Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 185

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 775389 times)

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1980 on: June 09, 2016, 08:18:13 am »

I don't really have detailed information, but I can provide some anecdotal information regarding crashes.

Most of my DF crashes (DF 42.06, DFHack 42.06r1, TWBT 5.61) seem to be related to multilevel rendering as well. In any case, I've yet to crash at multilevel 0, and they seem much reduced at multilevel 1. However, I can't seem to figure out how to get DF to automatically set multilevel 1 on startup, fiddling with DFHack init settings doesn't seem to have any effect. Most common crashes occurred during rapid repeated z-level changes, with second place going to accidental double-tapping of ESC (bringing up and canceling the options menu immediately).

Mind, my current hard drive is on the flaky side and really needs replacing, so I can't be sure they're not due to HD errors somehow.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: June 09, 2016, 11:12:38 am »

I don't really have detailed information, but I can provide some anecdotal information regarding crashes.

Most of my DF crashes (DF 42.06, DFHack 42.06r1, TWBT 5.61) seem to be related to multilevel rendering as well. In any case, I've yet to crash at multilevel 0, and they seem much reduced at multilevel 1. However, I can't seem to figure out how to get DF to automatically set multilevel 1 on startup, fiddling with DFHack init settings doesn't seem to have any effect. Most common crashes occurred during rapid repeated z-level changes, with second place going to accidental double-tapping of ESC (bringing up and canceling the options menu immediately).

Mind, my current hard drive is on the flaky side and really needs replacing, so I can't be sure they're not due to HD errors somehow.

If you installed DFHack and TWBT yourself, then multilevel view should be off by default. Just add a new line somewhere in DFHack.init that says "multilevel 1" (without the quotes).

If you are using the Lazy Newb Pack, then multilevel view is probably set to 5 or 6 by default. Depending on the version of the Lazy Newb Pack you are using, the name of the file you need to edit will vary a bit:
  • Windows users: /starter pack/Dwarf Fortress/dfhack_PeridexisErrant.init
  • Linux users: /0123412-x64/df_linux/dfhack.init
  • Mac users: /MacNewbie/Dwarf Fortress/onLoadWorld.init
After you open the appropriate file above, search for "multilevel".

You will find a line that says something like "multilevel 5" or "multilevel 6".

Change that line to "multilevel 1".

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: June 09, 2016, 10:57:44 pm »

If you installed DFHack and TWBT yourself, then multilevel view should be off by default. Just add a new line somewhere in DFHack.init that says "multilevel 1" (without the quotes).
Mm. See, that's what I thought too, but it doesn't seem to be having any effect. Everything's self-installed, so... wait. What's this "onLoad.init" file doing here? Welp. Found the problem. Turns out GemSet includes an onLoad.init in the raw folder that sets multilevel settings.

KirigStonebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: June 11, 2016, 08:12:05 pm »

ptw

Doohl

• Bay Watcher
  • [OMNIPOTENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: June 15, 2016, 04:58:09 pm »

At multilevel 1, DF still crashes about every season for me.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1985 on: June 16, 2016, 09:47:22 am »

Just wanted to let you know that dfhack has made a release for DF v.43.03

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.43.03-alpha1

Hope TWBT gets updated too. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1986 on: June 17, 2016, 08:25:31 am »

Ha! Neither me nor anyone else have made patches for 0.43 yet, it seems. Will do that on weekend.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: June 19, 2016, 07:03:10 pm »

Having some trouble with RotMK tileset for TWBT - certain tiles are coming out all-black, notably saplings and bins.  If I do something that makes the bins blink, I can see the original sprite when it blinks green, so I think it's just covering the foreground with black?

Not sure if it's a tileset problem or a TWBT problem, so figured I'd report the issue here.  Already mentioned it to Rydel.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: June 21, 2016, 12:34:33 pm »

I have had that problem with MAT tiles in workshops. It wasn't a TWBT problem, but an issue with the materials. Does this happen with vanilla DF? (vanilla raws, with your TWBT overrides)

AFAIK, this is caused by an undefined foreground color, probably in the material being used to make the bins. (then again, your case may may be a rare TWBT bug, but I doubt it)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: June 21, 2016, 04:38:02 pm »

That sounds like they are inverted.  For saplings, I can just reverse the colors in the raws, but I'm not sure what to do for bins (though I haven't taken a look since TWBT hasn't updated for 43.03 yet).  Perhaps TWBT could get a way to reverse colors of things it's overriding?  If not, I may have to defines bins as having a static color, regardless of material.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1990 on: June 21, 2016, 04:46:36 pm »

I think this has been discussed before. DF handles colours differently for different buildings. Of course in TWBT I can apply colours any way, but I didn't want to change the default behaviour. So please check in vanilla and post screenshots if you think TWBT behaves differently.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: June 23, 2016, 09:35:38 pm »

mifki, is it okay to bundle Text Will Be Text with Lazy Newb Packs?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1992 on: June 23, 2016, 10:35:11 pm »

mifki, is it okay to bundle Text Will Be Text with Lazy Newb Packs?

That's what has been done always so I don't see a reason why not.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: June 23, 2016, 10:45:15 pm »

Thank you!

Erde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: June 26, 2016, 08:36:44 am »

Ha! Neither me nor anyone else have made patches for 0.43 yet, it seems. Will do that on weekend.
Don't mean to intrude, but any estimate when new version of twbt will come out? itching to dive in, but it is not the same without twbt.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 185