Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 210957 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #855 on: March 31, 2014, 03:07:28 pm »

"Looks like a trap. Which means it is a trap. I assume that if the panel is tampered with or the wrong code is entered, it opens a door and horrible things happen. Hrmm. How thick do you think this bulkhead is? You think you could use that fancy suit of yours to stick your head through the door Simus, or shall I?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 31, 2014, 03:25:04 pm »

We should deactivate the trap, instead of just hoping never to activate it. Anyone have a way to weld the hatch shut?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 31, 2014, 03:27:28 pm »

"Nothing here. Worst comes to worst, I can try and jam them shut with my amp."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 31, 2014, 04:13:29 pm »

Team B 'Wild Weasels' - CO Simus (The i is pronounced like the i in time, by the way, not like the i in sim)

I think I still have a micro-welder from during the infiltration, at least I don't remember giving it back, hang on...

Simus quickly looks through her gear for that welder she took along with the other tools she was given from the infiltration mission, and if she still has is, attempts to reach up and weld the panels above the door shut.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 07:53:14 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 31, 2014, 05:09:15 pm »

I'll attempt to melt them if it doesn't work.

If the trap is triggered, heat a foot-wide sphere around it up 1000 degrees until the spiderbots or whatever it releases are dead.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 31, 2014, 05:36:03 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Thaddeus - Grunt - Ship Alpha

SHIT!

Get behind Milno and stay out of his way. Let him do all the work while I reap all the rewards!

(Edited action)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 02:43:06 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 31, 2014, 05:53:41 pm »

TEAM G
"Fuck it, Renen! kick the door down!"
direct renen
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 31, 2014, 06:02:04 pm »

((@renegade: Knowing how far they are from us and if they are facing our way would help and Milno's the one better acquainted to combat, so that's why my post goes as follows.))

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha

"I'll take care of fighting, only act if needed!" Milno hisses as soon as he sees the crewmen before activating the MkIII's enhanced movement mode. "Steve, should we try to keep casualties minimal?"

Activate EMM. Ask Steve whether casualties should be kept to a minimum. Apply the most logical action based on the variables:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:57:45 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 31, 2014, 09:49:20 pm »

((Works for me. I was actually hoping you would rather do it this way))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 31, 2014, 10:59:26 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137514.0
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Team E - Lerman

Wake up. Swear loudly. Check body for any permanent damage. Again wonder how I injured and K.O.'d myself with a robot body. Continue moving through the ship.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:05:50 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: April 01, 2014, 01:13:12 am »

Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

Approach the two men while telling them that "I'm a time traveler, I need your help and there's no time to explain!" and trying to look non threatening. That should hopefully distract them. If they don't know time travel is impossible, they'll maybe consider it. If they know it's impossible, the sheer ridiculousness of the statement should give them pause. ((Edit: Maybe they'll think I'm the result of an anomaly, like that spaceman from the Halloween event.))

Once I reach them, remove their helmets or connect with their suits to disable their comms (whatever looks easier to do) while calling for Skylar to do the same.

If I'm successful, tie them up and gag 'em using my rope and search them for any comm devices I might have missed and make sure they can't use them.

If they resist, try to restrain them and prevent them from talking or failing that, punch them.

If they try to run away, try to catch them.
If I can't catch them, fire a warning shot.
If that doesn't work and Skylar doesn't manage to catch them either, shoot to disable.

Try not to snicker at that line. Activate EMM and support Flint's plan.

In specific, if they get between me and Flint, be ready to move to cut off their retreat and ambush them on Flint's cue.

If, somehow, someway, Flint successfully bluffs them with this, do a slow clap after they're dealt with.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 01, 2014, 01:36:12 am »

continue following the line to the bridge repeating decompression procedure as necessary.

If any UWM personell pop out, poke them in the liver with my reiterpallasch at great velocity.
If any UWM defence systems pop out, poke them in the everything with beams from my laser rifle.

Decompression procedure:
If door blocks path:
1. stand aside.
2. override and open door.
3. Cut through door with laser rifle if step 2 fails.

If door labelled barracks is dicovered:
1. Fire laser rifle into door at maximum overcharge and full intensity to ensure immediate and explosive decompression.
2. Dodge key hole gore stream.
3. Open door.
4. Recover surviving equipment.

If door labelled armory is discovered.
1. Engage controlled decompression protocols.
2. Open door.
3. Recover everything of value.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:21:53 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: April 01, 2014, 08:35:28 am »

Team E

See if I can plug Steve into the keypad somehow so he can hack it for me. If I can't, just use a cutter on the door and keep going.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: April 01, 2014, 08:54:42 am »

Team E

Wake up Lerman. Continue keeping a lookout for enemies and doors.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 109