Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 215999 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Miya's Hubris
« Reply #1440 on: October 01, 2015, 12:16:32 pm »

Kinamps are automanips the size of a postage stamp and has infinite uses. How does it manage this?
Is it from some alien technology or something?
[Also I hereby give you permission to handwave this .  :P ]

They actually have a max useage of 20.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1441 on: October 01, 2015, 12:18:20 pm »

Kinamps are automanips the size of a postage stamp and has infinite uses. How does it manage this?
Is it from some alien technology or something?
[Also I hereby give you permission to handwave this .  :P ]

They actually have a max useage of 20.
No, after the Sudden Reality Change (the change to the new system) they have infinite uses. Don't know if they have anything else to balance that, like slowly getting destroyed or overheating.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: October 01, 2015, 12:21:24 pm »

Oh really? Huh, didn't see that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: October 01, 2015, 12:24:16 pm »

And as far as I understand, kin amps are not automanips, but something different.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

SkyMarshal

• Bay Watcher
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 01, 2015, 12:27:08 pm »

I honestly didn't realise they ever had a limit.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: October 01, 2015, 01:28:34 pm »

How expensive would it be to make the Jump Pack capable of flight instead of simple jumps? We discussed part of this via IRC, about the potential of using replaceable blueradite cells or one of those miniature fusion reactors to supply the very large amounts of energy necessary for it.
Really, it depends on how far and how fast you want to fly.

About the same flight capabilities as a MkIII.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: October 01, 2015, 04:21:24 pm »

...Stick a Kinetic Amplifier on the end of a hammer and other suitable blunt instruments (quarterstaff, mace, etc.).  Force multipliers!  Git'chore force multipliers here!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Perpetual Motion! Totally!
« Reply #1447 on: October 01, 2015, 04:22:45 pm »

And as far as I understand, kin amps are not automanips, but something different.
^^^
The Kinetic Shunt is the amp for kinetic energy.
Weird, isn't it.

That something stupid I mentioned with kinetic amplifiers?
Two kinetic amplifiers in what amounts to a perpetual motion machine spinning a generator.
The contact surfaces will be tied to their opposite side by an elastic material so that they are assured of reciprocal activation.
Hopefully, there will be a limiting factor on how fast I can keep them from going?
If not, what is going wrong when it gets too forceful?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 09:31:58 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: October 03, 2015, 04:59:49 am »

((Dangit, weeks between tinker updates, and then he skips my action.))

Basically what I was saying is that due to the nature of how things are often described, I don't know if it would help a whole lot. I mean, I won't have time to draw out the map that it would project for you in game, and there's a limited amount of description I can give you without that visual; and often people don't understand my descriptions anyways.  I feel like the thing might be limited by the medium.  If you just want to use it like a "Alien" style motion detector though, one that detects movement through walls and stuff, that might work.

I think I understand what you mean. Yeah, something that does this would be fine then, if possible with the added functions of mapping stuff (because even if you can't describe it, it allows for a character to reasonably get an idea of eg where the exit leading outside is in a large building) to some extend and getting that radar/early warning system. Yes, the last might not be needed all that often, but having an extra turn to spot incoming ordnance or reinforcements might be pretty convenient all in all.

So, you think the sensor package works like this? If yes, cost and size of the package? Any other comments or restrictions?

So yeah, this.

Also, for a possible upgrade option for the blaster pistol: The blaster pistol is small, and melts when overcharged, right? Well, I’d like to make an ‘item’ that’s essentially a modification to allow the pistol to use the overcharge without melting. Basically, it would place the pistol in a large ‘shell’ that would form the new gun body, and is capable of absorbing or radiating away the heat from the thing to prevent damage when using the full discharge. It would have a cold plate-like element in it (or maybe one of the new cold-eating spikes, that works better) that takes up and stores the heat after firing overcharge, after which this heat is transferred to from the cold plate to (certain parts of) the gun body to allow it to radiate/conduct away the heat.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: October 03, 2015, 05:02:37 am »

Perhaps you could just get a small sealed airtight Cold-Spike attachment to the gun, just slap it on the side and the heat would be sucked into it.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: October 03, 2015, 07:57:33 pm »

You can eat and smoke things in any MK suits. You can't if you're wearing the newer MCP suits or underwear. This is a serious flaw that should be fixed.

How can we fix this issue?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1451 on: October 03, 2015, 08:01:19 pm »

You can eat and smoke things in any MK suits. You can't if you're wearing the newer MCP suits or underwear. This is a serious flaw that should be fixed.

Are you sure? I thought they had the same helmet. Unless it's a feature of the entire suit, the MK being more bulky allowing it to have something like a mini-airlock.

If there's no better solution, combine a blender and a pump and hook it up in the suit's water supply or medication intake port.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: October 03, 2015, 08:41:23 pm »

Are you sure? I thought they had the same helmet. Unless it's a feature of the entire suit, the MK being more bulky allowing it to have something like a mini-airlock.

If there's no better solution, combine a blender and a pump and hook it up in the suit's water supply or medication intake port.
Actually, that's the only way you can eat in Mk suits; the regular suit-feed supplies? Yeah, food paste.

...Well, theoretically (with great trouble) you could (maybe) raise your hand to the face and eat something that way. Except then your food would have to be stuffed insideyour suit with you... and that's neither very healthy nor quite efficient (i.e., at all). I don't think anyone has ever done that.

And yes, the helmet is literally the same, actually. (Yes, I used 'literally' correctly here - it's exact same. By design. :P) It's the only part of MCP-suits that can depressurise... and that's because, well, it's quite hard to make it work otherwise, and then  something that penetrated your helmet has likely already reduced your brain to paste or at least given you a vicious concussion in the process, thus taking you out of fight. Try not to catch bullets with your heads, people - that's what limbs are for, especially knowing our GM's not-so-secret fetish of mangling them.

Smoking though? Well, that's not suit-supported action, so that ability is lost with MCP suits, unfortunately. Clearly, this needs a clever engineering solution. Maybe we could run a tinker contest?..
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: October 03, 2015, 09:41:54 pm »

I'm certain people have smoked cigarettes and eaten sandwiches inside their suits before. Maybe they shouldn't have been able to but they did. I think it was something about the mk1/2's roominess.

I'm imagining a sandwich sized airlock on the front of the helmet and a set of mini roboarms that feed you. Blender and feeding tube is probably the most practical option though.

For smoking we could probably include some sort of bong or e-cig in the helmet, and a good filter. As long as it doesn't involve fire. ARM helmet bongs. This needs to be a thing.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1454 on: October 04, 2015, 06:00:40 am »

@Nik: It's not very useful, but you could replace the helmet with an extension of the skintight suit, goggles and a breathing mask. That way, people could easily remove it to eat and there would be less danger of depressurization. Or, if you want to completely remove the danger of  depressurization, replace the mask with a valve near the trachea connected to the suit's oxygen system, add sensors near the vocal chords and mouth that allow them to pick up speech despite the absence of air and extend the skintight suit over the mouth. Or you could not install the speech sensor and make the ARM an army of gagged gimps in black skintight suits.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 127