Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 215995 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Saint's Death Warrant
« Reply #1110 on: April 13, 2015, 09:24:45 am »

Bonus points if it looks like a blunderbuss.
Bonus Bonus points if you have to manually load the bludarite shells through the barrel.
Ok microwave blunderbuss I think it will be useful against that fugua I heard we are going to fight
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: April 23, 2015, 04:37:00 am »

NAV, I saw you added your things to wiki as prototypes. Have those been cleared by the council/pw yet?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 23, 2015, 11:20:36 am »

It was cleared by Piecewise. I don't even think the council was a thing when I designed it.

MYTHRIL PENETRATOR dagger
Cost: 5 tokens
Requirements: Unconventional
Range: Melee
Description: An incredibly thin vibrating needle made of mythril. It can easily pierce most armours, and does massive damage to the flesh inside. This version is 30cm long. It makes a good bayonet.

MYTHRIL PENETRATOR sword
Cost: 15 tokens
Requirements: Unconventional
Range: Melee
Description: An incredibly thin vibrating needle made of mythril. It can easily pierce most armours, and does massive damage to the flesh inside. This version is 1 meter long. It is capable of stabbing through a battlesuit and killing the pilot.

I guess a final confirmation couldn't hurt. PW, council, is this design still approved?

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 23, 2015, 11:35:10 am »

Hey, if pw had approved before, that's fine by me. Just checking, since I didn't remember if this has gotten past the concept already. And thanks for giving the quotes, that's always nice to have.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 30, 2015, 04:33:52 am »

Quote from: Deputy Admin of Engineering, Dr. M.Sanctor to: Tinkerers with designs awaiting approval
Due to technical glitches and difficulties with the new personnel assignments and latest shipment to the Sword, the data on the prototype equipment awaiting approval was corrupted and partially lost. For Head of Engineering Simulacrus's and my own sake, please resend the designs that were previously awaiting approval.

Dr. M.Sanctor

((The reasons are twofold: first, I am really not sure what designs were awaiting the approval - hoverboard probably, what else? Mythril penentrator, Kugelblitz? And second, with the new age of weapon power dawning on us with RC's super blaster weapons, you might want to check up on the weapon and ammo prices, lest we do it ourselves and unfortunately have to decline previously sound designs because of the shifting expected power level for a given amount of tokens.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 30, 2015, 07:12:35 am »

((The reasons are twofold: first, I am really not sure what designs were awaiting the approval - hoverboard probably, what else? Mythril penentrator, Kugelblitz? And second, with the new age of weapon power dawning on us with RC's super blaster weapons, you might want to check up on the weapon and ammo prices, lest we do it ourselves and unfortunately have to decline previously sound designs because of the shifting expected power level for a given amount of tokens.))
(Zayne can't really resend it on mission, but I can give ya the designs here,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: April 30, 2015, 08:19:13 am »

((Sure, it's fine. Now... does it have a set hover height, or can it ascend/descend (theoretically it should be, but the controls might be tricky for that)? Can one make rolls in the air with it, and are the feet-clamps sturdy enough to support character's weight in that case? Can the variant options be bought as separate upgrades, post-purchase? Does -10 max speed refer to speed in miles per hour  or kilometers per hour? Is that a different design, or would even slight character encumbrance affect the hoverboard's speed?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 30, 2015, 08:46:31 am »

((Sure, it's fine. Now... does it have a set hover height, or can it ascend/descend (theoretically it should be, but the controls might be tricky for that)? Can one make rolls in the air with it, and are the feet-clamps sturdy enough to support character's weight in that case? Can the variant options be bought as separate upgrades, post-purchase? Does -10 max speed refer to speed in miles per hour  or kilometers per hour? Is that a different design, or would even slight character encumbrance affect the hoverboard's speed?))
It has no programming yet, so at the moment it's not set, more of just you being able to adjust the bottom thrusters power, you turn by using your body weight, so likely, Feet clamps, yes. Post purchase should be possible with modification I believe. Miles per hour, or whatever the MkIII uses to measure. I have the armored, remote, and normal in different .txt files, I can post those once I get home. And it can't support an exoskeleton's weight without modification. Only armored gets the penalty to speed. Oh, and all controls are built into the feet.

Basically, I haven't installed any programs to help control since Zayne doesn't have the Aux, I plan to get it some later. I'll double check these things with piecewise on IRC later.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1118 on: April 30, 2015, 09:30:54 am »

I just think that if that thing can fly up and down quickly, then it should use aux, not dex. Mostly for balance, since all the equipment that we have now that can be used to fly reliably uses aux. If it can move up or down but does so slowly or if it is simply used to move forward quickly and attach ones self to vehicles then I'm fine with it using dex.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 30, 2015, 09:50:55 am »

I just think that if that thing can fly up and down quickly, then it should use aux, not dex. Mostly for balance, since all the equipment that we have now that can be used to fly reliably uses aux. If it can move up or down but does so slowly or if it is simply used to move forward quickly and attach ones self to vehicles then I'm fine with it using dex.
The thing is, according to piecewise, as long as you're not doing anything technical with it, it's not aux (I think?) And aswell, most of those use gimbals(?). I think that's where the aux comes from. This is basically you controlling some throttles and throwing your weight around. No gimbals.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:38:39 am by Shaporia »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1120 on: April 30, 2015, 10:17:48 am »

True, but you are still operating a complex vehicle, which is exactly what aux is for. It's not a simple skateboard. Otherwise, one could say that driving a motorcycle is just like driving a bicycle, therefore there should be no aux rolls.

Edit: Besides, I'm not saying it has to be aux (even though I think it should be aux), I'm just saying it has to be aux if it can be used to quickly change your altitude. If it's just like a normal skateboard but with rockets instead of wheels (and maybe the ability to slowly hover up or down) then I'd grudgingly accept it using dex.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:21:44 am by Parisbre56 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 30, 2015, 10:24:34 am »

It doesn't use Aux because it's not a complex vehicle. It's a simple vehicle, with basically one built-in control. It's steered by shifting your body around.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1122 on: April 30, 2015, 10:31:41 am »

Okay then. You lean forwards and backwards for speed, left and right for turning and that's it? Because that's what I've been saying, that if it's just that, then Dex is acceptable (even though I think it should still be Aux). If it's more complex than that, it's Aux.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 30, 2015, 10:35:38 am »

Okay then. You lean forwards and backwards for speed, left and right for turning and that's it? Because that's what I've been saying, that if it's just that, then Dex is acceptable (even though I think it should still be Aux). If it's more complex than that, it's Aux.
It's pressing your feet down to accelerate, leaning forward is tilting the nose down, back up, ect. It's basically how fast the user can react and change is the reason for dex. I asked piecewise 2-3 times if there would be an aux requirement, but he said just dex. Aux if it's something complicated like, cutting only one engine to spin around or something.

Edit: Sorry if I sound curt or something, typing this on a tablet.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:39:42 am by Shaporia »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 30, 2015, 11:30:48 am »

dex makes most sense, until you want to midofy its standard thrust ratios or control it remotely.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 127