Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 291554 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 1: Blood and Guts
« Reply #390 on: April 17, 2014, 06:08:18 pm »

Cut off her... Pinky. She deserves to at least keep the most important finger since she's being civil about it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 17, 2014, 06:13:16 pm »

Nooo, self-sacrifice is for the weak, RIP HIS GUTS OUT!

(( It's kind of tempting to try, but I don't think this character is that brutal outside of the arena :P ))
Correction, this is still the arena. This is still being televised and such so it still counts on that for the most part. Besides, it's still going to be difficult to part with said appendage anyway. Lack of sharp objects still in effect here :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 17, 2014, 06:15:59 pm »

Cut off her... Pinky. She deserves to at least keep the most important finger since she's being civil about it.

Magarth looks at Cromwell as he proceeds with his cutting action.

"WHAT. ARE YOU DOING. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH HER."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 17, 2014, 06:32:21 pm »

Nooo, self-sacrifice is for the weak, RIP HIS GUTS OUT!

(( It's kind of tempting to try, but I don't think this character is that brutal outside of the arena :P ))
Correction, this is still the arena. This is still being televised and such so it still counts on that for the most part. Besides, it's still going to be difficult to part with said appendage anyway. Lack of sharp objects still in effect here :P

(( *shrugs* Different events. This is possibly me (the player) responding to what I think of 'reality' shows :P
But in character, we're as off the clock as it gets. She doesn't have to ensure that someone else dies or *she* dies, so there's room for cooperation and reconciliation. And while losing a thumb would be quiet detrimental, losing a pinky is comparatively harmless. ))

Magarth looks at Cromwell as he proceeds with his cutting action.

"WHAT. ARE YOU DOING. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH HER."

(( Besides, we have TCM in here to keep things entertaining for you :P ))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 17, 2014, 06:38:29 pm »

Works for me then :P

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 17, 2014, 06:58:06 pm »

((Nice to see the two of you are being civil about inflicting bodily harm on Kriellya.))

"So I'll owe you another point if I lose it? Sounds fair to me." Mason responds to Larry, before tapping his shackle to Larry's to transfer a point. After getting the revolver, he heads towards the fridge to get a snack before going over to the TV.

Do the point transfer thing with Larry for 1 point, then take the revolver. Get a snack and watch TV.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 17, 2014, 08:03:32 pm »

I have to ask though, how are you going to cut it off. You kinda need a sharp object for that, and I don't see any around :P
((Minor details.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 17, 2014, 08:04:30 pm »

I have to ask though, how are you going to cut it off. You kinda need a sharp object for that, and I don't see any around :P
((Minor details.))
((Teeth))
The Derail Thread

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 17, 2014, 08:10:25 pm »

That's still going to take a while. And isn't going to be the most pleasant of experiences.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 17, 2014, 09:01:35 pm »

((Why do you think he cares about either?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #400 on: April 17, 2014, 10:01:56 pm »

Larry shrugs.  "Just don't use them all or I'll be annoyed.  And you owe me another point if you lose it."

Rent out Revolver to Mason for a point.  Buy another arm to replace the one I carelessly misplaced.

Does this have any bonuses?  Don't suppose there are any synthflesh arms in there!

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)
You scan your Shackle against the vending machine and 5 points are deducted. It asks you to chose which limb and you select the Right arm, elbow down.  A large, very classy looking piano black box is deposited in the slot at the bottom of the machine. Inside the box, sitting on a bed of crimson crushed velvet is a chrome limb, polished to a perfect shine. It resembles a human limb, though it has a distinct style to it, vaguely art deco, like something born of a 1930's Cadillac. You stick your recently sutured stump into the waiting hole and scream out in pain and surprise as anchors punch through flesh and embed themselves in bone and nerve filaments are roughly jammed into the stump and seek out their organic twins. Then entire thing hisses as it seals the stump in some sort of thick plastic coating and permanently affixes it to your arm.  You flex your fingers. You have no sensations in the limb, it's just dead metal to you, but it obeys your commands like your old arm, so thats good enough. Perhaps better.

>Buy a beer.
The show is technically over for this episode. Any audience members are watching from at home, on their computers, through the cameras in the contestant living area.

You could just get a beer from your fridge.

Check out the 'entertainment' options. If they include a book, grab one and return to one of the comfy chairs and start reading.
Keep an eye on Cromwell and anyone he talks to

Spoiler: Kriellya Niabs (click to show/hide)
There's a small bookcase with books. You grab one at random and sit down.

Walk into the recreation area. Be rage that all my fat got shaved off.

WHY AM I SKINNY?! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?! WHAT?!

Check points.

Buy an Ice Pick.

I told ya, you gotta keep track of them yourself. Luckily Paris is doing it for everyone. Lets all give him a freaking round of applause because he's doing a really good, detailed job of it too.

You buy an ice pick for 1 point.

Allen Marc

Watch TV. Flip through the channels till something catches my eye

Spoiler: Allen Marc (click to show/hide)

You flip on the tv and click around until you find some very old reruns.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Search for anything to make a nice blade, spear, staff, or club. Purely for defensive purposes.
The room, despite being relatively nice, all things considered, is built very much like a prison. There don't seem to be any sharp objects, no chemicals to fuck with, nothing anymore dangerous then the sheets on the beds. You suppose you might be able to buy something from the vending machine, or break a bottle or something, but thats about it.

(Shard of glass and hope, my friend. Beer bottles make great weapons!

EDIT: That reminds me.)

Look for a stick of some sort, about a meter long.

You're not even there. What are you doing. Are you hallucinating again?

(( I reallly don't want to do this, it could be mechanically incredibly bad for me. Thumbs are important, damnit XD ))

.... Great. Fine. Your shackle wants a pound of flesh, the shackle can have it.

Kriellya puts down her book and walks over to the kitchen to find a knife of any description. Failing that, a glass bottle from the fridge. She then walks over to Cromwell, picking up a piece of fabric on the way.

I probably owe you a debt anyway. You do seem to be short a few organs. Mostly my fault, but when one of has to die or all of us do...

She reaches Cromwell and looks sad and distant for a moment, before handing the knife / bottle to Cromwell, handle first.

It's better to be certain then dead.

Let Cromwell cut/rip off my thumb (ideally the shackle thumb) with whatever we find to do it with. Stop the bleeding with the random piece of fabric
You offer your thumb, the right one since the left is held in the shackle and you can't remove the shackle, for removal.

(( So, directed at PW, on the subject of the shackles. Do they impede normal use of that hand? Cause right now I think we're all imagining them like megaman cannon's (replacing the entire hand and most of the fore-arm with a weapon), but I'm not sure if *you've* described them like that ))
They completely cover your left hand and can't be removed. You effectively only have one hand. Because yes, they are very much megaman style.

Well, no one has a knife yet, so there's that. You could stab it off with TCM's ice pick. Or try to use some broken glass. Or something similar. Or you can literally try to bite and tear it off. Though I'd find someone with decent str to do that, unless you just wanna gnaw on her for a while. I'm guessing she'd object to that.

((Nice to see the two of you are being civil about inflicting bodily harm on Kriellya.))

"So I'll owe you another point if I lose it? Sounds fair to me." Mason responds to Larry, before tapping his shackle to Larry's to transfer a point. After getting the revolver, he heads towards the fridge to get a snack before going over to the TV.

Do the point transfer thing with Larry for 1 point, then take the revolver. Get a snack and watch TV.

You watch tv while petting the revolver. Yes, whose a deadly girl, you are!

Allen's Shackle beeps.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 17, 2014, 10:04:19 pm »

I am not hallucinating. I am... duh duh duh... right outside the door!!!
EDIT: Stop being drunk, and go find a large stick, along with some twine.

(Is audience participation (Attacking people I don't like) allowed?)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:23:19 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 17, 2014, 10:12:15 pm »

"Um, does anyone have a sharp object we could borrow? The sharper the better, as it will likely hurt.

...Or someone with some very strong teeth, whatever."
The Derail Thread

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 17, 2014, 10:18:32 pm »

Allen Marc

Hehehehehehe. Everybody listen up! Show of hands, who wants to survive the next round? All I need is a few measly points from you guys, and yes, you will get them back immediately, and I can guaranty you will survive, as long as your head doesn't get destroyed! That sounds like a good idea, Right!?! 

Do the magical fist bump with all that agree

Spoiler: Allen Marc (click to show/hide)

Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 17, 2014, 10:20:02 pm »

((Sweet.  I've always liked the art deco style, so an arm of it is pretty swank.  I'm picturing something like this?))

Larry flexes the new arm, Luke Skywalker style.  Not bad.  He looks up and snickers at the commotion.

"I'll chew it off for a point.  You weirdo."

Search for popcorn to enjoy while watching drama.

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:11:48 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 153