Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1193054 times)

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 261 Hairs breadth away
« Reply #7470 on: August 10, 2017, 12:30:08 pm »

Try to burn away the floating blood(?) near the portal with my phoenix form, or at least cause it to go somewhere else
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 261 Hairs breadth away
« Reply #7471 on: August 10, 2017, 08:04:02 pm »

Turn 262

Attack Nihilum.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cuberac was not about to be dissuaded from his attempt of victory and soon found another target. A mage robed in rather unusual apparel, he seemed impressive but Cuberac knew that Nihilum was not a great thinker under pressure. Though as Nihilum dodged the supposedly surprise punch and responded with a bolt of absence that Cuberac was forced to dodge lest he lose his head, he began rethinking previous evaluation.

James has a lot of healing items. With any luck (+1 ring), the elephant crushed at least a few and spilled them in his wounds, healing him along side his ring of regeneration and the healing gas present in the area.

The mind control healing seed James set up in his mind a long time ago might help against the mind possessing shadow demon thing.

Just try to wake up.
Stop, drop and roll. The regeneration ring will repair the damage, so putting out the fire is the first priority. The stiletto is animate, so have it stab the blood/portal without passing through while I do so.
Try to burn away the floating blood(?) near the portal with my phoenix form, or at least cause it to go somewhere else
Change the demonic portal into a wolf portal. Use all three essences and a lesser blood power.
((Do to the effect of my armor, I'm pretty sure that if the ghost succeeds in possessing me that I also get to possess it. That or the armor negates the effect. Possession is kind of a magic attack.))
Start ritual to teleport the members of TOAM to blades of grass in a safe universe.
+5/+5 essences

Sacrifices:
The ghost illithid

((For the ritual don't forget my +1 ring of luck just in case)

Sharrin did not know much, not anymore, but he did know that the portal was trouble and that he needed to deal with it. He chose to deal with it by throwing magic at it until the problem resolved itself. A seemingly brutish method, it was employed by great many mages in history to great success. The portal shifted, transforming from swirling darkness to a pale gray and changing into a shape of a wolf's skull. But it seemed strange, somehow unreal. Then a black cube fell from the wolf portal jaws and shattered, bathing the area in blinding light. When light receded and sight began to return, mages saw that shadow demon had returned, and was standing just next to Skeliborn, mimicking his movements in what was probably a mockery.

Gambler, gathering his will sent both his body and his stiletto towards doing something productive. He dropped on the ground and began rolling to (sucessfully)extinguish the flames while his stiletto slashed at the blood and fire surrounding the portal. Both blood and fire began rapidly disintegrating into nothing, leaving nothing for Seva to burn. James, meanwhile, was still struggling. The darkness became slightly thinner, the consciousness slightly closer, but there were other problems. Although he had managed to somehow miraculously remain unsquished by the elephant, some force suddenly bent his armor around his neck into his neck, leaving a shallow wound with adamantine bent grinding against it.

Yet another portal opened, small and not particularly stable. A purple hand emerged from it and sent ripples through the air. As the ripples passed, the shadow demon momentarily lost cohesiveness, the elephant was almost blown away by the wind, and the fog on Jame's mind cleared some more. But not all was as well, as Skeliborn fell to his knees, and nearly froze in place. Sharrin's wolf portal seemed to had begun slowly melting. Shouts of pain and struggle broke the silence, startling the mages.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 08:23:28 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 260 Safety at last?
« Reply #7472 on: August 10, 2017, 08:23:12 pm »

(I made some last turn?)
Turn 261

Three essences. Try to stay out of fighting.

Sharrin chose to stay away from the battle for a moment, both his own situation and the enemies were too strange. He needed a few moments to focus himself, and quite frankly, the foes failed to cause any real injury so far.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 262 The End is nigh
« Reply #7473 on: August 10, 2017, 09:16:05 pm »

((Right, I assume that my collapsing onto the ground is do to ghost Illithid trying to take over my mind, thus causing some sort of mental battle. By the way I'm 90% sure that when I made my bargain with Master Hepheastus that as part of the arrangements he got to inhabit at least part of my character's body along with me. I wonder how he feels about a spirit trying to take what is currently his.

In other words, there are three beings who could potentially vie for some level of control over my character's body/mind))
Break free of Ghost Illithid's Grasp. If Hepheastus decides to intervene and save me the trouble, go through the portal.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:22:49 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7474 on: August 10, 2017, 09:18:47 pm »

Go through the portal
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7475 on: August 10, 2017, 09:24:57 pm »

((Right, I assume that my collapsing onto the ground is do to ghost Illithid trying to take over my mind, thus causing some sort of mental battle. By the way I'm 90% sure that when I made my bargain with Master Hepheastus that as part of the arrangements he got to inhabit at least part of my character's body along with me. I wonder how he feels about a spirit trying to take what is currently his.

In other words, there are three beings who could potentially vie for some level of control over my character's body/mind))
Break free of Ghost Illithid's Grasp. If Hepheastus decides to intervene and save me the trouble, go through the portal.

There is no battle going on but you are currently both blind and deaf.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7476 on: August 11, 2017, 09:11:01 am »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Well, that didn't work out as I expected."

Right... okay then. Do PM stuff.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7477 on: August 11, 2017, 02:57:05 pm »

Try to activate my dispelling pyramid, and attempt to bash my enemy into mush.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 260 Safety at last?
« Reply #7478 on: August 11, 2017, 03:11:17 pm »

(I made some last turn?)
Turn 261

Three essences. Try to stay out of fighting.

Sharrin chose to stay away from the battle for a moment, both his own situation and the enemies were too strange. He needed a few moments to focus himself, and quite frankly, the foes failed to cause any real injury so far.

Apparently I forgot to write these down. My bad. But as you came from the mistake with three essences extra you would had otherwise practically wasted, It's not really a problem.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7479 on: August 12, 2017, 04:12:17 pm »

(I just remembered that I gave my armour to Grundar. Also the amulet.)

Fight off whatever is crushing my chest. Fight off whatever is clouding my mind. Try to ask Grundar for the amulet, that might help clear my head. Though I'm not entirely sure the amulet isn't a placebo. Also try to ask him for a health potion.

Summon... I don't even know what to summon. Something that will help. Maximum essences.

Get the seeds.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:32:05 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7480 on: August 12, 2017, 07:26:01 pm »

(Well it did have some effect at least.)

Turn the Shadow Demon into a wolf. All three essences and a lesser blood power.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7481 on: August 12, 2017, 09:31:23 pm »

Fight the darkness. Heal my eyes using the healing weapon I possess.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7482 on: August 12, 2017, 09:34:59 pm »

If the fire is out, stand up and be on guard. If it is not, keep rolling. Have the Stiletto cut the darkness.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7483 on: August 13, 2017, 07:09:33 am »

(I just remembered that I gave my armour to Grundar. Also the amulet.)

Fight off whatever is crushing my chest. Fight off whatever is clouding my mind. Try to ask Grundar for the amulet, that might help clear my head. Though I'm not entirely sure the amulet isn't a placebo.

Summon... I don't even know what to summon. Something that will help. Maximum essences.

Get the seeds.

So you did. Then you are bleeding from the neck quite heavily. Like, lethally heavily, if not for the regen ring and mist.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: August 13, 2017, 07:19:24 am »

"..."

Experimantally slash one of demonic portals to see if sword affects metaphysical things as well. Then, continue weaking connection to an already doomed world. 5 +1/+2 essences (wasting POT) for that. Also, Lesser Blood Power and as much Celestial Insight as needed.

((No point in holding onto those Insights anymore.))
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:30:33 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 506