Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282079 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Poll is the FG&RP board community at large, discussion is mostly made up of us FEF players.

That's pretty much what seems to be going on.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

Toady has not said no to me. I would imagine he is deliberating on the issue. And honestly, if the majority of the FEF players voted no or don't care, then two of them voted no, most voted don't care, and a significant portion of the FGRP subforum popped in to say they would like you all to get a room. 
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

And honestly, if the majority of the FEF players voted no or don't care, then two of them voted no, most voted don't care, and a significant portion of the FGRP subforum popped in to say they would like you all to get a room.
Or that they approve of them getting their own place if they want their own place.

A more detailed poll might have been more informative.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is true, but in terms of the community at large favoring a new subforum (and you must acknowledge that you're part of a larger community as long as you remain here), it seems pretty clear cut.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

This is true, but in terms of the community at large favoring a new subforum (and you must acknowledge that you're part of a larger community as long as you remain here), it seems pretty clear cut.

You say community, huh? Fine then, find me 5 people - non FEF-players - besides you who want us to have a subforum, and point me to their posts in this thread v:

After all this is a large community, so it doesn't need a mediator like you! They can speak for themselves :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You say community, huh? Fine then, find me 5 people - non FEF-players - besides you who want us to have a subforum, and point me to their posts in this thread v:

After all this is a large community, so it doesn't need a mediator like you! They can speak for themselves :3
I'm not a mediator. I just chose to bring up the issue. It is not my job to make people express their own opinions. I'm expressing mine and frankly that's all that matters to me. Votes are votes. I'm not sure if you're trying to imply I falsified the poll, but if so, easy on. All anybody wants here is to create an arrangement that is mutually beneficial both for you and your turn based strategy games and for the forum and the other games within it.

Speaking of which,  I'm not sure that "not having the Fire Emblem name would discourage new players" is necessarily accurate. From my own anecdotal experience, I avoided these threads at first because I wasn't particularly interested in Fire Emblem and had never played it before. Having a more neutral name might actually be less likely to turn away potential players right off the bat.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I'm not implying anything, little duckling :3

And the current voters' number could be very well easily the current FEF player-and-GM-base, plus one vote from you.

However if you do wish to help us with the sub-forum, do find us a name (and a description) that fulfills the current conditions:

A) Isn't 'Fire Emblem' so Toady wouldn't have to have second thoughts about legal issues,
B) Relates to 'Fire Emblem' enough for people to get the idea of what kind of games the sub-forum is for,
C) Doesn't sound utterly horrible and detached from Fire Emblem franchise.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't have to, one of your own players came up with it. Further Journeys. Boom. Worst comes to worst you could name it after the province that's most recognizable from the franchise.

Also, the condescension isn't warranted (or very mature).
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Considering the way the majority Western FE fandom is and the nature of the games continuity, I dunno how much that would help :P
It's FEF, not FEOF

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also Further Journeys doesn't actually explain what it is unless you know the handbook we're using.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One nice thing about having our own subforum is we could have our own stickies. I would not mind a sticky with suggested game mechanics, rule interpretations, tilemap tutorials, and FAQ.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

One nice thing about having our own subforum is we could have our own stickies. I would not mind a sticky with suggested game mechanics, rule interpretations, tilemap tutorials, and FAQ.
This is the most sensible argument in favor I've seen yet.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

That's pretty much one of the main reasons I like the idea so much.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is the most sensible argument in favor I've seen yet.

And it was made seven pages ago, too!

I dun care too much. Having it would be nice, since there's at least 2 FEF's incoming and it would allow us to add things like guides for first time GM's or players.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Yeah, it'd definitely be an upside.

But the issue is in Toady's hands now. Not sure why we have to continue to divert attention from the thread's purpose.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 300