Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965318 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #1545 on: September 04, 2015, 12:50:14 pm »

*more grumbling on ITEHSTTD's various crimes against fluff*

Though it's dang funny.
Like which? I mean, okay, it's meant as no serious and nothing that actually happens post-ttsd is what would really happen but before that it holds together really well, even if it diregards some of recent GW fluff because it's fucking stupid (Ollanius Pius hurr).
Mainly its explanation of the War in Heaven and the aftermath, though that particular event is so shrouded in mystery it's impossible to really know what happened. Still.
How does it's explanation of the War in Heaven differs from the actual Necron (or whatever, I don't remember where this version came from) "canon"? I mean, I am pretty much sure that this version exist in actual canon. Emperor may know it like that, since it's, you know... War In Heaven and he wasn't around at the time?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: September 04, 2015, 12:54:15 pm »

Haven't watched the videos in a while but IIRC the main thing that confused me was the assertation that the Eldar were just there beforehand rather than having been created by the Old Ones. Now there were other things, but I'd have to watch the video and I'm too lazy for that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1547 on: September 04, 2015, 01:48:42 pm »

IIRC there is a canon viewpoint that Eldar are the Old Ones, or that might just be "lost in translation", since I only read up on this in Polish versions of Codexes (I think it was Necron one).
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1548 on: September 04, 2015, 06:09:58 pm »

"The Box" in the All Guardsmen Party... It's the murder /k/ube. God damn it's the murder /k/ube.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: September 04, 2015, 11:20:34 pm »

The all guardsmen party. Those guys are surprisingly effective. Such a low fatality rate to.  Though I've noticed how Twitchy seems to be the one saving their asses. Once Twitchy goes, I bet their all fucked.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: September 05, 2015, 02:35:43 am »

Yeah, 7th edition Black Templar Love psykers.
They just hate enemy psykers.
The reason they have no librarians is because of 'an unusual gene-seed flaw'.

Wow. Be less shit, GW.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1551 on: September 05, 2015, 03:24:03 am »

Yeah, 7th edition Black Templar Love psykers.
They just hate enemy psykers.
The reason they have no librarians is because of 'an unusual gene-seed flaw'.

Wow. Be less shit, GW.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: September 05, 2015, 03:26:28 am »

I just plain don't like the Black Templars. They're probably my least favorite founding chapter.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1553 on: September 05, 2015, 03:52:08 am »

I just plain don't like the Black Templars. They're probably my least favorite founding chapter.
Black Templars are pretty cool with their "I'm going to STAB you" fetish, being canon Manly Marines and Angry Marines in one, not giving a shit about the Spiritual Liege and Codex numbers, being Imperial Fists successors (all of them are pretty damn cool), giving a shit about people of Imperium, giving a shit about helping other chapters (Celestial Lions ;_;7).
Spoiler: You know it's true (click to show/hide)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: September 05, 2015, 12:27:42 pm »

Black Templars are not a founding chapter, they're derived from the Imperial Fists.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1555 on: September 05, 2015, 12:48:20 pm »

Black Templars are not a founding chapter, they're derived from the Imperial Fists.
I presumed he meant second founding.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:54:30 pm by Kot »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: September 05, 2015, 12:57:08 pm »

I presumed he meant first founding.

Yep, which is when the Emperor created the space marine legions. Black Templars are a Second Founding chapter from when the legions were broken up by Guilliman and their adherence to the Codex Astartes.

#lore
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:58:51 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1557 on: September 05, 2015, 01:54:12 pm »

I presumed he meant first founding.

Yep, which is when the Emperor created the space marine legions. Black Templars are a Second Founding chapter from when the legions were broken up by Guilliman and their adherence to the Codex Astartes.

#lore
Argghhh, I actually meant second founding. I was mislead a bit because you said they weren't "founding chapter".. Derp. I am slightly offended that someone thought I didin't knew this.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1558 on: September 05, 2015, 05:21:18 pm »

What don't you like about Imperator Vult? They're almost as brotier as Salamanders

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: September 05, 2015, 06:42:42 pm »

Well, they are kinda religiousy.

To be honest, the later codeces kinda paint them as the ecclisiarchy's whipping boys, rather than the 'give no shit crusaders' that they were in earlier eds.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 824