Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 280449 times)

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! FEF2 HAS FINISHED!
« Reply #3690 on: May 19, 2017, 10:38:43 am »

Well it seems pretty likely its my hard drive has spontaneously died, along with everything on it, includig maps for DSE and mugs. Also the half done 1.4 but I hadn't touched that in ages so whatever.

Prospects for recovery are low. Dunno when I'll have a computer next.

Obviously DSE is suspended or dead. I'll probably be around less because hey, no computer.

Aw, hope that you'll recover and be able to get a new computer soon ;-;

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: May 19, 2017, 06:13:15 pm »

Reading earlier FEF games (especially the numbered ones by Haspen) is a good start. There are some over on Serene's Forest, too.

Ok, I'll take a look at those when I get the chance.

First post of this thread has FEF1 in pdf format if you'd rather read that :v

I actually downloaded FEF1 a couple of days ago, and I'm a good chunk of the way through now. Fun read.

Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: May 19, 2017, 08:24:10 pm »

I read the handbook and i have to say that this looks really interesting, but im not very good at rp and im afaird that i mess up, can anyone give me tips so i can maybe latter try joining one of these FEF? (also my english is not very good sorry  :( )
Also what games are looking for players? maybe i will join one if they accept complete newbies that have no clue about everything.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: June 11, 2017, 01:28:06 pm »

I feel like FEF would benefit from a discord
It can be accessed easily on mobile, whereas IRC will typically die on mobile if I tab out too long, and importantly it is persistent for each person using the chat, so we can keep plans and strategic conversations going much more coherently

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: June 11, 2017, 01:45:21 pm »

It can be accessed easily on mobile, whereas IRC will typically die on mobile if I tab out too long, and importantly it is persistent for each person using the chat, so we can keep plans and strategic conversations going much more coherently

Easily on mobile? It doesn't work on my phone.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: June 11, 2017, 01:57:24 pm »

We've had this conversation at least once in one of the game threads and the response was pretty much "meh, I wouldn't mind it"
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: June 11, 2017, 02:04:08 pm »

I read the handbook and i have to say that this looks really interesting, but im not very good at rp and im afaird that i mess up, can anyone give me tips so i can maybe latter try joining one of these FEF? (also my english is not very good sorry  :( )
Also what games are looking for players? maybe i will join one if they accept complete newbies that have no clue about everything.
This may well be late enough it won't be read, but personally - I'd recommend practicing your english. Just going through what you've written can help fix common mistakes - singular I should always be capitalised, sentences should always end in punctuation, and you can catch any typos that way (such as im afaird).

For each character you should decide on their goals, their personality, and their fears. Humans are flawed, imperfect creatures, so think of something they are strong in and something they're weak in. Perhaps they're very determined, but quick to anger, for example.
Most importantly they have to be willing to work with the group. Edgy loners end up being, well, alone, and that's just somewhat boring in the end.

Eh.
It does have the same issue as IRC in that people who don't check it regularly still won't see plans and stuff in a timescale that matters.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: June 11, 2017, 05:43:23 pm »

Also the last five times I went to the IRC room it's been totally dead, like FEF in general, so I don't think a Discord matters much. :V
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: June 11, 2017, 11:25:07 pm »

Also the last five times I went to the IRC room it's been totally dead, like FEF in general, so I don't think a Discord matters much. :V

Hard for it to not look dead when you come when half of people are asleep and other half is busy and you leave 3 minutes after joining before anyone can come back and say hi. V:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: June 14, 2017, 11:32:32 am »

So, I was thinking... Would it be a good idea to include all units' battle stats with their current weapon as mouseover text on their HP count? That would probably reduce a lot of going back and forth between Pastebin tabs for the players when thinking about strategy. Though on the other hand, I imagine it would require tremendous amounts of works from the GM, especially after levelups.

Something like this:
Bandit A: 24/24
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: June 14, 2017, 11:46:55 am »

Unfortunately, mouseover text doesn't work on all browsers and is useless on mobile. It isn't a bad idea, I'm just not sure it will help enough people to be worth the extra headache.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: June 14, 2017, 11:55:30 am »

I personally won't be doing it; too much effort.

Ditto.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: June 14, 2017, 03:50:38 pm »

My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 300