Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971388 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion: checking dates is for squares edition.
« Reply #330 on: April 21, 2015, 07:08:59 pm »

And the Grey Knights, and some lore with them and the Sisters of Battle, and, and this one I can't forgive, he was the architect of the 'malekith is the Eternity King' scenario in End Times in Fantasy (I think).

Still sore over that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 21, 2015, 07:14:53 pm »

You know, I used to be interested in getting into W40K (the tabletop game that is) when I was younger. I'm glad I decided not to, really.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 21, 2015, 07:15:42 pm »

Our Spiritual Liege has a long list of crimes, both fluff and crunch.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 21, 2015, 08:02:22 pm »

Didn't he also do a Marines/Necrons teamup in fluff? One or two people were kinda butthurt about that.

Yeah, I enjoy it, but that is ebbing with every update they bring out. If I wanted to play Apocalypse, I'd play apocalypse.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 21, 2015, 08:06:16 pm »

Oh yeah, the Blood Angels and Necrons apparently allied against a Tyranid fleet or something at one point.
Which makes sense.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 21, 2015, 08:16:41 pm »

Oh yeah, the Blood Angels and Necrons apparently allied against a Tyranid fleet or something at one point.
Which makes sense.

...to be honest, it kinda does, though not turning on the Necrons and beginning the purge is a little odd. Nids bring people together.

What doesn't make sense is Tau having Imperial Guard (aka Gue'Vesa) as Desperate Allies, but Necrons as Allies of Convenience.

Where's my goddamn Battle Brothers with IG, GW?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 21, 2015, 10:41:36 pm »

Which makes sense.

...to be honest, it kinda does, though not turning on the Necrons and beginning the purge is a little odd. Nids bring people together.

What doesn't make sense is Tau having Imperial Guard (aka Gue'Vesa) as Desperate Allies, but Necrons as Allies of Convenience.

It makes more sense now since the Necrons are more than just mindless robots bent on destroying all life. Still, it was quite the... mood shift from the previous theme, which I did kind of prefer.
 I don't think Matt Ward works at Games Workshop anymore, having left in 2014 sometime.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 21, 2015, 10:47:14 pm »

Which makes sense.

It makes more sense now since the Necrons are more than just mindless robots bent on destroying all life. Still, it was quite the... mood shift from the previous theme, which I did kind of prefer.
 I don't think Matt Ward works at Games Workshop anymore, having left in 2014 sometime.
More than 0 can still be quite small.

I'm fine with Necrons as AoC. It's weird, but hell I can fluff up some Auxiliary units that just happen to have weapons, armor, and bodies that have stats and vaguely similar abilities.

It's the fact that we lost Space Marines(which admittedly was also strange), and STILL don't have any Gue'Vesa to show for it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 22, 2015, 12:09:05 am »

Mindless robots bent on destroying all life.
1. I know, it freaking annoys the hell out of me. Although I've seen people play 'Counts as' games with the farsight enclave as IG.
2. Yeah, was weird when they started talking in DoW. Though the whisper king seems cool.
3. They turfed him to fantasy- then he had some fun with the end times, now I think he's quit.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 05, 2015, 06:08:10 am »

Why doesn't the Imperium just launch a crusade into the Eye of Terror and Exterminatus all the Chaos planets?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 05, 2015, 06:21:06 am »

Why doesn't the Imperium just launch a crusade into the Eye of Terror and Exterminatus all the Chaos planets?

They've tried. Most of the time they get ripped apart by lesser daemons if they're lucky. Others become the Ruinous Powers' bitches for all eternity, writhing within the warp while they are tortured by dark powers. The Eye of Terror is basically a huge-ass rip in reality. They translated the Laws of Physics into wavelength form, dyed it, then folded it three and a half times.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 05, 2015, 06:24:47 am »

Why don't they Exterimantus it from outside the Eye of Terror, then? Just strap Exterminatus missiles with warp drives and some guidance systems and aim them at the planets. Even if most won't work because of physics-tampering, some are bound to hit their targets.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 05, 2015, 06:27:42 am »

Exterminatus isn't long range. They have to do it above the planet. And it takes hundreds and hundreds of battleships with hundreds of thousands of ordnance to Exterminatus one world.

The Eye of Terror holds more than thousands of Daemon Worlds, some home to Daemon Primarchs. It's also the Birthplace of the Prince of Pleasure. I'm pretty sure that is where Chaos is strongest.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 05, 2015, 06:39:18 am »

Exterminatus isn't long range. They have to do it above the planet. And it takes hundreds and hundreds of battleships with hundreds of thousands of ordnance to Exterminatus one world.
Then what's this? Like I said, though - guidance systems and warp drives. Remote-controlled and all that. Basically KSP with an Exterminatus missile.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 05, 2015, 06:43:01 am »

Then what's this? Like I said, though - guidance systems and warp drives. Remote-controlled and all that. Basically KSP with an Exterminatus missile.

And then the machine spirit of said computers gets corrupted by the warp.

And then the missiles decide to bomb Terra instead.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 824