Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 212194 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2014, 05:18:08 pm »

Flint Westwood - Team G

"Big target spotted near team B. Permission to engage?"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 05:22:46 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2014, 05:23:04 pm »

Pancaek - Team B leader -Bunker B

"it's a battlesuit"
"I know"
"Well do something already, you useless hunk of metal!"

Pancaek opens comms to his Team

"Allright, I see about a dozen sods and a single close range battlesuit. Now, I'm not big on tactics, but something tells me if that battlesuit gets through and starts fucking up our bunker, this shit is going to go Fubar real soon. So here's the plan: Steve, stay in cover and keep looking around to see if I missed any hostiles. Clunkbot and others , shoot the incoming sods. I'm not sure wether or not clunkbot's weapon can get through battlesuit armor, but I'll be taking a shot at thing myself anyway, so just focus on the sods right now. Remember, right now they've only got these small slits to shoot us through, so don't linger and give them more oppertunity than you need to.

Quote from: Pancaek -> Miyamoto
We've got contact, around a dozen sods and one battlesuit with a sword and a shield. I'm tackling the battlesuit and having the guys get the sods. Any chance I'm getting some fire support?

Stay in cover, just using the finger to look around. Heat up a one foot sphere in the center of the battelsuit where the pilot would be, by about 150 degrees. If this does not work the first time, try again.  If somehow the battlesuit gets destroyed before I get to attack it, heat 1 foot sphere in center mass of sods, one by one.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 05:26:08 pm by Pancaek »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2014, 05:26:47 pm »

"Big target spotted near team B. Permission to engage?"
((This is adressing Milno, right? Not sure really. If to Miya, then sure.))

We've got contact, around a dozen sods and one battlesuit with a sword and a shield. I'm tackling the battlesuit and having the guys get the sods. Any chance I'm getting some fire support?
Artillery is incoming, should get there any minute.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2014, 05:29:43 pm »

Lyra, Team G

Be carried around by Jim, prep Microwave Amp for later use.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2014, 05:33:02 pm »

Artillery is incoming, should get there any minute.
Quote from: Pancaek->Miyamoto
Appreciated, here's hoping they won't accidentally shell our bunker. Fingers crossed.

Pancaek opens comms to his team once again

"I just got word from General De Bergerac, we've got artillery support incoming. Let's hope it's effective, eh?"

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2014, 05:38:11 pm »

Felix Grant, Team D "Marabou" - Inside Bunker Five

If the arrival of the artillery shell is dangerous to those inside the bunker, Felix ducks into the tunnel connecting the bunker to the base. (The bunkers have those, right?) Otherwise, he uses his amp to freeze a 30cm sphere centered on that Cutting Laser Sod's head.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2014, 05:42:01 pm »

Skylar, Team C, Support (( derp, sorry about forgetting this. Clearly I should add it to my sig for the duration, so I can't possibly forget :P ))

Defend the squad from further fire. Stay prepared for defense if no more fire is incoming.

Be prepared to dodge out of the way if Miyamoto moves.

(( PW: Can we assume that I know about the active defense component of the MK III, courtesy a year of downtime? ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2014, 05:46:47 pm »

snip

I assumed that saying you could see them through the dust would be enough to imply they were reasonably close. I mean, you can't see people through thick dust if they're really far away. Oh well. Ass out of you and me, etc.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2014, 05:50:15 pm »

Flint Westwood - Team G (Support)

"Why aren't they firing?" muttered Flint as he watched the first stages of the battle unfold.

"Sir! Permission to assist friendlies?"

Could I get on top of the sword and still be in range of the battlesuit? If yes, then can we assume I did that last turn? Because I'd prefer to be at a vantage point. Plus, I think the sword lacks cover from the South side and I could help keep an eye on that side.

Keep an eye out for anything dangerous that should be reported. If such thing is spotted, report it.

If I'm in range of the battlesuit, fire. If I'm not, close in until I am in range and then fire. Rainbow Cannon, Red Mode, a sweep from left to right, trying to hit as many enemies as possible.

If the battlesuit gets taken care of before I need to fire, get in range of the big thing that landed up North, switch the Rainbow Cannon to Orange Mode and fire.

If that big thing in the North gets taken care of or remains inert for the moment, just go help the team that needs it the most. Use both Industrial Mining Laser and Rainbow Cannon in Blue,Green and Yellow modes, as the situation demands (to maximize damage against enemies while minimizing the chance of accidentally hitting allies and the amount of energy wasted). Also be sure to keep an eye on the battlesuit's energy levels. If it starts getting low, stop using the Rainbow Cannon and just use the Mining Laser.

Inform Team Leader (Milno) of what I'm about to do. If Team Leader objects, do not do the action with which the team leader objects. Instead stay in the South side of the Sword and watch for big juicy targets to snipe with Red mode.

Can I get a description of the Violet Mode? I assume I would have tested it sometime during the timeskip. It's the only mode I don't have a description of and I would like to know if it could be useful in this situation.

Do not accept any HUD updates unless they are checked and cleared by Steve. Everybody knows Alpha releases are buggy and I wouldn't want my battlesuit shutting down in the middle of combat.

((Sorry for the long action. Don't know what the distances are, what I can see, etc. and it's not possible for us to get a detailed map so I can't know exactly what's going on. Hence the use of many conditional actions. Trying to avoid what happened last turn.))

((I still think there's potential for miscommunication, but I'll stop editing this post now for the sake of not making it huge.))
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:18:53 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2014, 05:53:20 pm »

snip

I assumed that saying you could see them through the dust would be enough to imply they were reasonably close. I mean, you can't see people through thick dust if they're really far away. Oh well. Ass out of you and me, etc.

Indeed, you can't see very far in thick dust. But how far they actually are from us, and being able to shoot at them depends how far away that dust irself is. I thought said dust was several dozen meters away or something, and that we saw them moving inside that, meaning that even though they'd be on the edge of that thick dust, they were still a good bit away from the bunkers themselves. Oh well, it happens I guess.

The big reason I feel 'sad' about this is that, after all that planning and preparing and drumming up inactive players and discussing RU and strategising and placing bunkers on maps, we lose our first turn due to a silly miscommunication. I don't mind losing sods or the battle going against us for a moment, that's the nature of war, but the way it happened is just really unfortunate.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 01:46:51 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2014, 05:55:35 pm »

Team C

Grumble with that special irritation that happens when you can't think of any justification for it.

Drop the extra laser rifle in the bunker for anyone who needs it.
Retroactively have grabbed this.

Assume that I stayed in the bunker and laid low as Mr. Miya requested.

Request orders as follows:

"MISTER MI-MOTO! WHAT DO I DO?"
If he doesn't respond or responds with the obvious orders, begin shooting sods.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2014, 05:59:49 pm »

Team F

Quote from: To Team F
I will knock the hostiles over when they're in range. Neutralize them afterward.

Use Mass Manipulator Amp to send out a pulse of sufficient strength to knock hostiles on their asses once they come into view.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2014, 06:15:02 pm »

TEAM F
Prepare for shootin idiots on their asses. Conserve ammo!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:39:30 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2014, 06:33:12 pm »

TEAM A
"Steve do you have that solution for the mining laser?"if available grab solution otherwise haul ass to designated position after collecting weapon from simus
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2014, 06:56:15 pm »

Auron, team F.

Check dust cloud with thermal and echolocation visual filters.

Remain in cover as much as possible, utilise my charged brainpower to heat up a one foot sphere within the enemy leaders chest cavity.

Kinda hoping for an overload... but doubt im gonna get one with my +1 uncon and dynamic bonus.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 04:37:49 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 109