Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172240 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1635 on: May 13, 2019, 08:16:05 am »

After that, I've got most of a 20-oz of sprite and the dregs of a bottle of Kahlua. It's...good enough for a 3rd drink.
...please tell me you're not mixing those together.

I'll tell you whatever you want to hear, but I did do that.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: May 14, 2019, 06:05:30 am »

Oh dear god, I drank way too much tonight. We're celebrating my daughter's Eisteddfod 1st place with dinner out, and I might have over-ordered a bit on the adult beverages.

In my defense, it paired really, really well with BBQ beef. #NoRegrets.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: May 15, 2019, 12:28:50 am »

Showering with my cycling clothes on was fricken uncomfortable ugh.  Particularly in those nigh-public shower trucks.  Cramped and noisy.  Very awkward.  But laundry service was extra and I was too tired to GAF

-This random cycling flashback brought to you by cheap box wine

White wine- "It doesn't stain your lips like uh that one blue drug from...elder scrolls?  Not skooma, shit it wasn't elder scrolls what am I thinking of.  It was a thing in DND 3.5 is that what I'm remembering-"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: May 16, 2019, 03:01:54 am »

...Twice I tried to post in here earlier, wanting to talk about the snazzy denim jacket and hip flask I recently acquired and how it turns out that the latter fits nicely into an interior pocket of the former, as well as ask what sort of alcohol I should get to fill said hip flask (I also went onto some depth about how whiskey seemed like the most traditional choice but scotch tends to taste bloody awful to me and I wasn't sure if bourbon in a flask was the done thing and so on and so on), but my phone kept dying despite being about three-quarters charged. Alas.

In the end, since I was almost at the bottleshop when this occurred, I dithered about for a while before eventually deciding on some reasonably cheap bourbon I'd never heard of before, called Old Number 15 or something like that. It tastes... a lot like I remember scotch tasting, honestly.
It was a little cheaper and a little more alcoholic than Southern Comfort, at least.

I narrowed it down to a choice between those two and... Stone's Green Ginger Wine, which actually seems like a pretty awesome (and economical!) choice for a flask-filler, but I figured I'd wait 'til the weather and my financial situation are both a bit more unpleasant...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: May 16, 2019, 01:56:58 pm »

The problem with most flasks is they add a metallic taste to the booze. So you want something fairly strong tasting, and save your good stuff for at home.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: May 16, 2019, 01:59:16 pm »

Two beers, and already I'm feeling it. Okay, so maybe I only had a second lunch and no dinner, but still... And okay, so maybe I chugged the last pint because everyone else in the locale had started creeping on my friends and we all wanted to get out of there, but still...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1641 on: May 16, 2019, 05:22:32 pm »

my... everything... pain

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: May 17, 2019, 10:22:54 pm »

my... everything... pain

Hopefully this is just the result of over-imbibing and not something sinister.

Feel better, brah.

T’be fair, y’all are - well, Naxza is Yoink that I know of - going through some challenging times recently, so all of you feel better.

This message brought to you by one beer.

... I think Monday is going to be harder than I thought. Ah well, cheap date, and I’ll enjoy all the beer on Sunday even if I won’t remember any of it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1643 on: May 18, 2019, 09:30:47 am »

It was the result of half a bottle of 52% bai jiu I only discovered was 52% after I drank, in addition to yet further haram imbibations. In a cruel piece of theatrical beauty, my arms ached, my chest ached, my legs ached but my head was fine

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: May 19, 2019, 06:52:18 am »

Nah, it's not a sign of old age. The legendary 'after grog bog' is your body getting rid of all the stuff it no longer needs, such as the dead portions of your liver.

I really enjoyed my sweet potato flavoured makgeolli the other night. Thinking I'll probably order that one again.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: May 19, 2019, 01:13:09 pm »

Been trying to finish some couple years old tracks into something barely decent sounding, but it's proven to be quite hard and frustrating... What's worse, the shitty compositions are now looping in my head 24/7, so to clear my thoughts I'll have to down several beers to chill.

A great excuse and definitely has nothing to do with alcoholism.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: May 19, 2019, 01:33:26 pm »

Oh hey, somebody doing a music. I'd like to do a music someday... Then I wouldn't feel like I have to hide my guitar.

I had a slightly-unplanned booze adventure today, when I took my afternoon meds with some fruit juice and answered "Why the hell not?" to the question of "Should I put a spot of vodka in this?"

I of course didn't pay much attention to when I was pouring though, so I ended up with a triple...

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: May 19, 2019, 01:53:19 pm »

Oh hey, somebody doing a music. I'd like to do a music someday... Then I wouldn't feel like I have to hide my guitar.

Just start practicing. It'll take time to learn, but eventually you'll get the hang of it.

Personally though, I never really tried to learn playing and decided to make music on the computer instead. Still have a shit ton to learn to make anything else then amateur/hobbyist sounding pieces (but then again, I do it just for my own enjoyment, so it really doesn't matter).

Anyway, soon time for another beer.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1648 on: May 20, 2019, 11:30:41 am »

I'll never fathom the appeal of bai jiu, from the bottle my sister brought home when she went to visit her husband's family in China, it tastes to me like banana-flavored window cleaner. I feel like I've already said as much here, though.

also, holy hell half a bottle of the stuff, zoinks
Accurate

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: May 20, 2019, 02:57:58 pm »

Again a somewhat frustrating day with stuff, so time to chug a couple of beers.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 141