Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 210989 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #990 on: April 08, 2014, 06:09:28 pm »

Brother Lars: Team F Chaplain

"What now? Should we try and take over the gun?"

"We are tasked with capturing these ships.  Let's disable it for now, then get to the bridge, in the name of Steve!"

See if we can disable the guns charging.  Get Grate to help hopefully.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 08, 2014, 07:33:07 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha - RP Post

"Two dead on arrival as well. Almost bit it myself." Milno answers coolly. Living in a HMRC ship meant the scene in front of him is hardly the weirdest he has ever seen - doesn't even make it to the top five, in fact. The possibility of bypassing the defense with the old fart's plan may seem a bit surreal, but it's surely better than risking the asses of anyone less armored than he is. "Fooling them can work. We knocked out some crewmen and the only camera was modified to play a ten-second loop before it spotted us. Any camera, turret or sensors got you?"
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:39:04 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #992 on: April 08, 2014, 07:59:48 pm »

"Ah. Well, that's good to hear. Let's hope it stays that way." said Flint with genuine relief.
"Anyway, nobody saw us or knows we're here. At least as far as I know. We run into two maintenance guys that hadn't gotten the memo to return to the control room because they were listening to music. Skylar did a god job knocking them out before they had a chance to react. If we had ranks, I'd give him a promotion." He patted the box to punctuate that statement. I should probably get Skylar out of there sometime, now that I think about it.
"Other than that, Skylar was in the box and I was disguised the whole time, so nobody should know something's wrong. Their radio, at least the frequencies I have access to, doesn't indicate they know anything either. They're just gathering in and around the control room as far as I can tell, hoping that the armour and automated systems there will keep them safe."

"So, what do you say, ready for some double O action? You're a special agent or something, right? You're supposed to be able to do this kind of sneaky stuff. I mean, we could just charge in with the truck and shoot anything in our path, but I'd prefer it if we made this as bloodless as possible." he said that final sentence in an almost pleading tone.

EDIT: "Oy, Blue-Sky." he said, opening the box and looking at the man inside. "Hand me that spare magic calculator. I got an idea..."
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 08:14:37 pm by Parisbre56 »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 08, 2014, 08:13:06 pm »

Team E- Lerman

Take cover! Take potshots at the turrets, keep my eyes open for any reinforcements or consoles I could use to disable the turrets safely.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 08:21:40 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 08, 2014, 08:38:21 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Thaddeus - Grunt - Ship Alpha- Roleplay

Thaddeus just stands there listening quietly, until Flint offers up the second improved Mk.I "Hey, so I'll take that second suit if bossman here doesn't want it." He says, nodding his head towards Milno."Also, I'm all for sneaking and not getting my ass shot off" said Thaddeus, nodding in agreement with Flints plan "So how do we want to do this? Act like we're hostages? Or that we're scrambling to get somewhere secure after finding out whats going on?"
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 08, 2014, 08:43:55 pm »

"If you think you can fool the people at the bridge into letting you in, I could take his place inside the box. Anyone else without one of these repairmen suits can stay here and move in later in case it's needed or after all is done." Milno answers whilst gesturing towards the big-ass box Skylar is hidden in. "Doesn't even matter if they make you leave the box outside the door or at the beginning of the corridor. After you get inside the bridge and get the mess started, I can just spring into action and dash into the room as long as the door's open."

Flint's mention of something having to do with a manipulator piques Milno's interest, since he's well-acquainted with the disasters people have wrought with their misuse. "And what idea would that be?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #996 on: April 08, 2014, 08:51:35 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Thaddeus - Grunt - Ship Alpha- Roleplay

Thaddeus just stands there listening quietly, until Flint offers up the second improved Mk.I "Hey, so I'll take that second suit if bossman here doesn't want it." He says, nodding his head towards Milno."Also, I'm all for sneaking and not getting my ass shot off" said Thaddeus, nodding in agreement with Flints plan "So how do we want to do this? Act like we're hostages? Or that we're scrambling to get somewhere secure after finding out whats going on?"

"Sure thing, let me get that for you." Flint opened the box. "Sky Drive, can you also get me that suit we got from that tech along with the magic calculator? Thanks." He said and closed the box again.
"As for how to proceed, assuming Sir Badgerlot agrees, I was thinking about two of us (probably you and me) wearing the orange suits while another (probably Milno) hides in the box and the fourth either waits for the all clear or for our signal to cause a distraction. We take the vehicle to the control room, explain that we want to get in and hopefully they let us in. I mean, why wouldn't they? They have no reason to suspect we're not part of the crew. As far as they know, nobody would be crazy enough to be shot into space out of a giant gauss cannon..."

"If you think you can fool the people at the bridge into letting you in, I could take his place inside the box. Anyone else without one of these repairmen suits can stay here and move in later in case it's needed or after all is done." Milno answers whilst gesturing towards the big-ass box Skylar is hidden in. "Doesn't even matter if they make you leave the box outside the door or at the beginning of the corridor. After you get inside the bridge and get the mess started, I can just spring into action and dash into the room as long as the door's open."

Flint's mention of something having to do with a manipulator piques Milno's interest, since he's well-acquainted with the disasters people have wrought with their misuse. "And what idea would that be?"
"Oh, very simple. It's good to have an insurance policy, a way to ensure that you retain your advantage over your enemies even if you're outnumbered and outgunned. Normally, one would use a nuke linked to their vitals to threaten people. However, seeing that we lack a nuke, I can always use the next best thing to threaten them if worst comes to worst." He said with a half smile. "Of course, I would never be stupid enough to use the thing unless all is lost and it is clear that we're all going to die anyway. Plus, I've never used one of those things before, I probably wouldn't even be able to turn it on, let alone use it. But hey, it will at least make my threats a bit more credible, if it comes down to that."

"So, are we moving out then?"
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 08:53:09 pm by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 08, 2014, 09:11:00 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha

"Yeah. Anyone staying back has to stay here in case there are no cameras around. It'd be better if we could drop them off at a floor closer to the bridge, but the camera I disabled earlier was pointed right at the lift. If we tried to drop someone somewhere else, another camera could pick us up." Milno explains. "Get any combat equipment you want to take inside the box, too. And if rookie's using that uniform, give him the ID and any papers of the guy you got the clothes from. The disguised people need to know who the hell they're impersonating."

We're following through with plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box: Milno hiding inside the box and disguised people driving the cart. We get to the bridge corridor and try to infiltrate the bridge. In case the infiltration works or shit happens, Milno activates EMM and reacts according to the threat and based on his usual combat preferences. Engage sods and turrets to destroy, engage armed humans to wound, cripple or kill temporarily and knock out any unarmed humans. Use melee or ranged weaponry as needed.
>Yes?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 08, 2014, 09:35:20 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Thaddeus - Grunt - Ship Alpha

"I also have one of those Microwave amp things in my head, in case we need them to believe that the manip will be used. I've heard the stories about those things, they scare the hell out of me."

Follow along with plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box. Put on advanced Mk. I and study the ID and any of the papers the previous owner had on him. Load laser into the box. Adjust laser shotgun from wide spread down to a narrow spread, sorta like a hunting shotgun with a choke. When shit hits the fan, get out of Milno's and Flints way, taking shots at targets of opportunity. Alternate between laser and microwave amp. Center of mass shots with laser, heat a one foot sphere centered in their chest by 200 degrees Celsius for amp.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 08, 2014, 10:28:50 pm »

Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

Finally get on and look at plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box. Because I've been doing less productive things all day :P

Sure, one spare magic space calculator and the spare suit coming up. I guess that puts me on shadow duty. Fine by me, I'll rocket in at your signal. Or when something explodes. Either way.

Shadow along behind the FUIAB truck, stick to cover and wait at any corners for the truck team to let me know that there aren't any cameras around the bend. Otherwise, stay well back and hidden.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 10:31:23 pm by Kriellya »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 09, 2014, 12:32:15 am »

Team E

Get into cover and start blasting at the turrets with my rocket rifle. Provide covering fire for others if they need it, namely if they are crossing between cover or need a distraction.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 09, 2014, 02:03:19 am »

Do that again, except without the Naruto reference this time.
Ok. So, gameplay mechanically, what do you want this to do? It seems useful, but I'm not sure how it works in terms of game mechanics.
((As of this iteration, not much. It's supposed to work when the entire team is equipped with it and helmets with all-around camera coverage. At this point, it will give all teammates a UI overlay showing any targets the team has picked, plus will re-mark those targets if the team happens to lose sight of them and the enemy tries to ambush and flank them, for instance - providing a chance to react to something they wouldn't normally be aware of.

At a later stage, perhaps combined with Saint's existing HUD system and various threat assessment routines (i.e. detecting humanoids by shape, marking rapidly approaching objects as dangerous, etc) it will eventually result in a squad awareness system that will automatically alert the team of various threats (including potential friendly fire issues) that they wouldn't normally have a chance to react to - effectively giving either a chance for a reaction roll when there wouldn't be one, or a chance of a bonus to a reaction roll, as long as the threat is visible to someone.

I.e. in that situation where Lyra failed to stop an ice shard from striking Feyri, the fully developed system would have given Feyri a chance to react despite Lyra not giving her a warning - either because Lyra's suit cameras spotted the incoming shard, or because Feyri's own 360-degree cameras spotted it.
At the current development phase, in the same situation, the system would have only warned Feyri if Lyra designated the shard as a target.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1002 on: April 09, 2014, 05:56:17 am »

Team A D - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Disguised Soldier

Flint started singing the Mission Impossible theme as the elevator descended.

Get the spare Microwave Manipulator from Skylar, hide all weapons I can't hide near the driver's seat in the box.
Once everyone's ready, take the elevator to the control room.
Make sure Skylar is hidden so that he can't be seen when the elevator doors open.
Once there, if there doesn't seem to be anything dangerous around, start driving towards the control room.
Keep listening to the All frequency for anything interesting.
I can't get a bigger speech dynamic bonus, right? Or a concurrent charisma bonus (by remembering how those people looked like or acted for example) in case I want try to salvage a failed speech roll?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 05:58:43 am by Parisbre56 »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 09, 2014, 05:56:30 am »

TEAM G

SPRAY MY GLORIOUS MINING LASER AT THEM
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 09, 2014, 06:57:03 am »

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Help Lars fiddle with weapon systems. See what all weapon systems are controlled from here.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 109