Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965212 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2985 on: February 12, 2016, 03:43:18 am »

I'm just imagining the equivalent of a Parabolic Reflector solar power plant, but with lasgun-armed conscripts instead of mirrors.

...That shit could probably take out a god.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 12:16:04 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2986 on: February 12, 2016, 07:37:01 pm »

Actually the "deathstar" works in melee, though it requires some allied librarians, some psykers and priests. What you get is basically invisible 50 man squad that hits 100 S3 attacks on charge, rerolling hits and wounds, has rending and like 2+ and 3++ rerollable save, 4+ Feel No Pain and Rending. There are very few things that are scarier in melee, and due to it's tarpit properties the conscripts are better even than Chapter Master Smashfucker and most of the powerful melee special characters. I think you can get also Furious Charge if you ally with Dark Angels with Azrael.

Also wrong image you got there, I guess.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: February 12, 2016, 08:48:01 pm »

I think it's more the number of piled up bodies that does the killing than actual melee weapons they might be sporting.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2988 on: February 12, 2016, 09:09:32 pm »

I think it's more the number of piled up bodies that does the killing than actual melee weapons they might be sporting.
It's the number of piled up bodies that are ridiculously hard to kill and due to various bonuses their melee weapons are actually pretty decent, at least decent enough to take out even the biggest and baddest.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: February 12, 2016, 10:24:04 pm »

Reeendiing?

I only know of a single Malediction which can give that.
If there's something else, Dear god let me know. I want to FRFSRF all of my platoons at that goddamn wraithknight.

Bolt pistol and chainsword vs laspistol and powersword.
???
Everything IG can switch their laspistol for a bolt pistol.
Also, IG sergeants use chainswords too.
Space marines really aren't that special when it comes down to it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2990 on: February 12, 2016, 11:11:05 pm »

Reeendiing?

Thanks to Misfortune physic power, you nerf the enemy, not buff your units. I don't actually really know, I don't actually play the damn tabletop.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: February 13, 2016, 12:17:04 am »

Also wrong image you got there, I guess.

Shit. Damn copypaste keys bugging. I fixed it.

Also here.

The tower in the middle gets nuclear-reactor hot.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: February 13, 2016, 05:24:29 am »

Reeendiing?
I only know of a single Malediction which can give that.

Misfortune
yup.
Poo
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 06:09:39 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: February 13, 2016, 07:25:15 am »

I have been playing chapter master. En route to stop a ork invasion the other side of the sector I get notice the genne sed has mutated (even when I selected 9 in stability), I ditch it all except 5 that I had growing on 5 slaves. Hope that didn't mutated too.
On almost arriving to the planet under attack by orks to discover the sisters and pdf tool care of them. Next turn an Ork waaagh arises at the center of the sector and the imperium demands a sample of genne seed? All they got was a I.O.U note...
Next turn the fleet arrives to the planet and I see a shinny button I must press... next thing I know I'm engaging the local defense fleet in battle and there's no way out without actually fighting. With half marine fleet I easily win.
Next turn a lot of navy fleets are moving towards my monastery/recruiting system... :/
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: February 13, 2016, 02:13:04 pm »

@Tack: Not what I meant. I mean someone (space marine I guess, doesn't matter) with a bolt pistol and chainsword vs an essentially same guy with a laspistol and powersword.

What, like a who would win thing? Guy with the powersword if they're in carapace armour or better, guy with the bolt pistol if they're in flak armour or worse.

Power weapons are incredibly deadly unless you have another power weapon to parry it, but bolt weapons butcher lightly armoured targets.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: February 13, 2016, 08:05:03 pm »

Just did 150 pts game.
1 squad of space marines vs 1 platoon imperial guard.
Imperial guard were winning until the space marines charged. Then it went slightly downhill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: February 13, 2016, 08:37:46 pm »

What chapter of Space Marines? Was it the Ultramarines?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: February 13, 2016, 08:39:03 pm »

Can't be the ultramarines.
They would have won easily, then a bunch of other chapters would show up to hail Gulliman as their spiritual liege.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: February 13, 2016, 09:18:55 pm »

Salamanders.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 824