Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 212003 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1335 on: April 28, 2014, 01:41:43 pm »

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Bridge

"Stand still right now." Milno orders to all the bridge crew at the same time as he activates the MkIII's enhanced movement mode. He's almost sure they'll refuse to comply, so some bashing and breaking of bones is likely to be in order.

Activate EMM. In case Flint's diplomacy doesn't work (likely) or they move (even more likely), start to take out in ways that do not cause perma-death nor damage to the room itself. Shield-bashing, striking, knocking out, knocking down and, if necessary, temp-killing are all cool. In case they don't have anything protecting their mouths or nostrils, spray paralyzing gas around to make things easier.

In case they comply, safely restraining and knocking them out is enough.

Supposedly during combat sequence, to Team H (Sod Controller): "We got the bridge. I advise to just execute all commanders if they turn out to be brainwashed idiots and then try to prevent damage that bad order may cause."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 12:31:31 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: April 28, 2014, 01:51:09 pm »

Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

Remove any remaining equipment from the cart, then shove the remains of the cart halfway into the elevator, such that the doors would have to close on it, and tape down the hold door button.

Once that's done, if the bridge has been 'cleared' of crew, head over and start examining consoles, looking for important stations and ports to connect into for Steve.

While doing the task of shoving a pile of scrap around, something suddenly occurred to him...
Hey Steve, you said Sod order possibilities were standard, but the numbers were random, right? What sorts of orders are given with those numbers?
Cause if I were designing a remote control solider, I wouldn't bother trying to program in a thousand different movement orders for every possibility. I would have just a few, setup as 'Order: Relocate, location to follow'. Similar for most basic commands. But I *would* code in a ton of codes for failure states, like 'controller compromised' or 'ship compromised'.
So, realistically speaking, how many of the numbers those commanders are spewing could possibly do something we want the Sods to do?

(( What was that you were saying about the cart being ultimately useless? :P ))
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:27:25 am by Kriellya »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 28, 2014, 02:54:03 pm »

"It's really okay if you don't prove me right. Now put me down."
Lars laughs at this.  "Oh young Brother Grate, have you not learned?  Putting our faith in Steve has not yet lead us astray."
Grate just stares at him for a moment, trying to figure out what definition of "astray" his commander was using.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: April 28, 2014, 04:00:35 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Alright, you two grab our frozen friend and get over here. Follow the red path. I'll wait until you get here, and then we'll open the door."

Wait for Simus and Xan to get here, then open the door.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 28, 2014, 04:02:37 pm »

Team B - Temperature fuckup concluded.

Alright you're good, Simus. Let's go. Loot that corpse if you want.

To Morul: Morul, where are you?

Head to Morul location. Discard exo bonus again, charge Will bonus. Actually going to use it for something this time.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 08:23:54 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: April 28, 2014, 04:51:06 pm »

Team D,"Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

Stay at the bridge door and look threatening as Milno talks. When it turns to shit, provide non-lethal covering fire with the laser if possible and cook by 200 degrees Celsius centered on a one foot sphere on their chest for temp deaths.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: April 28, 2014, 05:16:33 pm »

Hold on a moment. Morul, the controls were fine, weren't they? I want to see if I can lower resistance to us taking the ship. Barotrauma should suffice. Unless anyone wants to try mild freezing again.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: April 28, 2014, 05:19:19 pm »

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

"..."
Test each command on individual Sods, just in case. If/When a code doesn't work, execute the appropriate hostage. With a single baton, and the head should be left intact. If one of them changes their minds and is willing to cooperate, don't kill them yet. Get yet another code for 'transfer control' and test it for validity on a single Sod, again. If it doesn't work again, cut off a hand and leave them to bleed to death. If all of the hostages are executed this turn, cut off their heads for later interrogation.

Additionally, take a closer look at the Sod command center the hostages were using, and have the support Sod examine it as well and tell me what it thinks the stuff is for. What else can be done here?

Finally, how many Sod teams are left on the ship, counting the one that may be sabotaging the ship at the moment?

To Team AD:
"Hey, you know those hostages I had? They're dead. Lying, suicidal, fanatical little... anyway. I've got nothing for you guys, sorry. Good luck. My guys probably won't be there in time to help you."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:54:04 am by swordsmith04 »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: April 28, 2014, 06:16:18 pm »

Do whatever my team leader tells me to do.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: April 28, 2014, 06:48:27 pm »

Team E - Lerman

We will remember Private Corpse's sacrifice forever. Progress down the path, but be careful not to set off any surviving plates.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: April 28, 2014, 06:50:36 pm »

Auron, team C.

Place the barrel of my rifle against the door and begin lasering my way through.
Simply cutting the lock bolts and sliding the door open is also acceptable.

Once on the bridge, stuff the most important looking crewmember in my woefully empty loot sack.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: April 28, 2014, 07:17:03 pm »

Hold on a moment. Morul, the controls were fine, weren't they? I want to see if I can lower resistance to us taking the ship. Barotrauma should suffice. Unless anyone wants to try mild freezing again.
I'll decline the offer; I need a decomp. Do as you will, I shall head to Morul's location.

Sig! Onol

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: April 28, 2014, 07:25:45 pm »

"They worked fine, as far as temperature was concerned. Bit tricky, but I suppose they weren't expecting anyone without training to use them."[/b]
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: April 28, 2014, 08:20:02 pm »

Team B 'Wild Weasels' - CO Simus

Wasn't an offer to you, Xan. After being frozen solid for a bit, I wouldn't ask you to do that again, you really do need a decomp. Perhaps I might tilt the pay for this a bit - I, at least, will not be in need of tokens much longer.

Now, I hope you don't have any orifices that contain air. You and Morul get the frozen guy back to the medical area of our shell, and then I'm going to expose the whole ship to vacuum, if I can, very quickly and for a short amount of time. The barotrauma alone, not to mention anoxia, should knock out most of the crew.

Simus attempts to find environmental controls relating to air pressure. Familiarize self once there (without touching anything). ((Charge AUX Dynamic Bonus))
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 09:12:37 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: April 28, 2014, 08:22:45 pm »

Keep it short.

Slightly action edited.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 109