Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965461 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2370 on: December 28, 2015, 10:29:07 am »

Is it not beautiful?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2371 on: December 28, 2015, 11:20:32 am »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: December 30, 2015, 10:56:13 am »

Quick mock up of a Berzerker conversion I'm working on. Planning to do about 20 guys like this for a Fist of Khorne. Would ideally replace all my chaos marines with similar stuff.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: December 30, 2015, 11:51:35 am »

...Sorry, I can't tell; what's it being converted from/to? AoS to 40k or vice versa?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: December 30, 2015, 02:22:59 pm »

...Sorry, I can't tell; what's it being converted from/to? AoS to 40k or vice versa?

Can't tell if you're just being snarky about AoS bits or not. Will assume it's an honest question.

It's mostly chaos raptor parts with the head and left arm coming from the AoS Blood Warriors, the backpack is a standard CSM one, which I plan to either swap for a cooler one or pimp up to match the rest of the armour.

I plan to use it as a Khorne Berzerker in my KDK army.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: December 30, 2015, 03:10:14 pm »

Been reading the Grey Knights books.
I mean, Ben Counter gave them chaplains, which is apparently not a thing no more, but other than that they aren't as phallically-inclined as I had believed.
I mean, the canon is in shreds. But these shreds may have been the better ones.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: December 30, 2015, 03:28:55 pm »

I was honestly asking. I know very little about AoS so I didn't know if you'd put on a chaos marine backpack and pistol-arm/hand onto an AoS model.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: December 30, 2015, 05:44:58 pm »

Awesome stuff as always, Grim Portent.  :)
By the way, what is behind the scene, from how the legs and some giant weapon arm look, it seems to be titan, can you show it?

Have read some chapters from priests of Mars. The writing and story telling are pretty astonishing, however titan princepses are depicted in some weird fashion. I expected them to be more about having space marine chapter master tier wisdom and tactical genius then about hurr durr me alpha dog of the pack. 

Also I suddenly remembered the picture resembling  dawn of war intro epic flag scene. It was showing blood ravens flag on the hill from the first person view of the shot space marine on the ground, he tried to reach the flag with his hand, in the hand  was dice, which landed on 1. Does not anyone have it or know it by any chance?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: December 30, 2015, 10:18:16 pm »

I was honestly asking. I know very little about AoS so I didn't know if you'd put on a chaos marine backpack and pistol-arm/hand onto an AoS model.

Right, it's just that the internet is rather full of people with a tendency to snark on anything AoS related. Often hard to tell when a question to do with warhammer is a subtle jab at it or not.

Anyway, the Blood Warriors are often used as Berzerkers by just slapping a backpack on them, maybe a pistol and then just calling it a day, but I really hate the leather boot look. Really doesn't suit Chaos Marines, so I decided to use raptors, them being the most detailed power armoured marine kit other than the DV Chosen, and try a little kitbashing and knifework.

The actual Blood Warrior torsos will probably be used for something eventually. Carapace armoured R&Hs soldiers maybe.

Been reading the Grey Knights books.
I mean, Ben Counter gave them chaplains, which is apparently not a thing no more, but other than that they aren't as phallically-inclined as I had believed.
I mean, the canon is in shreds. But these shreds may have been the better ones.

I remember reading those books. Really liked them, but I can understand why GW made the move to how GKs are now.

Awesome stuff as always, Grim Portent.  :)
By the way, what is behind the scene, from how the legs and some giant weapon arm look, it seems to be titan, can you show it?

That's a FW Decimator daemon engine. Not got any pictures of either of them I can post right now, but I'll try to remember to post one after I've slept. Pretty late here right now.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2379 on: December 30, 2015, 10:58:49 pm »

Right, it's just that the internet is rather full of people with a tendency to snark on anything AoS related. Often hard to tell when a question to do with warhammer is a subtle jab at it or not.
FUCKING AGE OF SIGMAR.
LIKE, WOW, GW REPLACED THAT GLORIOUS SPACE MARINE AND IMPERIAL AQUILLA WITH A SIGMARINE AND... something, THEY SHOULD GO AND RECONSIDER WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: December 31, 2015, 08:13:32 am »

Keep it up GW, soon you will be no more. I just wish they sell the Warhammer IP to somebody with their heads out of their collective asses, unlike the current owners.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: December 31, 2015, 08:15:46 am »

Keep it up GW, soon you will be no more. I just wish they sell the Warhammer IP to somebody with their heads out of their collective asses, unlike the current owners.
This.

Maybe they'd realize the main reason a lot of people stay out of the hobby is the price and lower it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: December 31, 2015, 11:22:00 am »

If I remember right, didn't dwarves basically get the Squat treatment in AoS?

And to think. I was wanting to go into Fantasy specifically to play dwarves...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: December 31, 2015, 11:28:59 am »

What's the squat treatment?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: December 31, 2015, 11:46:10 am »

What's the squat treatment?

Squats were withdrawn, effectively written out of canon and no longer are a army available to play.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 824