Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965364 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #11025 on: January 31, 2019, 12:35:37 pm »

Admiral Spire is the guy in charge of the counter-13th operations.

Same guy as BFGA.

So the same guy who beat Abbadabbadoo's ass in the 12th comes back for round two.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #11026 on: January 31, 2019, 03:07:01 pm »

Same values, both tables were 3v3 with 1500 per person.

Sounds like a blast. I just ran my 1k freebootaz list against Death guard with similar results.
He even ran a few Daemon Princes to cheese his way through, to no avail against my 2+ to hit flash gitz.

AP -2 runs them up against the invuln, and then 2D messes with their feel no pain save.
It’s the equivalent of running autocannons against RobbyG

My only complaint would be the comparatively lacklustre melee. They’ve got the attacks, but nothing which would charge them usually cares without some kind of AP or D.

Yeah. Plus my opponent made the classic Blunder. Well, both classic blunders really
1. Believing that tarpits would do anything at all against Boyz
2. Letting Orks get within 12 inches of something they intend to krump
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11027 on: January 31, 2019, 03:45:49 pm »

Oops, all boyz.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #11028 on: January 31, 2019, 05:17:11 pm »

New beta patch, some random fixes, and a new game-mode which almost doubles the size of fleet you can use in 2v2.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11029 on: February 01, 2019, 12:15:14 am »

Yeah. Plus my opponent made the classic Blunder. Well, both classic blunders really
1. Believing that tarpits would do anything at all against Boyz
2. Letting Orks get within 12 inches of something they intend to krump

Had someone run (index) genestealers against my (index) boyz back in the day. He threw out all of the spells and brought along the patriarch and magus and all of that goodness in order to have his squad of 20 stealers give out a whopping 90 attacks, and completely deleted one of my 30 man units of boyz.

At which point my second 30 man unit of boyz turned around, charged them, and with a Ghazkull buff got off 150.
Scary numbers of dice on that table.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11030 on: February 01, 2019, 12:19:41 am »

the boyz are back in town the boyz are back in town
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11031 on: February 01, 2019, 08:58:33 am »

Had someone run (index) genestealers against my (index) boyz back in the day. He threw out all of the spells and brought along the patriarch and magus and all of that goodness in order to have his squad of 20 stealers give out a whopping 90 attacks, and completely deleted one of my 30 man units of boyz.

At which point my second 30 man unit of boyz turned around, charged them, and with a Ghazkull buff got off 150.
Scary numbers of dice on that table.
A classic illustration of fungal-bacterial relations throughout the 41st millennium

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11032 on: February 01, 2019, 11:09:51 am »

I remember reading a tidbit on Ork Genestealers, and I was telling a friend about it, and he said: “How would that work? Isnt Ork DNA just a bunch of tiny Orks chanting the word “Ork” over and over?”

This is now my headcanon for Ork Biology
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11033 on: February 02, 2019, 04:49:52 am »

I remember reading a tidbit on Ork Genestealers, and I was telling a friend about it, and he said: “How would that work? Isnt Ork DNA just a bunch of tiny Orks chanting the word “Ork” over and over?”

This is now my headcanon for Ork Biology

I told my housemate about this.  He also accepted it as his headcanon.  It's Orks all the way down.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11034 on: February 02, 2019, 04:57:05 am »

Orks do occasionally wear denim, leaving them vulnerable to deadly jeanstealers.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11035 on: February 02, 2019, 05:36:16 am »

I recall that Orks are able to be injected, but because their method of breeding is usually through spores (read; tiny ork molecules) the genestealery stuff can't actually get around.
So they just become a clan of super weird orks obsessed with the 'ideal' of a four armed gorkamorka.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11037 on: February 02, 2019, 10:51:28 pm »

I recall that Orks are able to be injected, but because their method of breeding is usually through spores (read; tiny ork molecules) the genestealery stuff can't actually get around.
So they just become a clan of super weird orks obsessed with the 'ideal' of a four armed gorkamorka.

The genestealer cult codex in 7th mentioned the Imp Guard shooting an ork gargant only for a horde of ork/genestealer hybrids to pop out and slaughter eveeeerything, so the way they work is implied to be that every spore that an implanted ork releases grows a hybrid instead of a normal ork, but like human hybrids they still maintain cultural elements from the host species.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11038 on: February 03, 2019, 01:30:36 am »

In older editions (methinks 2nd) Ork genestealers would exist, and everything would go according to usual, but then the Ork Genestealers would fight AGAINST the hive mind, allied with the regular Orks (Presumably because the tiny now-four-armed Boyz in its DNA were yelling “ORK” more than “GENESTEALER”). Proving that while you can put the Genestealer in the Ork, you can’t take the Ork out of the Genestealer
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11039 on: February 03, 2019, 02:06:46 am »

In older editions (methinks 2nd) Ork genestealers would exist, and everything would go according to usual, but then the Ork Genestealers would fight AGAINST the hive mind, allied with the regular Orks (Presumably because the tiny now-four-armed Boyz in its DNA were yelling “ORK” more than “GENESTEALER”). Proving that while you can put the Genestealer in the Ork, you can’t take the Ork out of the Genestealer
Orky 'nids, now that is a scary idea
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 824