alcoholics are a better bet if you want something that actually tastes like anything.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: October 22, 2018, 01:03:00 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:56:01 pm by dragdeler »
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1282 on: October 22, 2018, 04:34:18 pm »

I wish I could drink beer faster so I actually got drunk.
A russian walks into a pub in london with two m8s. They order two pints of carlsberg, and are stunned when the russian orders a sprite.
'Why'd you get a sprite?' They ask him. The russian replies:
'You guys didn't order alcohol so neither did I'

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 22, 2018, 04:40:42 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:55:39 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: October 22, 2018, 04:47:48 pm »

The version of that joke that I'd heard was much longer and involved an Irishman.

Tuborg used to be pretty popular here in Norway back in the day because it was (comparatively) dirt cheap. But then they realized that they'd gotten popular, so they bumped the price up because now they were selling the name.

So now we have the same swill, but it's expensive and thinks it's fancy.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: October 22, 2018, 05:02:55 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:55:47 pm by dragdeler »
let

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: October 22, 2018, 05:16:59 pm »

A russian walks into a pub in london with two m8s. They order two pints of carlsberg, and are stunned when the russian orders a sprite.

Heh... It's true. When people get too drunk around here they have to switch to beer and get banned from the whisky and vodka until they've calmed down.

It used to be pretty hard to get drunk on pints when everything barely topped 4%. Now though it seems like everything is 5-6% and though I know it's supposed to be drank in those 330ml bottles in a half-pint glass if it's on draught then you're getting a pint. And another pint. And floor. :( I swear if they limited standard pints to something like 4.5% there would be much less aggro. But then again it's not usually the beer drinkers in pubs causing the problems.

There's a sneaky cider that sometimes appears in pubs that tastes like a normal cider (and was priced like one) but it was something like 8.6%. The table held up many a drunken old man that day.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: October 25, 2018, 05:41:43 am »

How is American beer like sex in a canoe? They're both fucking close to water.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1288 on: October 25, 2018, 01:35:50 pm »

How is American beer like sex in a canoe? They're both fucking close to water.
And both are not allowed in airport security

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 25, 2018, 06:25:15 pm »

Well the beer is, so long as it’s less than 100ml, in a special container provided by the airport and in a ziplock bag.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 141