Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 370480 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Banter and out of game questions: First time mafia stories
« Reply #435 on: April 10, 2014, 09:33:00 pm »

On an unrelated note, who here has had that experience where you are modding a game and really want to interject commentary in the chats, then remind yourself that you are the mod and say nothing?

*raises hand*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 10, 2014, 09:40:03 pm »

Because I isntinctively think of the way muppets flail.
And it's just hilarious.

And I haven't modded a game yet. I'm trying, but I just don't got the cred, so nobody's joining. (Other than a few lovely showoffaith-ers)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 10, 2014, 09:43:39 pm »

And I haven't modded a game yet. I'm trying, but I just don't got the cred, so nobody's joining. (Other than a few lovely showoffaith-ers)
I'm not exactly a showoffaith-er.  I'm in mostly because it looks vaguely interesting and there's really nothing else open, and it's less mechanics-focused than CYOM.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 10, 2014, 09:45:24 pm »

On an unrelated note, who here has had that experience where you are modding a game and really want to interject commentary in the chats, then remind yourself that you are the mod and say nothing?

*raises hand*
*raises both hands*
Oooooh goodness yes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 10, 2014, 09:50:02 pm »

*raises hand*
*raises both hands*
Oooooh goodness yes.

Same here.

Sadly, I have dropped my game limit to two lately.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 10, 2014, 09:50:30 pm »

In my first BM, I spent the majority of my time trying to explain a theory about the jailor that I had formed, claiming that there was evidence that there wasn't one and that was why one of the many lurkers had to be scum. Surprisingly, no one lynched me for it. And there was a jailor: the guy I thought was the cop.
You thought I was the cop?

Yep. Although using deadchat for this purpose is the safest though, unless there are resurrects.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 10, 2014, 09:54:48 pm »

If there are resurrects, there shouldn't be a dead chat.

The best deadchat mod comments are the vague and only tangentially helpful ones!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 10, 2014, 09:55:38 pm »

Anyone remember Kermit? :P
YESH

Personally, though, Animal was my favorite.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 10, 2014, 09:57:24 pm »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #444 on: April 10, 2014, 09:59:12 pm »

Anyone remember Kermit? :P
YESH

Personally, though, Animal was my favorite.

Animal was my favorite

ANIMAL

I want to.... EAT DRUMS!!!
[chews on a cymbal]
No, no!! Beat drums, beat drums!!
[stops chewing] Beat drums! Beat drums!
[Starts beating his head against that same cymbal]

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 10, 2014, 10:00:22 pm »

Those old guys are perfect for Mafia.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 10, 2014, 10:03:04 pm »

bring your own moderator
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 11, 2014, 05:16:46 am »

bring your own moderator
This gives me an idea for a mafia variant:

Eight players, eight games, each player is a mod of a game and player in the rest. If a player dies in one game, the game they're modding is lost. All games happen simultaneously. Bring-Your-Own-Mod ends when one of its games ends in a win for one team. Everything happens in the same thread.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 11, 2014, 06:39:46 am »

bring your own moderator
This gives me an idea for a mafia variant:

Eight players, eight games, each player is a mod of a game and player in the rest. If a player dies in one game, the game they're modding is lost. All games happen simultaneously. Bring-Your-Own-Mod ends when one of its games ends in a win for one team. Everything happens in the same thread.
You'd probably have to have different color votes and some way of using titles.

Okay, here's my bah post:

DAMN IT DON'T YOU KNOW THAT PUFFERFISH IS ALWAYS TOWN COP. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED IN HIS LAST BM TOO, EXCEPT THAT I GOT TO BE THE SACRIFICAL LAMB.

Oh, who am I kidding. Good game, everyone.
This is actually the third time Pufferfish has been the town cop in a BM. He got Night Killed N2 (by me)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 11, 2014, 06:51:19 am »

In my first BM, I spent the majority of my time trying to explain a theory about the jailor that I had formed, claiming that there was evidence that there wasn't one and that was why one of the many lurkers had to be scum. Surprisingly, no one lynched me for it. And there was a jailor: the guy I thought was the cop.
You thought I was the cop?

Yep. Remember when I was accusing you of active-lurking without knowing what active-lurking was? I stopped because I thought you were the cop. You being the JK didn't cross my mind because I seriously thought we didn't have one.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 193