Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Update speed, slow or fast or in between?

Fast, as often as I have time and there is a suggestion.
Medium fast, a cross between ^ and V.
Medium, wait for at least three posts before updating.
Medium slow, a cross between V and ^.
Slow, one update a day.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 58

Author Topic: Who Are You? (Rebooted in new thread.)  (Read 90152 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Poor poor Alex.)
« Reply #795 on: August 22, 2014, 12:17:45 am »

((You peeps are separate ingame entities, you can't simultaneously say the same thing~ You can put your favor towards something someone says though~ Which doesn't have the same effect but is similar.))

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 22, 2014, 12:21:13 am »

((Allow me to fix that.))

A little bird just told me that you happen to be in a unique position to hurt me. A secret power dwells within you. Something about classpects and other such segregational foolishness in all likelihood. Heroic fates and so on. I don't believe this person, obviously. You're just a weird schizophrenic kid who just whines about things a lot, aren't you? "Oh, I can't do this! That's silly! You're insane! That's not how things work!" And even when I give you sound advice that isn't a thinly-veiled ploy to destroy your life beyond repair due to the undeniable truth that I despise the simple fact that you exist and occupy theoretically acceptable air that would be better spent on, say, somebody who's less of a twit, maybe a cool dog or a malevolent cat of some sort, you don't listen! How silly of you. No wonder you need your boyfriend around to not stab yourself in the face repeatedly out of what I presume is intense loathing for your cross-wired, epileptic, peanut-sized puree of a brain and your inability to focus on anything important for longer than twenty minutes, and possibly your inability to not stab yourself in the face repeatedly without your boyfriend around, in a marvelous example of Moron's recursive feedback conundrum. It's all this sound advice you're not taking to heart, I tell you.

Anyway, food for thought. We out!

((I may be taking the RP a little too far, but hey, that's the road we walk in death.))

"Plus one, you pansy!"
Take a closer look at this text!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 31, 2014, 07:23:08 am »

Play some music.
See below because I'm too lazy to simply edit this post.

Oh wait...
Ooh, ooh! Play O Fortuna when you feel like the crap's about to hit the fan!

And stay safe, that too.

Hum along to Oh Fortuna.
I, for one, am out of questions to ask. So...Enjoy the ride, I suppose.

Do try to stay safe, though. We haven't seen any evidence to support it, but I get the feeling that you'll be particularly important in what's to come, since you can directly speak with us, for better or for worse. For most of the others, we appear to basically force them to do things, within reason, rather than hearing us as voices.

Thanks. And don't worry I won't "try" to be safe. I Will stay safe, or at least as safe as reasonably possible without locking myself in a bunker several hundred meters under the ground... Probably. Also thanks for the music suggestion. Lets hope Zane has it on his playlist.

Actually, one last question, Alex, if you will: What time is it?
According to the clock, it's 14:42 of the first ring of the second orbit if you are going by TST, if you are going by MST it is 16:27 un, and if you are going by SST it is 27:68 of the first cycle. Odds are is you want local time though for me, and that happens to be 4:42 pm of the somewhat outdated eastern standard time ((Guess what happens when humans get into space and starts moving asteroids around~? Lots of different timesystems and some extraplanetary colonies~))

"Zaaaaane~ Do you have Oh Fortuna somewhere in your car's memory?"
"Yes? Why?"
"Coooould you put it on it perhaps?"
"Sure Alex."

Zane presses a button on to the dashboard and the car's HUD activates, Zane sweeps his hand to the side and the HUD slides along the front window to the passenger's side.

Wanna find it? I would rather not crash, too many boulders out here.
Sure~

You type in Oh Fortuna into the search function using the keypad that forms on the window the moment you tap it and sure enough, it's right there. You set it to play on a loop. ((Honestly U.N. Owen Was Her would be a better song~ Tis what I ish listening to~ Actually you should listen to that whilst you read through the next several updates~ Which will be coming quicker now~ I has a schedule of updating worked out~))

A little bird just told me that you happen to be in a unique position to hurt me. A secret power dwells within you. Something about classpects and other such segregational foolishness in all likelihood. Heroic fates and so on. I don't believe this person, obviously. You're just a weird schizophrenic kid who just whines about things a lot, aren't you? "Oh, I can't do this! That's silly! You're insane! That's not how things work!"

((I may be taking the RP a little too far, but hey, that's the road we walk in death.))
((You have no idea how ironic that last bit about death was~ You'll find out once we get to Lune and friends~ As will all of you~))

Alex's right arm twitches, a white electrical discharge runs down it to his index finger

Enough.
"And even when I give you sound advice that isn't a thinly-veiled ploy to destroy your life beyond repair due to the undeniable truth that I despise the simple fact that you exist and occupy theoretically acceptable air that would be better spent on, say, somebody who's less of a twit, maybe a cool dog or a malevolent cat of some sort, you don't listen! How silly of you."
"Enough."
"What Alex?"

Another arc of electricity courses down Alex's arm.

"No wonder you need your boyfriend around to not stab yourself in the face repeatedly out of what I presume is intense loathing for your cross-wired, epileptic, peanut-sized puree of a brain and your inability to focus on anything important for longer than twenty minutes, and possibly your inability to not stab yourself in the face repeatedly without your boyfriend around, in a marvelous example of Moron's recursive feedback conundrum. It's all this sound advice you're not taking to heart, I tell you.

Anyway, food for thought. We out!"[/b]

Alex's eyes shade to a burning white, a continuous stream of burning white electricity begins coursing down his arm.

"I Š̷̳͔̜̻̗͕̦̣̬͓̲͔̰̞̋̔̉́AID̷͗ͣ̔̐̔̂̈̉̒͑̑͋̈͘҉̲̠͉̘̘͟ É̸̛̥̯͉͎̞̈́̑̽̄̃͊ͦ͢͜ͅǸ̷̷̢̹̱̭͕͕̒͆͑̇̾̽̌̊̂̏̚͟͡O͒̊ͭ̈͆̉̿ͥ̇̈̌̚͏̞̭̫̙̹͈̫̟͉̯̻͍̗̗̘͎̘͈͘Ŭ̽̅̓̾̊͟͏̪̹͚̖̩͔G̸ͯ̍̐̅ͥ͌͋̍ͬ̍͞҉̠̩̩͙̭̰̝̦̜Ḩ͍̘̟̫̱̼̲̱̻̳͕̘̜̙̏̄ͦ̓̋ͩͤ̽̂̈̆̋̽ͯͫͭ͢͡!̒̃ͨ͐ͧ̂̊ͫ͌̾̐̾ͩ͛ͨ̚͏̘̺͔̜̻̞̫͢͜͠"

Alex slams his right hand through the glove compartment, the plastic and metal shattering and bending as he smashes his hand into them. In the distant future. On the edges of a dying universe. Where reality begins to warp and fray, where betentacled monstrosities, vaster then the mortal mind can comprehend bask and feed in the nonelucidian rending of reality, a lost soul cries out in in existence rending pain. An ancient monstrosity gnashes its many teeth at the noise mysterious noise and returns to its drifting. The soul, screaming for what seems like aeons eventually.

Years pass. An old withered wolf drifts. He sniffs at the endless void and catches a familiar scent. He reorients himself and begins to gallop through the cosmos."

An aeon longer passes and the wolf finally reaches his destination. A drifting soul. Long lost. Far from where it should be.

Ah. That's where you got off to. I was wondering where you went. Lets get you back home shall we?"
"Assassin? Would you mind taking the Prophet and this soul back to when they should be?"

A small cat, black in shade and soul, almost equally as ancient as the wolf, crawls from a tuft of fur near the wolf's neck.

"Not at all sir. Would you like anything dealt with back then?"
"This time? Just... Don't let him win. You understand now what happens if he does."
"I will do all I can and then some Sir."
"Catalyst, you ready?"

"Yep~ I'm ready. Bye Master~ Say hi to Virkek'Nalshtruledek for me~"

The Assassin leaps forward, space distorting with an almost yellowblack glow, the small form of the Assassin hits the center of the distortion and vanishes, followed quickly by the Prophet, shrouded in flames and clutching the soul. The distortion vanishes moments later.

The wolf sighs. A passing tentacle blinks one of its many eyes.

Good bye you two..
Y̘̟̙o̥̩̟̜ͯ
Siiiiiigh.

Far in the past. A man in a tower watches as a knight, glowing brightly, clad in red materializes in the path of a speeding car and vanishes, car and passengers vanishing with him. Raising his comlink to his mouth, he presses a button and speaks.

Sir.. We have a problem..

Further in the future. But not far. On a plane of endless potential. An artificer toils in his endless workshop. Two cats, one black and one white sit atop a hulking machine, tails intertwined, both smiling happily.

Further forward still on another plane in a different universe, the corpses of a Lord and of a Seer lay limp upon the ground, A Knight and a Paladin clash as a Wanderer screams in grief, clutching the corpse that moments ago she had torn the heart and life from. A battle rages around them as gods clash above.

Back in the past. A man accused of witchcraft grins as he is lead to the gallows.

Forward again. A boy of much potential, his fate left to his choices and his alone is ripped from his world, his very reality and thrust into a strange and foreign land. His father, a former leader of a cell of "freedom fighters" falls through the hole with him.

In a bedroom. Two wolves frolic happily, the rended innards of a beast scattered across their living room.

In a completely separate house, on the other side of the continent, a teenage girl frantically dodges barbed swipes from a betentacled monstrosity. Seeing an opening she raises her shotgun and fires.

In a city, hundreds of miles away, a boy cowers in his closet with his many cats, a hulking creature thirsting for his blood screams in pain as he hears a very strange noise.

Phasing in and out of reality, a man screams in pain as his existence is slowly shredded. A glowing wolf frantically chasing him through time and space and universes, doing what he can to catch up.

In a dark and distant cave, buried by time, a wall shatters as the earth quakes, gouts of magma spill into the cavern, an infant dragon, still in its egg, the last of its kind, stirs from the heat. It's time to wake up.

Who shall you be?

The Man Accused?

The Toiling Artificer?

The Cowering Boy?

The Awakening Hatchling?

The Boy of Potential?

((Edit One: Fixed a misplaced colortag and changed a word to make it flow better~))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:26:00 am by Kevak »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 31, 2014, 07:54:28 am »

The Man Accused, or The Cowering Boy? Decisions decisions...

Question, because of time shenanigans will we still be able to go back to the witchcraft guy if we choose Eric?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 31, 2014, 07:55:45 am »

((You will at some point~ Although I can promise Eric ish not the most interesting option here~ You'll be getting around to everyone eventually actually~))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 31, 2014, 08:06:34 am »

Toiling Artificer.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (I should probs change this~)
« Reply #801 on: August 31, 2014, 08:25:40 am »

'Kay.

The Man Accused!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 31, 2014, 08:27:04 am »

((Totes gonna update Miasmatic later if I dun pass out from sleep deprivation~ If I do then it'll happen tomorrow~))

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 31, 2014, 12:41:19 pm »

((So that's why Kevak took so long to update; he was channeling the soul of Lovecraft!))

Let's go for the Cowering Boy.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 31, 2014, 12:46:52 pm »

Cowering boy.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 31, 2014, 12:51:27 pm »

The Cowering Boy, because this plot thread pileup is rather tiresome.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 31, 2014, 12:53:30 pm »

Cowering Boy.
Take a closer look at this text!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 31, 2014, 12:56:02 pm »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 03, 2014, 01:32:51 am »

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 24, 2014, 12:19:03 pm »

* flameboy99 pokes thread with a stick
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 58