Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971423 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

I'm not even sure which would be the greater joke, AKA probable 40k lore...
If the husked Kriegers go to daemons for being inhuman,
or if the normal human guardsman get taken because they actually have souls left to feast on.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Kreigers probably have the armor of contempt.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Kriegers go to Terranis. Terranis holds.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

I don't know what always started that Kriegers were exclusively soldiers was there some shift in official canon fluff?

Because i distinctly remember third edition stuff that stated that despite all the Corpse-Soldiers, the Vitae-Wombs, the Quartermasters and so on, that the Kriegans still had culture, that they were producing moving operas, that they still had industry and civilians on their planets and that in general there was also a life to come back to if they survived long enough.
If GW/General Canon/Fanon has reduced them to Trenches and Death, i'd be rather sad.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

A good Krieer does what he's told! If he's told to relax for the God-Emperor, goddamnit! He's gonna do it! He's gonna relax THE MOST. THE BEST. AND THE HARDEST HE CAN. AAAAAAAGH, FOR THE EMPEROR!!!
DEPLOY ADMINISTRATUM ISSUED COMFY RATIONS NOW

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

COMPANY, AT EASE
REMOVE MASKS
IGNITE LHO STICKS
AT MY ORDER YOU WILL INHALE
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 06:20:16 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

IIRC, the Krieg operas are canon, but it was implied to be pre-War operas which makes existing ones doubly valuable as there will never be anything similar.
From what I gathered from canon, they still have emotions and various human impulses, they are just thorougly trained to not show them. Throw in some good old PTSD and people belive that in canon they're literally Dead Men Walking.
In fanon they're cute shy PTSD veterans with soft spot for classical music, digging trenches and goose stepping that invariably are extremly loyal and amazing but also the most ruthless killing machines on this side of Eye Of Terror if you get on their bad side.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

I figured they were ants.
Some are born to be culture and breeding and survival in the tunnels.
Soldier ants are raised differently.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Converted the Cataphractii Captain from the Calth board game box into a Chaos Lord/World Eaters traitor Praetor.

Little heads up, 4 pretty big images in the spoiler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is really cool, Grim! I love the codpiece detail!

Why are Chaos Space Marines broken up into Chapters? Shouldn't they be in Legions? Is that just the name the Imperials have given them?
Under further investigation, it's just GW being inconsistent. As always.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:22:16 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

CSM both are and are not broken into Chapters. There are actually three forms of organization for them.

-Legions
-Chapters
-Warbands

In order of power. Only a couple of the Legions are still together and functional (also going by Chaotic standards for both of those). Example: Black Legion. Then there are Chapters, which are all marines who either defected from the Imperium after the Second Founding or joined up with the aforementioned after leaving another group. Example: Red Corsairs. Then there are the Warbands, which are every smaller group, including some of the shattered Legions. Below say a single squad they're just not a group. Example: World Eaters (Post-Kharn).
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Don't forget the fourth organizational structure:
  • Edgelord

So you get your lone CSM taking control of a planet's heretics for example, but they're just regular heretics and not double heretics or CSM. Fallen Angels really like using the edgelord formation, you'd think an 8ft tall walking battle tank would be a lot harder to infiltrate society with, but Chaos finds a way

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Well, Space Marines do that too. They're apparently capable of staging pro-Imperial uprisings.
Never understood how that would work. Maybe scouts without armour posing as especially bulky humans?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile

Well, Space Marines do that too. They're apparently capable of staging pro-Imperial uprisings.
Never understood how that would work. Maybe scouts without armour posing as especially bulky humans?
They remain hidden using loyal agents as their face.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

They still have to get at least that one agent to pose as their face. Also, where do they hide, under bridges? In basements? What do they even do there?
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 824