Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 58

Author Topic: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 72; Game over man  (Read 46634 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 9
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2014, 04:10:08 pm »

Blargh. OK then, was looking forward to stomping everyone again(though I didn't see any fire mana on the map last time I looked :P)

Protip to everyone. If you see someone teching up heavily, you might wanna war with them to slow them down since there are some late-game units that can go one man army on you if you don't have any reasonably teched units to counter. That's how I won my game, by getting fire drakes with everyone else not even having a blacksmith
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 04:12:12 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2014, 04:18:21 pm »

Jboy, I'm willing to let you have that iron without contest, but I expect you to respect that the rest of that mountain range, at least to the south? That's mine. Not yours. Disregard this at your own peril.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2014, 05:05:24 pm »

Jboy, I'm willing to let you have that iron without contest, but I expect you to respect that the rest of that mountain range, at least to the south? That's mine. Not yours. Disregard this at your own peril.

Have we already discussed that looking at someone else's turns is cheating?
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2014, 05:21:00 pm »

Jboy. Do you really think I'm dumb enough to believe you don't want the iron? I don't want to waste a turn hoping the RNG gives it to me and not you, and I'd rather have the food producing river.

Regardless of turn submissions, it's pretty damn obvious what you were going to do, and I knew you would try to take it two turns ago.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2014, 06:05:48 pm »

Or maybe Im just OCD and want my empire sitting pretty between those mountains? Did that thought ever cross your mind? I wasn't even thinking about that iron, I just wanted my empire to touch both ends of the mountains.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2014, 06:08:36 pm »

woah woah woah guys, settle down! It doesn't matter who did what if you guys get this thread locked....
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2014, 06:31:07 pm »

Or maybe Im just OCD and want my empire sitting pretty between those mountains? Did that thought ever cross your mind? I wasn't even thinking about that iron, I just wanted my empire to touch both ends of the mountains.

Alright? I don't care. You're still going for the iron. The result is the same.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2014, 06:35:03 pm »

If it keeps you off my arse you can have the iron, in all honesty Im going for the mithril.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2014, 06:36:25 pm »

Just as a note, if you don't already have iron, mithral is useless since you need iron to tech up to mithral units :P

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2014, 06:43:11 pm »

I really don't like having to keep autoing Icefire, nor do I want to kick him from the game, because he has posted whenever he is on. But since he isn't on that much, I don't think I am going to have much choice in the matter if I want to keep the game going in a timely manner. And given my previous game of this (where turns always managed to take at least a week), I really want to keep this going quickly.
So next time he A) Fails to post a turn within two days after it comes up AND B) Fails to post within a day of the next latest person, he will be dropped from the game, and replaced.

The exams that were limiting him should be clearing up soon.  If you do replace him this will mess up a few negotiations I was had with him that had finished up with me being able to get 9,7...

Edit: Type on coordinates...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 06:45:49 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2014, 06:46:13 pm »

If it keeps you off my arse you can have the iron, in all honesty Im going for the mithril.

You can have the iron. That's what I was saying. There's still the eastern range's iron that I can grab, and I just got over there for the food. Just don't encroach on my stuff any farther than that, 'kay?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2014, 07:43:22 pm »

Blargh. OK then, was looking forward to stomping everyone again(though I didn't see any fire mana on the map last time I looked :P)

Protip to everyone. If you see someone teching up heavily, you might wanna war with them to slow them down since there are some late-game units that can go one man army on you if you don't have any reasonably teched units to counter. That's how I won my game, by getting fire drakes with everyone else not even having a blacksmith
You won your game by having like twice as much labor as anyone else. You could have done the same using other other things. The fire mana didn't help their position though.
I really don't like having to keep autoing Icefire, nor do I want to kick him from the game, because he has posted whenever he is on. But since he isn't on that much, I don't think I am going to have much choice in the matter if I want to keep the game going in a timely manner. And given my previous game of this (where turns always managed to take at least a week), I really want to keep this going quickly.
So next time he A) Fails to post a turn within two days after it comes up AND B) Fails to post within a day of the next latest person, he will be dropped from the game, and replaced.

The exams that were limiting him should be clearing up soon.  If you do replace him this will mess up a few negotiations I was had with him that had finished up with me being able to get 9,7...

Edit: Type on coordinates...
*Shrug*
Sorry on messing up your negotiations, but you should be able to do the same with Kash.
That said, I was under the impression he had his finals last week.

But honestly, if he is offline 5 days in a row (which is required for him to drop this turn), then he is still going to get the drop, because being offline for 5 days in a row during a game without saying anything is rather egregious. Otherwise your negotiations will go through and you get the iron (even if he drops next turn).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2014, 01:30:48 am »

Hey guys, just a quick status update for the current games I'm in - I apologize for not being able to post the past 2 weeks (I've been in Germany) and would like to inform you I will have very limited connection for at least the next two (As I tour Italy). Once I'm back in the States and with a frequent Wifi access i can resume normal posting times.

Also, applicable to Vanigo's game here, I also apologize for not giving a notice. I thought i would get better connectivity here, and would be able to play, or at least notify people. As it is, I can't even use my phone. :/
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2014, 02:46:21 pm »

Zanz, going to need your turn, or you are going to end up getting autoed along with Icefire.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2014, 02:56:02 pm »

Zanz, going to need your turn, or you are going to end up getting autoed along with Icefire.

Sorry about that.  I spent last night working on a turn for a game I promised to update roughly a month ago.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: The deal was Ice would give me 9,7 for a defense-only alliance between our nations.  I can pass you off a copy of the message, to give you proof.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:58:19 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 58