Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Game Over!)  (Read 87812 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Day 1)
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2014, 03:41:29 pm »

It would be hard for me to bus him without me looking bad, since being too eager or too cautious makes people suspicious. The trick is staying in the unconspicuous middle, but that requires a great deal of skill and experience.

I think bussing should only be a last resort when the player screws up so much that it's pretty much impossible to defend without everyone calling BS.

And I wouldn't point it out in public if there's a chance that nobody noticed it. Or if someone else makes another mistake.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2014, 03:54:10 pm »

It would be hard for me to bus him without me looking bad, since being too eager or too cautious makes people suspicious. The trick is staying in the unconspicuous middle, but that requires a great deal of skill and experience.
While you say this requires skill, you sure seem to know a bit about exactly when a good time to do it would be.

And I wouldn't point it out in public if there's a chance that nobody noticed it. Or if someone else makes another mistake.
But someone already noticed it before you said anything.

Imperial Guardsman:
Imperial Guardsman:
You see players 1 through 5 form a bandwagon in that order, one that votes for someone else and another one who doesn't say anything about it, who would you suspect first?
Third, Fourth, and Fifth to vote.
Mind giving an explanation? You don't seem to keen on explanations. You haven't really elaborated on any of your answers thus far.

MOWE already pointed it out, a whole 7 hours earlier, disproving that theory.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2014, 04:03:32 pm »

It's easier said than done. I might get the theory right but it's harder on practice.

And I don't understand what the last point of your post is.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2014, 04:11:04 pm »

And I don't understand what the last point of your post is.

This.
But, as I pointed out, MOWE had already drawn attention to it. AND (I just noticed this!) IG said that in a 5 person bandwagon, he'd suspect the 3rd, 4th, and 5th. So you made sure to act quickly to get the second spot, right? A day 1 lynch on scum is pretty much guaranteed to give you the trust of others, possibly even through a long time over many days, enough time to win without him!
What are your thoughts on this, Solymr? Because so far, I'm not liking your answers one bit.
The Derail Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2014, 04:22:00 pm »

I was suspecting IG before I made that question. In fact I made it to see if the answer would make me suspect him further. It did, I wasn't really sure what it was, but when I noticed it I had already gone to sleep.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2014, 04:33:28 pm »

Do you have any proof of this prior speculation? Any sort of post you could quote/link to? And your answers have been getting shorter and shorter at each question of mine, it doesn't seem like you're putting a whole lot of thought into this at all!

Actually, I'm just going to vote you, Solymr, because your answers to my questions have given me plenty more to suspect about you.

It did, I wasn't really sure what it was, but when I noticed it I had already gone to sleep.
And all it was was just a feeling? Nothing better then this?
The Derail Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2014, 04:46:17 pm »

Well, no, it wasn't just a feeling.
I asked that specific question because I saw IG vote second for scientist. It seemed like a good base to start pressuring, so I asked that question to see who would he tell us he would suspect on a bandwagon. When I saw him post 3rd 4th and 5th I got more suspicious, so I tried rereading his posts to see if there was something else that would make him suspicious.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2014, 04:49:25 pm »

Well, no, it wasn't just a feeling.
I asked that specific question because I saw IG vote second for scientist. It seemed like a good base to start pressuring, so I asked that question to see who would he tell us he would suspect on a bandwagon. When I saw him post 3rd 4th and 5th I got more suspicious, so I tried rereading his posts to see if there was something else that would make him suspicious.
Is that poor wording, or a slip that you've been trying to frame him? Because that seems really incriminating.
And you've pretty much just contradicted yourself on that first point.
The Derail Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2014, 04:58:49 pm »

English isn't my first language, but why would that be incriminating? Aren't you supposed to look for evidence in people's posts?

And how am I contradicting myself? Look at the post where I vote for IG and you'll see the reasons for my vote based on my knowledge back then.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2014, 05:08:48 pm »

English isn't my first language, but why would that be incriminating? Aren't you supposed to look for evidence in people's posts?
Yes, but the way you worded it isn't the way you would say "look for evidence to prove he's guilty", you worded it more like "look for anything I can find to convict him with" which is pretty scummy, to me. I'll let that part slide, for now, since you aren't an English native speaker.

And how am I contradicting myself? Look at the post where I vote for IG and you'll see the reasons for my vote based on my knowledge back then.
That was your post when you voted, you said that you had suspicions before that, where are those? Also if you were really interested in defending yourself, you'd link or quote your post, not tell me to go look for it. Especially when we're as pressed for time as this.
The Derail Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2014, 05:15:58 pm »

It's a pain in the ass to do that on the phone, but you're right, I can't afford being lazy now. Here it is.

Imperial Guardsman:
You're acting quite suspicious to me. When asked about being a pro-town you give decent reasons but when asked about your actions as scum you give mathematician's answer.

You also insist on keeping your vote on scientist, despite your initial reason being "join the danged discussion" and your reason for keeping the vote after he did being "not good enough".

Your answer to my last question is also suspicious, not giving reasons for why would you suspect the last 3 players on a bandwagon. It seems like you're trying to divert attention from the fact that you voted second for scientist (even if the first was just a pressure vote) and that the middle of the bandwagon is the least noticeable and therefore the most preferible place for scum.
The second paragraph is the first reason I suspected him, the reason I asked the bandwagon question. Then reinforced when he refused to take the vote off.

Third paragraph is the reason I suspected the answer he gave to my question.

First paragraph was why I had to look back at his posts. I didn't figure it out at first, but then I looked at the type of questions he was answering.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2014, 05:44:53 pm »

Solymr: your answers are well reasoned, but from a scum perspective.  While I understand that English isn't your first language, you seem very well spoken in English, so that doesn't get you off the hook. The fact that you admitted to "looking back to see if there was anything to make him seem more suspicious" is EXACTLY what a scum player would do, in my experience. Particularly if they panicked on their first game and decided to bus a scumbuddy who seemed to screw up.

That answer your question, Mastah?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2014, 05:58:35 pm »

So far, all the suspicion comes from the assumption that I would bus on the first day. I wouldn't. It's a terrible idea.

You shouldn't think only how a scum player would play but also how a town player would. Maybe the fact that scum would use good reasoning doesn't mean that townies can't.

I'm going to request a Extend because I don't want any surprises when I wake up.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2014, 06:12:31 pm »

You shouldn't think only how a scum player would play but also how a town player would. Maybe the fact that scum would use good reasoning doesn't mean that townies can't.
The only reason you would have to actively think about how town would play is if you aren't town!
And you're starting to take a bit of a hostile tone, to me.
The Derail Thread

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2014, 06:18:46 pm »

And on that note, IG: what's your opinion on the goings-on of today?

Borscht Post coming up.
Chaotic.
Imperial Guardsman: You've got two people voting you, how do you feel about that? What are your thoughts?
Mastacheese. I feel fine, its RVS, Day 1, the 2 votes dont matter, and I will point out any bandwagons against me.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33